Page 17 of 29 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: Spring spectacular: 925?

Quote Originally Posted by Maerit View Post
    I decided to update my warmage routine to include 519 evoke as the opener instead of stomping 909. Works fine. Not great for mana, and makes my hunt slower since I have to spend 3s RT for 519 instead of instant 909 stomp, but at least I can accrue essence until there's some warmage fixes in place.
    I bet if you ask Estild why high mana spells are required to build your essence, he'd reply with that crap "because wizards can leech mana".

I still hate how fucking tedious this change has made it. I can't spend all my waking hours hunting to slowly try to enchant something past 4x. This is fucking stupid. This change actually makes me not want to play because now it feel like a god damn chore to utilize enchant. It's not a fun change to see that several hours of hunting gives a paltry return in my efforts.

I guess I wait to see if anything changes as they "adjust" the spell before I make any final decisions about it all.

Quote Originally Posted by drumpel View Post
    I bet if you ask Estild why high mana spells are required to build your essence, he'd reply with that crap "because wizards can leech mana".
    This is correct.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    Can't they at least throw us a bone? They want us figure all of this shit out, fine. Great. But at least give us exact numbers (or a small range of numbers) of how much energy we have stored up.

Enough for a +2 enchant tells us almost nothing. That's anywhere from 101 to 199. And it gets even more stupid as you get to the 25+ enchant range because then it's 2400 energy per enchant.
    A couple of people asked if we could get a way to track our progress, just in general like "you feel like you are halfway to being full of essence" and his response was, literally, "why would you want to know how close you are to the weekly cap?"

And I just closed discord. I deal with dumbfuck developers that are on the spectrum all day at work, that was enough of that for gemstone for the day. When you have to explain basic human nature to someone, it's just not worth the time.
    Last edited by Donquix; 05-07-2019 at 03:36 PM.
    Mithrilschlong, 2015-03-10 to slightly later on 2015-03-10. You will not be forgotten!
    usable Meteor Swarm, late 2020-12-30 to early 2020-12-31. You will also not be forgotten!

Quote Originally Posted by Donquix View Post
    A couple of people asked if we could get a way to track our progress, just in general like "you feel like you are halfway to being full of essence" and his response was, literally, "why would you want to know how close you are to the weekly cap?"

And I just closed discord. I deal with dumbfuck developers that are on the spectrum all day at work, that was enough of that for gemstone for the day. When you have to explain basic human nature to someone, it's just not worth the time.

Fuck sake what's wrong with these people?

Also seen:

Naos 🌌Today at 12:34 PM
    I don't want people to figure out the numbers perfectly.
    Last edited by Methais; 05-07-2019 at 03:47 PM.
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post

No, I am not Drauz in game.

Quote Originally Posted by Naos
    Naos ��Today at 12:59 PM
    What is the value in knowing how close you are to your cap?

Also seen:

Naos ��Today at 12:34 PM
    I don't want people to figure out the numbers perfectly.
    Which is honestly a better tact. Like, "we don't want you to know this so you don't game the system or IMMERSION" is, fucking stupid...but, it's still while stupid, a relatively reasonable point of view. even if, again...fucking dumb.

But not even having the most modest amount of empathy to understand that people want to know they are at least making progress, and a general idea of how that progress is going, is a just straight up sperg bullshit.
    Mithrilschlong, 2015-03-10 to slightly later on 2015-03-10. You will not be forgotten!
    usable Meteor Swarm, late 2020-12-30 to early 2020-12-31. You will also not be forgotten!

Ok, I have this idea in my head about this and not sure how to express it. So my older mage who is 82 trains is a very typical build. Here are his relevant stats:

Arcane Symbols.....................| 216 116
    Magic Item Use.....................| 216 116
    Spell Aiming.......................| 268 168
    Harness Power......................| 185 85
    Elemental Mana Control.............| 184 84
    Elemental Lore - Air...............| 105 25
    Elemental Lore - Fire..............| 90 20
    Elemental Lore - Water.............| 25 5

First let me say, the hunting requirement, I am totally ok with. It is how they set things up that has me annoyed. If they take a build that is similar to mine and set up the system so that I can hunt off my gift, and have enchants take about the same time as before, then I would think this change was outstanding. It just seems to me, they should not make it any worse for me to hunt and enchant now then it did before, if I put in a reasonable amount of time. People that hunt more than just their gift will have an advantage, and that is how it should be, but not all of us have the time available to play 12-15 hours a week; just so I can get back to what I was doing at 6-8.

Jesus. I was thinking the first quote from him could be sarcasm, because that's totally something I would say if someone suggested something for one of my scripts that was a really good and obvious idea. "Why would you want to know that?!" as I code in their suggestion.

But he is apparently straight up arguing with people now, demanding to know why they want to know how close they are to cap.

At this point I'm surprised they even told us what the weekly and total caps are.

The 925 release in an alternate reality:

"We updated 925. It now uses energy. Good luck!"

I guess we should count our lucky stars.
    Last edited by Tgo01; 05-07-2019 at 04:04 PM.

So I parsed my logs for how many spell casts I've done since yesterday. Should only be things cast at something. I'm sure it's not entirely accurate but it's pretty close. The number number is # of spell casts I found in logs * cost for that spell. Any AoE was TARGETED at something, so should count

This is with 2x emc, 2x hp, 100 EL:w, 20 EL:F, 0 air, 0 earth

Code:
    [tearbullshit: Cost for Call Wind: 84]
    [tearbullshit: Cost for Chromatic Circle: 18]
    [tearbullshit: Cost for Ice Patch: 372]
    [tearbullshit: Cost for Cone of Lightning: 1332]
    [tearbullshit: Cost for Boil Earth: 9690]
    [tearbullshit: Cost for Elemental Disjunction: 5790]
    [tearbullshit: Cost for Elemental Dispel: 34]
    [tearbullshit: Cost for Elemental Wave: 1910]
    [tearbullshit: Cost for Haste: 35] <--- lol typo for 435
    [tearbullshit: Cost for Hurl Boulder: 10]
    [tearbullshit: Cost for Immolation: 494]
    [tearbullshit: Cost for Major Cold: 5432]
    [tearbullshit: Cost for Major Elemental Wave: 525]
    [tearbullshit: Cost for Major Fire: 40]
    [tearbullshit: Cost for Major Shock: 920]
    [tearbullshit: Cost for Mana Leech: 1696]
    [tearbullshit: Cost for Minor Acid: 240]
    [tearbullshit: Cost for Minor Shock: 12]
    [tearbullshit: Cost for Minor Water: 1245]
    [tearbullshit: Cost for Sandstorm: 14]
    [tearbullshit: Cost for Slow: 20]
    [tearbullshit: Cost for Stone Fist: 14]
    [tearbullshit: Cost for Tremors: 9]
    [tearbullshit: Cost for Weapon Fire: 15]
    [tearbullshit: Total: 29951]
    I am not capped on energy. It's actually missing a bunch of hurl boulders because i was CHANNELING them for a while, dicking around, and I didn't parse that correctly. I just noticed.
    Last edited by Donquix; 05-07-2019 at 04:21 PM.