Page 27 of 29 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 LastLast

Thread: Spring spectacular: 925?

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by gsplayer413 View Post
    I know this whole thing is not exactly clear yet but I've got a question along the same lines as Askip.

If SENSE says I can do a +28 enchant then.. could I take my +25 to +26, then to +27, then to +28? Or is it only enough juice to go from +27 to +28?

Its only enough juice to go from +27 to +28.

2. Default

Thanks Tgo01.

Well, then I'll throw my dislike of this change in as well then because it's been a fucking joke to get just to +28. Average 3-5 minutes hunts are now 10-15 before I'm tapped on mana.

Whatever tweaks they do, whoever OK'd rolling this out this way should be fucking fired.

Quote Originally Posted by gsplayer413 View Post
    I know this whole thing is not exactly clear yet but I've got a question along the same lines as Askip.

If SENSE says I can do a +28 enchant then.. could I take my +25 to +26, then to +27, then to +28? Or is it only enough juice to go from +27 to +28?
    A SENSE read of +28 corresponds to an accumulated essence within the range 9,600 to 11,999. A +27 to +28 enchant costs 9,600 essence, leaving a remaining balance of less than 2,400 essence. If you do another SENSE after completing the enchant you should get some idea of how much essence remains.

With a reading of +28 the amount of accumulated essence is 9600 to 11,999.

A +25 to +26 enchant cost: 4,800
    A +26 to +27 enchant cost: 7,200
    A +27 to +28 enchant cost: 9,600

Total cost for the three enchants: 21,600 essence

Mark
    Last edited by Riltus; 05-10-2019 at 01:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Askip View Post
    One thing I still have a question on, if I do a +31 cast on a current +30 item does that zero out my essence?
    I had enough for +26 the other day and it dropped to +21 after I took my armor from +25 to +26. I thought it was going to drop to 0 also, but it didn't.
    Last edited by Methais; 05-10-2019 at 01:28 PM.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

I actually like the new system. Faster and easier. Just requires lots of hunting.
    My current items for sale or trade: Treasures in the Brambles.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    I had enough for +26 the other day and it dropped to +21 after I took my armor from +25 to +26. I thought it was going to drop to 0 also, but it didn't.
    Cause you had 2000 over your 4800 (6800). When casting, it dropped to 2000, therefore +21
    Ardwen the submitive: [LNet]-GSIV:Ardwen: "not like I was given a choice to opt out of bro mode, bro"

Quote Originally Posted by BriarFox View Post
    I actually like the new system. Faster and easier. Just requires lots of hunting.
    Saving up energy ahead of time then instant casting enchant is awesome. Ever since ensorcell came out I've wanted them to do something similar with enchanting.

But yeah the way they have essence generation right now is just dumb. My sorc has no problem maxing out his energy every week. My wizard would have a lot of trouble maxing his his energy every week.

It's also not even just the energy generation either, it's the total energy required per enchant.

Sure +1 to +25 might not be too bad. But it will take 4 weeks just to do a +49 to +50. Something like, what, 6-12+ months to take an item from +40 to +50. And that's assuming someone is maxing out their energy every week, which is a lot to do at the moment.

I'm not even sure that's faster than the old system. Is it?

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    Saving up energy ahead of time then instant casting enchant is awesome. Ever since ensorcell came out I've wanted them to do something similar with enchanting.

But yeah the way they have essence generation right now is just dumb. My sorc has no problem maxing out his energy every week. My wizard would have a lot of trouble maxing his his energy every week.

It's also not even just the energy generation either, it's the total energy required per enchant.

Sure +1 to +25 might not be too bad. But it will take 4 weeks just to do a +49 to +50. Something like, what, 6-12+ months to take an item from +40 to +50. And that's assuming someone is maxing out their energy every week, which is a lot to do at the moment.

I'm not even sure that's faster than the old system. Is it?
    5x (1 week vs 4), 6x (3 weeks vs 7), and 7x (7 weeks vs 14) are much faster now, and those are the ones most people should care about. 7x-10x used to take about 41 weeks and now it takes about 43, so that’s comparable. I’d say it’s faster by far overall if you can max energy each week. If you only get 50% energy, it’s faster or roughly comparable up to 7x. I also like that it got rid of enchants taking longer based on current projects. I think it’s a win, but I don’t blame people for being mad it’s killing pocket mages.
    Last edited by BriarFox; 05-10-2019 at 01:58 PM.

And, actually, that doesn’t even consider that you can have multiple mages doing a project now, like with ensorcell. If you really need that 10x enchant, you could have it done in a day.
    Last edited by BriarFox; 05-10-2019 at 01:59 PM.

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by BriarFox View Post
    5x (1 week vs 4), 6x (3 weeks vs 7), and 7x (7 weeks vs 14) are much faster now, and those are the ones most people should care about. 7x-10x used to take about 41 weeks and now it takes about 43, so that’s comparable. I’d say it’s faster by far overall if you can max energy each week. If you only get 50% energy, it’s faster or roughly comparable up to 7x. I also like that it got rid of enchants taking longer based on current projects. I think it’s a win, but I don’t blame people for being mad it’s killing pocket mages.
    At a quick glance, I think the times you posted above for the old system are not taking potions infused with mana into account. I assume that people that are having no trouble reaching the weekly essence max in the new system were able to generate a fair amount of mana to infuse into potions under the old system, but this could be untrue. I still think you are correct that up to 7x is faster in the new system, but I don't think the gaps in favor of the new system are as big as you posted. On top of that, I think you could do 8x - 10x in far less than 41 weeks when taking infused potions into account under the old system. So I think that is a bigger gap in favor of the old system than you posted for 8x - 10x.

I'm not as convinced that this is a win for most people, but I am reserving final judgement until we see where this ultimately lands. I think the people that are all in on this change right now are the power hunters and scripters that have had no problem maxing essence gain. I have actively hunted my wizard since this came out to the tune of roughly 25K base experience, with all the correct skills maxed (lores may not be perfect, but I have something like 100 air/70 water/30 fire, give or take), and sit at around 6,000 essence.