Page 22 of 30 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Spring spectacular: 925?

My favorite quote from the officials: "...we are working out the kinks...Wyrom"

What was the fucking rush in the first place? Simu had to know they would get blowback either way, so why not take the time to get <gasp> customer input beforehand?

"You're well beyond training for a reason."...Gelston

Quote Originally Posted by Askip View Post

What was the fucking rush in the first place? Simu had to know they would get blowback either way, so why not take the time to get <gasp> customer input beforehand?

Great strategy to get game development for free via the community.
    adred#0111 (discord)

Quote Originally Posted by adred View Post
    Great strategy to get game development for free via the community.
    Rep worthy.
    "You're well beyond training for a reason."...Gelston

Quote Originally Posted by Askip View Post

Because they didn't anticipate the amount of mega butthurt people would have over this. I actually like the change and think Simu did something right.

Quote Originally Posted by Fortybox View Post
    Because they didn't anticipate the amount of mega butthurt people would have over this. I actually like the change and think Simu did something right.
    Hope Wrathbringer's shart hole, and Methais' dick stay super wet for you.
    adred#0111 (discord)

Quote Originally Posted by Fortybox View Post
    It's overall a better system, it's just tuned a little off and Estild and Naos being 'spergs and Wyrom not doing his job and communicating with people = dumpster fire.

If they would have just put this on the PTR we could have had this figured out without all the drama. Whatevs.
    Mithrilschlong, 2015-03-10 to slightly later on 2015-03-10. You will not be forgotten!

Quote Originally Posted by Donquix View Post
    It's overall a better system, it's just tuned a little off and Estild and Naos being 'spergs and Wyrom not doing his job and communicating with people = dumpster fire.

If they would have just put this on the PTR we could have had this figured out without all the drama. Whatevs.
    the system is junk... +46 on t5 lowsteel = easy.... +31 on lowsteel t5 stringed item is easy... but +33 on a t5 runestaff... completely impossible
    adred#0111 (discord)

Can someone check my math here to see if I have it right? I'm trying to update my ;mana-tracking script to keep track of how much energy you have gained since you last reset the stats so you can check to see how close you are to your weekly cap. It would be simple enough if people never actually used their energy, but I'm trying to keep track of energy even if people use their energy to perform enchants.

To do this the script is going to do a SENSE whenever you use 925 and also whenever it notices a pulse. The script then grabs the + part from the SENSE and keeps checking to see if the new SENSE information is different.

For example let's say you first start up the script and SENSE says "You sense that you have accumulated enough essence to complete a +15 enchantment." 15 will be saved to the "original_enchant_possible" variable. It then keeps checking after every pulse and if the two numbers don't match, let's say for example the next pulse shows a +16, then the 16 gets saved as the "current_enchant_possible" variable. So in this example it would mean you gained 100 energy and that 100 gets saved to another variable. Then when you get to +17 that's another 100 and it's added to the original 100 for a total of 200. Easy enough so far. The problem is when we get to the dreaded 25 bonus range and everything gets more complicated.

So does this math look right to account for all of that?

Here's the code:
    Code:
    original_enchant_possible = 1
    current_enchant_possible = 50
    difference = current_enchant_possible - original_enchant_possible
    if current_enchant_possible < 25
    	total_essense_gained += (difference * 100)
    else
    	if original_enchant_possible < 25
    		math = (current_enchant_possible - difference)
    		math = (25 - math)
    		total_essense_gained += (math * 100)
    		math = (current_enchant_possible - 24)
    		total_essense_gained += (math * 2400)
    	else
    		total_essense_gained += (difference * 2400)
    	end
    end
    I know it's impossible but this is just for the sake of testing, if you started with +1 enchant and the next pulse showed you could do a +50, the above math says you gained 64,800 essence, does that sound right?

Going from +20 to +30 shows a gain of 14,900 energy.

Going from +10 to +20 shows a gain of 1000 energy.

Going from +25 to +27 shows a gain of 4800 energy.

Going from +26 to +35 shows a gain of 21,600.

Does that all look right? Anything I should change? Much appreciated.

Unless of course the GMs have already said they are going to make it so you can see essence gained, in which case I just wasted my time :O

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    Unless of course the GMs have already said they are going to make it so you can see essence gained, in which case I just wasted my time :O
    The best we got is "they are working on tweaking things" that could mean anything from a completely new system to shifting numbers around, and everything in between.