Page 21 of 29 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Spring spectacular: 925?

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    Jesus tapdancing Christ. That's even more complicated than I thought.

I guess a simple "Kill X number of like level critters" was too easy to code?
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Quote Originally Posted by Donquix View Post
    It's fine. He farmed it using a script on a character with unlimited mana to make sure it worked real good.

(that was an answer to "uh, this seems kinda slow")
    And has no idea what his lore setup was.
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.

Updated both ;mana-tracking AND ;companion-mana-tracking

Be sure to redownload both if you're using them and you want in on these awesome new features.

The script now starts keeping track of how much time you have spent casting offensive spells as soon as you cast an offensive spell. The script stops tracking this time 4 minutes after your last offensive spell was cast, but this time will be saved and will be added to as soon as you start casting an offensive spell again.

For example you cast an offensive spell which starts the clock, you're casting offensive spells for 8 minutes (without a break longer than 4 minutes during this 8 minute period), then you go to town to rest for 10 minutes. After 4 minutes you will get this message:

[mana-tracking: You haven't cast an offensive spell in 4 minutes. Time will not be counted until you cast an offensive spell again.]

And the script should stop tracking time, resulting in the script clocking you in for 12 minutes of casting no matter how long you rest after this point. The process starts over again once you cast an offensive spell.

This also works for tracking pulses, the script should stop tracking pulses after you get the 4 minute message.

Here is an example of the stats it tracks now:

[mana-tracking: Elemental Strike total casts: 16]
    [mana-tracking: Total:]
    [mana-tracking: Mana spent: 240]
    [mana-tracking: Time spent casting (minutes:seconds): 1:33]
    [mana-tracking: ####################]
    [mana-tracking: Since last enchant update:]
    [mana-tracking: Mana spent: 240]
    [mana-tracking: Number of pulses: 2]
    [mana-tracking: Time spent casting (minutes:seconds): 1:33]

I tested these new features but it might not be perfect. I'm doing this Simu-style, baby!

Keep in mind these new stats are also saved until you reset them by doing ;mana-tracking reset

The current "Time spent casting" is automatically reset after your enchant number has been updated.
    Last edited by Tgo01; 05-08-2019 at 02:05 PM.

Realized a bug in ;companion-mana-tracking and have already uploaded a new version. So if you downloaded ;companion-mana-tracking in between my last post and this post you should download it again.

In the old version it would stop checking for enchant updates as well as stop tracking pulses after the 4 minute message, the latest version should just stop tracking the number of pulses after the 4 minute message.

So it's possible you might get an enchant update after 4 minutes (who the hell even knows if that's possible) but the script stops tracking pulses after 4 minutes, so the pulse figure might not be 100% accurate depending on how this even works but it will be darn close enough.
    Last edited by Tgo01; 05-08-2019 at 02:13 PM.

I don't have time to do this right now, but it occurred to me that it's actually fairly easy to test out what contributes to essence gain and in what proportion. You would need to jump into the test server, dump all your HP/EL:E/EMC, etc, and then used contained spells (like 910, which is easy to track for mana spent) until you hit +1 (100 essence). You then enchant some crap gear to +1 to get rid of all your essence (you could also keep going, but this way you know you have a baseline) and you bump a skill and repeat. Eventually you'd have enough numbers to figure out rough proportions at least.
    My current items for sale or trade: Treasures in the Brambles.

Quote Originally Posted by BriarFox View Post
    I don't have time to do this right now, but it occurred to me that it's actually fairly easy to test out what contributes to essence gain and in what proportion. You would need to jump into the test server, dump all your HP/EL:E/EMC, etc, and then used contained spells (like 910, which is easy to track for mana spent) until you hit +1 (100 essence). You then enchant some crap gear to +1 to get rid of all your essence (you could also keep going, but this way you know you have a baseline) and you bump a skill and repeat. Eventually you'd have enough numbers to figure out rough proportions at least.
    "Due to players testing 925, we have disabled 925 on the test server." -Naos, probably
    Last edited by Methais; 05-08-2019 at 02:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    "Due to players testing 925, we have disabled 925 on the test server." -Naos, probably
    "Why would you want to test 925 on the test server?"

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    "Why would you want to test 925 on the test server?"
    Naos ��Today at 2:51 PM
    It's kind of cheating since you have the test server now.

I think that part was a little tongue in cheek, but all the rest of his defensive complaining today was actually stupid.
    Mithrilschlong, 2015-03-10 to slightly later on 2015-03-10. You will not be forgotten!
    usable Meteor Swarm, late 2020-12-30 to early 2020-12-31. You will also not be forgotten!

I gained about 6000 exp today, no lumnis... creature bounties only.. hunting well over fried... started at +25... still at +25
    Last edited by adred; 05-08-2019 at 06:59 PM.
    adred0111 (discord)