Page 24 of 29 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: Spring spectacular: 925?

same griffin, or different griffins each run? There seems to be a cap of static genned per creature, i think it is around 100 but that's just because i assume they are lazy and picked a round number. We don't know if/when that resets. Or is it per creature? Per creature per player?

account for random level spread of the griffins? We don't know how but it's modfied by level compared to creature, if it's like necrojuice / exp that could be a +/- 50% swing depending on what level the thing spawned at.

it's hard to know if you bottomed out entirely on essence, or where you were. maybe you gotta little extra here or there. if you weren't hunting and getting next to no essence per tick until you ticked up a tier, to be sure you were right at the cutoff, it's impossible to know if you were at xx01 or xx99 after a pulse that takes you to the next step.
    Mithrilschlong, 2015-03-10 to slightly later on 2015-03-10. You will not be forgotten!
    usable Meteor Swarm, late 2020-12-30 to early 2020-12-31. You will also not be forgotten!

Quote Originally Posted by Donquix View Post
    I think that part was a little tongue in cheek, but all the rest of his defensive complaining today was actually stupid.
    Naos is one of those hardcore purists that's still stuck in GS3. He was most likely being serious.

Kind of like if Krakii became a GM.

Well maybe not that bad, but still. :|
    Last edited by Methais; 05-09-2019 at 10:32 AM.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Quote Originally Posted by Askip View Post
    My favorite quote from the officials: "...we are working out the kinks...Wyrom"

What was the fucking rush in the first place? Simu had to know they would get blowback either way, so why not take the time to get <gasp> customer input beforehand?

My guess is that they thought they were gonna ride the hype train by releasing it during all this spring spectacular thing despite being incomplete and the GM who made it being out of touch with things that have happened over the past 5 years (or however long he was gone for) in GS.

Quote Originally Posted by adred View Post
    Great strategy to get game development for free via the community.
    They could accomplish this with "Hey guys, new enchant is on the test server for the next month, then it goes live. Help test plz."
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.

Quote Originally Posted by adred View Post
    Hope Wrathbringer's shart hole, and Methais' dick stay super wet for you.
    wut

same griffin, or different griffins each run? There seems to be a cap of static genned per creature, i think it is around 100 but that's just because i assume they are lazy and picked a round number. We don't know if/when that resets. Or is it per creature? Per creature per player?

account for random level spread of the griffins? We don't know how but it's modfied by level compared to creature, if it's like necrojuice / exp that could be a +/- 50% swing depending on what level the thing spawned at.

it's hard to know if you bottomed out entirely on essence, or where you were. maybe you gotta little extra here or there. if you weren't hunting and getting next to no essence per tick until you ticked up a tier, to be sure you were right at the cutoff, it's impossible to know if you were at xx01 or xx99 after a pulse that takes you to the next step.

I went for kills, instead of dumping mana, so no more than a maximum of 5 casts per griffin, typically more around 3.

I only attacked griffins. I did some in 10 cast increments, some in 20, some 1 by 1, resting in between watching for mana pulses.

The only unaccounted thing, is I had 2x Air Lore, so I never lost static. I may not have waited long enough for enough pulses for the "extra" static to convert to essence.

The random level swings are a big thing. If it does in fact swing it as much as EXP gain does you could have been getting 6 or 7 mana on some griffins or 15 on others. Without ensuring you're casting at an exactly level 100 griffin each time it's hard to say on a small controlled test.
    Mithrilschlong, 2015-03-10 to slightly later on 2015-03-10. You will not be forgotten!
    usable Meteor Swarm, late 2020-12-30 to early 2020-12-31. You will also not be forgotten!

The random level swings are a big thing. If it does in fact swing it as much as EXP gain does you could have been getting 6 or 7 mana on some griffins or 15 on others. Without ensuring you're casting at an exactly level 100 griffin each time it's hard to say on a small controlled test.
    Sounds like a job for warcamps.

Look at this Discord post from Naos on 3-20-18

Is there any simple method for tracking mana spent and mana gained in a lich script?
    Do you think he was working on this 925 change back then and was looking for ways to test it via Lich scripts?
    Last edited by Tgo01; 05-09-2019 at 01:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    Look at this Discord post from Naos on 3-20-18

Do you think he was working on this 925 change back then and was looking for ways to test it via Lich scripts?
    He was probably asking so he could try and find a way to Lich proof his super secret secret formula.

Naos probably still uses PsiNet despite it being dead.
    Last edited by Methais; 05-09-2019 at 02:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Naos
    I have a bit of a correction to post regarding the original release announcement.

>> Each cast generates a sort of magical static which clings to the caster; being well trained in Elemental Mana Control helps a Wizard gather more static.

This statement was not accurate and should read: "Each cast generates a sort of magical static which clings to the caster depending on the relative difficulty of the target compared to the caster."

The following statement was accurate, but now includes the role of Elemental Mana Control in essence gain: "On a mana pulse, a portion of that static is absorbed as essence for enchanting; being well trained in Elemental Mana Control will increase the amount of static converted into essence and being well trained in Harness Power and Elemental Lore: Water increases the maximum amount of essence that can be absorbed this way per pulse."

Apologies for the confusion this error has caused.

--
    Naos
    http://forums.play.net/forums/GemSto...izard/view/918