Page 6 of 29 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Spring spectacular: 925?

Quote Originally Posted by Fortybox View Post
    Your tears are delicious.

The new system is great. Wizards who actually play and actually hunt should get rewarded.
    I agree, but unless I'm missing something, it also looks like it's going to be annoying as fuck the way it's set up. With Ensorcell you just go out and kill a bunch of stuff until you hit your weekly cap afaik. With this system it seems like you have to go out, bukkake your mana load on a critter(s), wait a pulse, do it again, wait a pulse, do it again, x48732043249023.

It's probably a buff for me since if I'm logged in I'm probably hunting and don't give a shit about exp, but for the average player it sounds like a huge nerf due to it being mana pulse based instead of just kill based.

Having some actual numbers to be able to figure out how much essence your kills are going to be worth would be nice too.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

With Ensorcell you can just go do a reim, make sure you tag everything and get energy quickly.. like Methais said a wizard (not that a strong enchanting wizard is) cant just be 1x or 1.5x hp...better get to 3x... and cant steam bolt you'd need to run though every mana intensive spell you have to get your rocks off for the week...well and do it solo because a group hunt would kill shit giving you less chance to burn that mana.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Roiken View Post
    With Ensorcell you can just go do a reim, make sure you tag everything and get energy quickly.. like Methais said a wizard (not that a strong enchanting wizard is) cant just be 1x or 1.5x hp...better get to 3x... and cant steam bolt you'd need to run though every mana intensive spell you have to get your rocks off for the week...well and do it solo because a group hunt would kill shit giving you less chance to burn that mana.
    Reim is likely one of the reasons that it's designed like that. Blame the giant blob of bots that lag the game twice a week, not the corrective action taken.

If it worked exactly like the ensorcell does, that group would balloon to 60 afk bots and cause even more lag.

Yes, it's a somewhat annoying convoluted system, but the other option is less enticing.

The thing is we have no idea what the absorption is like WITHOUT lore. If people keep their current builds with 60-70+ water lore, it's seemingly pretty much just spend a bunch of mana and it it doesn't matter how, at a certain point of water lore the bottleneck seems to become your mana regen, as you can absorb juice as fast as you can make it. We also have no idea right now of the effects for NON CAPPED wizards. What's the base formula for EMC generating "static" per cast? no idea. What's non-waterlore formula for Harness Power for converting that to essence? no idea. And those things are INCREDIBLY annoying to test with no way to really track what we're making.

For capped people with normal training, keeping the old waterlore build, you can pretty much j ust spend all your normal mana. If you're finshing hunts with mana left over, kill a few more things, or just dump what you can when you're done spread out a few different creatures. There is a cap on "static" generated for a single creature, under normal hunting you likely won't ever run into it really but if you're just trying to spam shit to fill up your mana, you may (think it's about 100)
    Mithrilschlong, 2015-03-10 to slightly later on 2015-03-10. You will not be forgotten!
    usable Meteor Swarm, late 2020-12-30 to early 2020-12-31. You will also not be forgotten!

Quote Originally Posted by Stumplicker View Post
    Reim is likely one of the reasons that it's designed like that. Blame the giant blob of bots that lag the game twice a week, not the corrective action taken.

If it worked exactly like the ensorcell does, that group would balloon to 60 afk bots and cause even more lag.

Yes, it's a somewhat annoying convoluted system, but the other option is less enticing.
    I highly doubt that group has anything to do with the design because wyrom sucks them off at every chance he gets.. but maybe?

I don't know what to really say about this change.

So little useful information has been posted to allow folks to fully understand how it all works makes it hard to really judge it all.

One one hand, I have a nearly capped wizard that I don't hunt with. He's kind of active, forging weapons, foraging herbs for folks from time to time, gathering pelts for folks from time to time and doing the rare bounty to actually earn some EXP. He doesn't have any EL:W lore so he doesn't build up a mana pool and he works one a couple of major projects a year (2 or 3 6x projects or a couple 7x projects). Now he won't be able to enchant because he doesn't hunt.....this fucking sucks. What a nice way to fuck over a person that's had the character since before the game moved to the web.

On the second hand I do have a wizard I hunt with, but I have zero ideas of how earning mana/essence even works since literally zero useful information has been given to us about it. How do flaring weapons work now? No pre-temper needed?

7. Default

I think the first post in this thread needs a F.A.Q. added. Here, I'll start it.

Q. I don't play the game with my wizard and I am mad that I can't enchant now.
    A. Good. Also, this isn't a question, which makes you stupid twice.

Q. I don't know anything about this new system that just went in yesterday.
    A. I'm sure there won't in the next week or two be a fully fleshed out wiki page for it that explains everything in minute detail. I guess you'd better quit.
    Last edited by Stumplicker; 05-06-2019 at 10:48 AM.

damn, harsh much. Edit: the wiki is being updated afaik.. but as mentioned in the thread nobody thinks this is a finish product.. The most up to date announcements will be found on the discord channel... there is quite a few posts and only a handful worth reading... So just wait for everything to come up from the rain.
    Last edited by Roiken; 05-06-2019 at 10:55 AM.

9. Default

damn, harsh much.
    I'll be the first one to bitch about new development that requires you to buy simucoins above and beyond the highest subscription model in a game of its genre. This however is development everyone has been begging for since ensorcelling came out, and now many of those same people are doing nothing but crying about how unfair it all is. I have no sympathy.

It's a good change. It's an overdue change. It's a change that doesn't involve a 15th new currency. It will be fleshed out and explained in a wiki page when all the information is properly disseminated. It's designed in a way that discourages botting and encourages actually playing your character. It's designed in a way so you don't have to hand your weapon over to a wizard for months at a time and not use it at all during that period.

There's nothing to bitch about.
    Last edited by Stumplicker; 05-06-2019 at 10:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stumplicker View Post
    I'll be the first one to bitch about new development that requires you to buy simucoins above and beyond the highest subscription model in a game of its genre. This however is development everyone has been begging for since ensorcelling came out, and now many of those same people are doing nothing but crying about how unfair it all is. I have no sympathy.

It's a good change. It's an overdue change. It's a change that doesn't involve a 15th new currency. It will be fleshed out and explained in a wiki page when all the information is properly disseminated. It's designed in a way that discourages botting and encourages actually playing your character. It's designed in a way so you don't have to hand your weapon over to a wizard for months at a time and not use it at all during that period.

There's nothing to bitch about.
    Good luck figuring out even approximate formulas where all the bases aren't given, the scaling number for skills beyond lores aren't given, and there's no way to track progress at all beyond 100+ energy jumps for half the system (essence), and literally no way track the other half of the system (static).
    Mithrilschlong, 2015-03-10 to slightly later on 2015-03-10. You will not be forgotten!
    usable Meteor Swarm, late 2020-12-30 to early 2020-12-31. You will also not be forgotten!