Page 5 of 29 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Spring spectacular: 925?

Quote Originally Posted by Donquix View Post
    But they're just being annoyingly obtuse with the numbers. Most of the complaints could be answered or at least more intelligently discussed if we knew wtf was going on but it's like uh....i dunno, i get some percent of mana spent? and that mana spent goes into like a temp bucket then i get it in a real bucket? but i don't really know how much, or anything. Versus ensorcell is like "kill 1000 things. if you get a lot of necro lore kill like, 500 things. ok cool."
    This is exactly what I was thinking. Do sorcs have to have all kind of lores to use ensorcel, I honestly don't know, my sorc is only 25 and I NEVER play him.

My 82 wizard is a classic bolter with some air, water, and fire lore, so I suspect he will be ok, maybe not a perfect enchanter but he is not built for that. My other 61 wizard is UAC, so I guess I have 2 questions. Will we be able to work on more than one major per account now, because with it being instant, it seems like it and if I just e-wave before I use UAC does that get me credit for the system?

Reading in the officials, I am ok, I guess with the changes, except the whole, using higher mana requirement spells nets more essence. Why the hell does this matter? Dead critter is dead critter, or do we want to encourage a bunch of people casting meteor swarm in a hunting area?
    Last edited by kutter; 05-06-2019 at 12:07 AM.

2. Default

Lumnis was invented to allow "casual" players to keep up with the more hardcore, and it was a good implementation. The simple solution to the grind aspect here is to allow the lumnis multiplier to work on the essence stuff for enchanting, and the necrojuice too.
    Your mind is completely fucked. It is imperative that you unfuck immediately!

It's a moderately good solution. They could have rolled it out better though. Announce it, give it a date when it will be released, let players ask tons of these questions like "what about warmages", so they can flush out some of the obvious problems that QC should have caught, and let players finish their projects. Something like this probably could have benefited from a 3-month roll-out strategy instead of:

Here's a new 925 everyone! Too bad if you're in the middle of a 10x, and can't finish it in time, or you're a warmage we totally forgot about that large % of the wizard community...

Once the dust settles months from now, it will be a massive improvement on the previously antiquated 925 system. Until then, everyone who is currently working on an enchant is going to be in a bit of a frenzy trying to understand how this will screw them.
    Last edited by Maerit; 05-06-2019 at 01:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kutter View Post
    This is exactly what I was thinking. Do sorcs have to have all kind of lores to use ensorcel, I honestly don't know, my sorc is only 25 and I NEVER play him.

My 82 wizard is a classic bolter with some air, water, and fire lore, so I suspect he will be ok, maybe not a perfect enchanter but he is not built for that. My other 61 wizard is UAC, so I guess I have 2 questions. Will we be able to work on more than one major per account now, because with it being instant, it seems like it and if I just e-wave before I use UAC does that get me credit for the system?

Reading in the officials, I am ok, I guess with the changes, except the whole, using higher mana requirement spells nets more essence. Why the hell does this matter? Dead critter is dead critter, or do we want to encourage a bunch of people casting meteor swarm in a hunting area?
    There are no more "slots". You accrue enough energy to do a +1 enchant of a certain tier, you cast it, and you're done. It's pretty cheap until +25, then it starts getting much more expensive per point. By the time you get close to 6x you can't do a full +5 enchant anymore, even if your bank is full (64,000, or 4 weeks of capping your gainz). But before that someone could pay you for all your juice, you can take the item, channel 5 times and done. Around 6x the most a single person could do with a max bank is +3 at a time.

Ensorcell is based around same level kills. You kill something == your level, you get a X amount of juice, goes up a little for higher level stuff, down a little for lower level stuff similar to exp per kill. If you train necro lore, you get +x bonus per kill. It's really simple, and dead easy to track. Murderverses (the new bard thing) are you have a CHANCE to earn your point for the week on every kill, that chance continues to go up as you kill things until it effectively becomes 100%. A little dumb, but it's straight forward: kill shit until you get the point, might need to kill a lot, might be lucky. if you kill X (i think it's 750 things now?) you'll for sure get it.
    Last edited by Donquix; 05-06-2019 at 01:30 AM.
    Mithrilschlong, 2015-03-10 to slightly later on 2015-03-10. You will not be forgotten!
    usable Meteor Swarm, late 2020-12-30 to early 2020-12-31. You will also not be forgotten!

There are no more "slots". You accrue enough energy to do a +1 enchant of a certain tier, you cast it, and you're done. It's pretty cheap until +25, then it starts getting much more expensive per point. By the time you get close to 6x you can't do a full +5 enchant anymore, even if your bank is full (64,000, or 4 weeks of capping your gainz). But before that someone could pay you for all your juice, you can take the item, channel 5 times and done. Around 6x the most a single person could do with a max bank is +3 at a time.

Ensorcell is based around same level kills. You kill something == your level, you get a X amount of juice, goes up a little for higher level stuff, down a little for lower level stuff similar to exp per kill. If you train necro lore, you get +x bonus per kill. It's really simple, and dead easy to track. Murderverses (the new bard thing) are you have a CHANCE to earn your point for the week on every kill, that chance continues to go up as you kill things until it effectively becomes 100%. A little dumb, but it's straight forward: kill shit until you get the point, might need to kill a lot, might be lucky. if you kill X (i think it's 750 things now?) you'll for sure get it.
    From what I am seeing, it seems you can now do a 5X in two weeks, and 6X in about 5 and that seems to be total time, not each enchant, at least that is what the math seems to say on the officials, but that might be for a capped mage with all the appropriate lores to maximize their essence earning/retention. I just don't understand why they had to make such a convoluted system instead of something more like ensorcell, that being said, I feel for all the pocket enchanters, because this will destroy them, but it does seem like an improvement, even if it will have some growing pains.

I am not overly concerned about enchanting with my warmage, he is not built to enchant at all, so I doubt he would have the skill to do much over a 5 or maybe a 6 at most.

I would have preferred for them to have done a better job of advance notice of the rollout and a smoother transition. It seems that they have not even put the finishing touches on it but brought it out.

Wow, i just woke up to this. Guess im a little late to the party. But HELL YAH, i'm really stoked about this update. What is it fucking christmas this month?

That said, I only see:

You study your surroundings and use your keen knowledge of the arcane. It quickly becomes evident that this area is not a magical workshop.

You do not detect the distinct harmonies of a mana pool.
    You have accumulated sufficient essence to complete the first cast of a second tier enchantment.

You have reached the maximum (10,000) mana points allowed in your weekly mana pool accumulation, and have a total of 1346 mana points stored in your personal mana pool.

The update speaks of specific amount of essence needed for enchants, i did not see any mention of "tiers". How am I to interpret the essence amount? Also what are mana points going to be used for moving forward? Or is that essence now?

Quote Originally Posted by kutter View Post
    I would have preferred for them to have done a better job of advance notice of the rollout and a smoother transition. It seems that they have not even put the finishing touches on it but brought it out.
    Judging from the answers from the GMs on the board and discoord, I have a feeling that this was being worked on for a while but then suddenly rushed out for some reason and I'm not sure why. There are a plethora of issues which both Naos and Estlid didn't pick up on, they both know the game well enough not to miss such huge oversights.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Winter View Post
    Judging from the answers from the GMs on the board and discoord, I have a feeling that this was being worked on for a while but then suddenly rushed out for some reason and I'm not sure why. There are a plethora of issues which both Naos and Estlid didn't pick up on, they both know the game well enough not to miss such huge oversights.
    Probably a deadline to get it out during this Spectacular Event thing. Fixing things after release is a standard for the gaming industry now anyways.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Wonder if you can enchant veil iron now.

- naos apparently didn't even realize that the elemental pretemper potions could be infused, has nothing implemented to deal with that (lol wut), said will get that fixed
    That's hilarious not only because Naos had no idea about it, but also because everyone involved in the approval process missed it too. Probably because none of them play wizards.

- doesn't really work for war mages, as it stands (said he is working on that as an oversight, but still)

Idiots.

I just wish they'd add some numbers to SENSE instead of making shit so vague. Nobody's wanted to deal with vague bullshit since like 2002.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible