Page 7 of 29 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Spring spectacular: 925?

being realistic most of the formulas have never been straight up handed out.. at least didn't used to be.. it took people like Murrandii doing weird ass canada spread sheets and then someone else saying I found out this instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Roiken View Post
    being realistic most of the formulas have never been straight up handed out.. at least didn't used to be.. it took people like Murrandii doing weird ass canada spread sheets and then someone else saying I found out this instead.
    Most of them had pretty accurate measurables where you could change factors and see success rates change, and didn't have multiple unknown layers (mana spent -> static, static -> essence, static carry over from air lore since you can't know how much static you had)

COULD you figure something out? Sure, i said pain in the ass not impossible. I just see no reason to obfuscate the system this much. People are already freaking out that they are <gasp> being forced to play the game, being able to figure out how much they are going to be forced to play the game seems reasonable.

I have a ton of water lore, and don't see myself going under 75 ranks unless something drastic changes, with typical post camp EMC / HP traiing. From testing with that setup others have done and my own experience, I pretty much get everything I spend mana wise so I'm good with it.
    Mithrilschlong, 2015-03-10 to slightly later on 2015-03-10. You will not be forgotten!
    usable Meteor Swarm, late 2020-12-30 to early 2020-12-31. You will also not be forgotten!

Quote Originally Posted by Stumplicker View Post
    It's a good change. It's an overdue change. It's a change that doesn't involve a 15th new currency. It will be fleshed out and explained in a wiki page when all the information is properly disseminated. It's designed in a way that discourages botting and encourages actually playing your character. It's designed in a way so you don't have to hand your weapon over to a wizard for months at a time and not use it at all during that period.

There's nothing to bitch about.
    While I do agree that as a whole it is a good change, I am not sure there is nothing to bitch about. This was an exceptionally poorly handled rollout, I will not say I am the most attentive person to stuff like this, but I am hardly the least and I never heard anything about it.

My older wizard is very much a classic bolting mage, and if as a result of that type of build his ability to enchant stays about the same as it was with me hunting his gift every week plus a little extra, which is typical for me now, then I would say, the net gain is zero, but that only applies to someone with a build like mine. My UAC warmage is screwed, he will never enchant again, which is not a huge deal, he was not built for that.

My biggest complaint right now is that in order for the system to work properly I need to go out and use mana intensive spells that will not allow me to finish bounties without taking breaks between hunts. I just cannot for the life of me understand the wisdom of implementing the system that way. I am ok with everything else I have read, but why penalize people that are efficient hunters?

Quote Originally Posted by Donquix View Post
    If you actually play the game as anything other than a cyber room, it's a clear upgrade. Obviously, people who never hunt out of being a pocket enchanter or just don't care and RP, but still want to do the wizarding, are going to get the shaft. I don't really give a shit about pocket enchanters gettin fucked, but people who either have very limited play time or just don't hunt much I feel for and they have every right to be upset. There's not a good answer for them.

But they're just being annoyingly obtuse with the numbers. Most of the complaints could be answered or at least more intelligently discussed if we knew wtf was going on but it's like uh....i dunno, i get some percent of mana spent? and that mana spent goes into like a temp bucket then i get it in a real bucket? but i don't really know how much, or anything. Versus ensorcell is like "kill 1000 things. if you get a lot of necro lore kill like, 500 things. ok cool."
    This is correct x100000000000000000000000000000000000
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Quote Originally Posted by Winter View Post
    Judging from the answers from the GMs on the board and discoord, I have a feeling that this was being worked on for a while but then suddenly rushed out for some reason and I'm not sure why. There are a plethora of issues which both Naos and Estlid didn't pick up on, they both know the game well enough not to miss such huge oversights.
    Estild is the last person that should be working on wizards. He's completely out of touch with everything regarding them, and it's been that way since the ELR with pretty much zero improvement, and I have no idea why Coase approves 90% of the shit he comes up with.

Great dev/QA crew we got there.
    Last edited by Methais; 05-06-2019 at 11:53 AM.
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.

Quote Originally Posted by Stumplicker View Post
    I'll be the first one to bitch about new development that requires you to buy simucoins above and beyond the highest subscription model in a game of its genre. This however is development everyone has been begging for since ensorcelling came out, and now many of those same people are doing nothing but crying about how unfair it all is. I have no sympathy.

It's a good change. It's an overdue change. It's a change that doesn't involve a 15th new currency. It will be fleshed out and explained in a wiki page when all the information is properly disseminated. It's designed in a way that discourages botting and encourages actually playing your character. It's designed in a way so you don't have to hand your weapon over to a wizard for months at a time and not use it at all during that period.

There's nothing to bitch about.
    Can you tell us which people asked for it to be a massively convoluted system where they don't even give out the info needed to understand fully how it works, vs. ensorcell's "kill and forget" method whose bonus is based on 1 lore instead of 3?

The concept isn't bad. But as usual, Simu fails miserably in the execution.

maining a sorcerer sorta... i'm obligated to say that not only necro goes into 735... that is all.

Quote Originally Posted by Roiken View Post
    maining a sorcerer sorta... i'm obligated to say that not only necro goes into 735... that is all.
    What else goes into it? The only lore I'm seeing mentioned on the wiki is necro.

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    Can you tell us which people asked for it to be a massively convoluted system where they don't even give out the info needed to understand fully how it works, vs. ensorcell's "kill and forget" method whose bonus is based on 1 lore instead of 3?

The concept isn't bad. But as usual, Simu fails miserably in the execution.
    Why should Simu give all the stuff away. Let people discover it.

This was a good change. I’m glad they finally tackled it and think the new system is great. I’ll probably be rolling up a new wizard as a result.

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    What else goes into it? The only lore I'm seeing mentioned on the wiki is necro.

necro lore is a bonus. You don’t have to have it.