Page 20 of 30 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast
Results 191 to 200 of 295

Thread: Spring spectacular: 925?

  1. #191

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    Honestly I've only been half paying attention to how this new enchant shit even works, I just know it goes by how much mana you use on critters now.

    Give me the tl;dr version of how mana pulses factor in?

    The only thing I can think of to determine a pulse is to keep a running total of your current mana and if it ever goes up by your exact mana pulse amount it will assume a mana pulse has happened. Of course the only problem then would be using a society ability or using mana leech that happens to give you the same amount of mana as a pulse.
    So the quick and dirty is: You generate "static" from casting offensive spells. That static can only be absorbed when you pulse. Any extra is most likely lost and you have to generate more for the next pulse. If you have no static when you pulse you dont make any essence.

  2. #192

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AnOrdim View Post
    So the quick and dirty is: You generate "static" from casting offensive spells. That static can only be absorbed when you pulse. Any extra is most likely lost and you have to generate more for the next pulse. If you have no static when you pulse you dont make any essence.
    Ah, so we're trying to figure out how much static we get per pulse.

    Like I said the only thing I can think of is the mana gain thing but that would run into problems with society abilities and mana leech. I suppose I could also track how much spirit the person has and if their spirit dropped by 5 it can ignore that mana gain. Symbol of mana would be a problem if the person's mana regen is exactly 50 or the symbol brings them to full mana. And people can just not use mana leech I suppose. Same problem goes for GoS ability though. I'm open to ideas on how to track a mana pulse.

    Only thing is the sense verb doesn't really give us much information to go by, especially when people have saved up enough static for 25+ enchants.
    Last edited by Tgo01; 05-07-2019 at 06:43 PM.

  3. #193

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    Ah, so we're trying to figure out how much static we get per pulse.

    Like I said the only thing I can think of is the mana gain thing but that would run into problems with society abilities and mana leech. I suppose I could also track how much spirit the person has and if their spirit dropped by 5 it can ignore that mana gain. Symbol of mana would be a problem if the person's mana regen is exactly 50. And people can just not use mana leech I suppose.

    Only thing is the sense verb doesn't really give us much information to go by, especially when people have saved up enough static for 25+ enchants.
    Probably not worth putting TOO much more effort into it then. Apparently, they have acknowledged that things are going to change, they are just working out the details before making the changes to the changes.

  4. #194

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    Honestly I've only been half paying attention to how this new enchant shit even works, I just know it goes by how much mana you use on critters now.

    Give me the tl;dr version of how mana pulses factor in?

    The only thing I can think of to determine a pulse is to keep a running total of your current mana and if it ever goes up by your exact mana pulse amount it will assume a mana pulse has happened. Of course the only problem then would be using a society ability or using mana leech that happens to give you the same amount of mana as a pulse.
    There's basically a buffer layer between mana spent -> essence gained (naos called it "static build up")

    Casting spells generates static. The amount of static generated is dependent on skills of who the fuck knows Naos can't even get it right when he talks about it, applied to the mana spent and modfied by the level of the target compared to yours. that static sits there, doing nothing and completely unable to be checked how much you have, because fuck you.

    when a mana pulse happens, some amount of static is converted from "static" to the "essence" you actually need to enchant. Some formula based around EMC, with the upper bound being EL:W bonus + Some factor of Harness Power (so EMC factor, which we don't know, or EL:W / hp factor, whichever is less).

    Any unabsorbed "static" is lost on the mana pulse and you go back to 0, unless you have 5+ ranks of air lore then some percentage carries over and remains in the "static" bucket.
    Mithrilschlong, 2015-03-10 to slightly later on 2015-03-10. You will not be forgotten!

  5. #195

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Donquix View Post
    There's basically a buffer layer between mana spent -> essence gained (naos called it "static build up")

    Casting spells generates static. The amount of static generated is dependent on skills of who the fuck knows Naos can't even get it right when he talks about it, applied to the mana spent and modfied by the level of the target compared to yours. that static sits there, doing nothing and completely unable to be checked how much you have, because fuck you.

    when a mana pulse happens, some amount of static is converted from "static" to the "essence" you actually need to enchant. Some formula based around EMC, with the upper bound being EL:W bonus + Some factor of Harness Power (so EMC factor, which we don't know, or EL:W / hp factor, whichever is less).

    Any unabsorbed "static" is lost on the mana pulse and you go back to 0, unless you have 5+ ranks of air lore then some percentage carries over and remains in the "static" bucket.
    Jesus tapdancing Christ. That's even more complicated than I thought.

    I guess a simple "Kill X number of like level critters" was too easy to code?

  6. #196
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Mars
    Posts
    28,226
    Blog Entries
    17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    Jesus tapdancing Christ. That's even more complicated than I thought.

    I guess a simple "Kill X number of like level critters" was too easy to code?
    You're so basic.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

  7. #197

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    Jesus tapdancing Christ. That's even more complicated than I thought.

    I guess a simple "Kill X number of like level critters" was too easy to code?
    Pretty much. I think (hope?) i'm close to capping for the week, but still not fucking there, and i've spent at least 36k mana. With a nearly ideal build as far as we've been told.

    A sorcerer with 0 ranks of necrolore would have to average 36 mana per kill for that, assuming they're on average killing things == level. And wouldn't be punished for killing the thing too fast.
    Mithrilschlong, 2015-03-10 to slightly later on 2015-03-10. You will not be forgotten!

  8. Default

    Just feed Naos your data.

    But no worries guys, I have a feeling it’s going to turn out fine (definitely less than 25 hours a week of non-min maxed hunting). I say this because I suspect it’s some part of Wyrom’s plan to get us all moving toward the higher end of enchants etc. for simucoin/itemization purposes of course.

  9. #199

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Donquix View Post
    There's basically a buffer layer between mana spent -> essence gained (naos called it "static build up")

    Casting spells generates static. The amount of static generated is dependent on skills of who the fuck knows Naos can't even get it right when he talks about it, applied to the mana spent and modfied by the level of the target compared to yours. that static sits there, doing nothing and completely unable to be checked how much you have, because fuck you.

    when a mana pulse happens, some amount of static is converted from "static" to the "essence" you actually need to enchant. Some formula based around EMC, with the upper bound being EL:W bonus + Some factor of Harness Power (so EMC factor, which we don't know, or EL:W / hp factor, whichever is less).

    Any unabsorbed "static" is lost on the mana pulse and you go back to 0, unless you have 5+ ranks of air lore then some percentage carries over and remains in the "static" bucket.



  10. #200

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Koars Light View Post
    Just feed Naos your data.

    But no worries guys, I have a feeling it’s going to turn out fine (definitely less than 25 hours a week of non-min maxed hunting). I say this because I suspect it’s some part of Wyrom’s plan to get us all moving toward the higher end of enchants etc. for simucoin/itemization purposes of course.
    It's fine. He farmed it using a script on a character with unlimited mana to make sure it worked real good.

    (that was an answer to "uh, this seems kinda slow")
    Mithrilschlong, 2015-03-10 to slightly later on 2015-03-10. You will not be forgotten!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •