Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Spring Spectacular: Channeled Dispels

Default Spring Spectacular: Channeled Dispels

Spirit Dispel (119), Spiritual Abolition (230), Elemental Dispel (417), Elemental Disjunction (530), and Mental Dispel (1218) have been updated so they can now be channeled to remove only negative effects from a target. Doing so always costs the base amount of mana for the spell, incurs 5 seconds of RT, and forces the caster into offensive stance. Channeling these spells is possible in a sanctuary and will not cause the target to lose a prepared spell or mana.

Today marks the last day of Spring Spectacular. We hope you've enjoyed it!

GameMaster Estild

This message was originally posted in Combat, Magic, and Character Mechanics, Magic. To discuss the above, follow the link below.

http://forums.play.net/forums/19/327/3365/view/179
    From yesterday, no one posted so fuggit here you go. Is nice.

You channel.
    You momentarily drop your defenses as you focus your dispel to purge any negative effects.
    You sense your control of the mana weave return.
    Cast Roundtime 3 Seconds.
    Roundtime: 5 sec.
    Mithrilschlong, 2015-03-10 to slightly later on 2015-03-10. You will not be forgotten!
    usable Meteor Swarm, late 2020-12-30 to early 2020-12-31. You will also not be forgotten!

If I can channel 119 at myself to take off Sounds when triton magus cast it at me then this is phenomenal.

e: Powersink from SoS sentinels as well.
    Last edited by audioserf; 05-09-2019 at 11:07 AM.

Forces stance offensive for a hard 5 sec rt

Quote Originally Posted by audioserf View Post
    If I can channel 119 at myself to take off Sounds when triton magus cast it at me then this is phenomenal.

What that dispel in op was from, a godsend for that. A fanatic rolled 99 and got me with a 703 which is also annoying as shit, and a spirit / elemental spell, and 1218 took it off so I guess not ONLY on sphere of influence. Interdiction, interference....amazing. Estild also mentioned they'd like to do a review of debuff duration, in general.

You channel.
    You momentarily drop your defenses as you focus your dispel to purge any negative effects.
    The blood red haze dissipates from around you.
    Cast Roundtime 3 Seconds.
    Roundtime: 5 sec.
    Mithrilschlong, 2015-03-10 to slightly later on 2015-03-10. You will not be forgotten!
    usable Meteor Swarm, late 2020-12-30 to early 2020-12-31. You will also not be forgotten!

This is actually hilarious because it buffs every single class (everyone can learn a Dispel of some kind) while devaluing some Monk ability. Soothing Word? Doesn't that take off debuffs?

Too lazy to find the post, but the 515 CHANNEL proc 530 bug that was putting wizards in hard RT has been fixed.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

I can confirm this 119 works to take off sounds which is probably the only real use case I have for this change atm.

This is actually hilarious because it buffs every single class (everyone can learn a Dispel of some kind) while devaluing some Monk ability. Soothing Word? Doesn't that take off debuffs?
    soothing word dispels non-magical and magical emotional effects basically. like berserk, calm, warcries, frenzy, nightmare, sounds. basically anything where if it makes sense for you to slap someone like in Airplane and yell "CALM YOUR TITS", it works on that.

https://gswiki.play.net/Soothing_Word_(1205)

With telepathy lore, it also grants a brief 30 second immunity to Sheer Fear from undead.

Quote Originally Posted by Donquix View Post
    soothing word dispels non-magical and magical emotional effects basically. like berserk, calm, warcries, frenzy, nightmare, sounds. basically anything where if it makes sense for you to slap someone like in Airplane and yell "CALM YOUR TITS", it works on that.

With telepathy lore, it also grants a brief 30 second immunity to Sheer Fear from undead.
    What use is this if monks already get dispel. It’s redundant and the use case for this spell is pretty low.

GS combat happens so fast these changes seem dumb for in combat.

Quote Originally Posted by Donquix View Post

Monks running around high level undead areas like

Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible