Page 20 of 29 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Spring spectacular: 925?

Okay so I revamped the script and uploaded it as ;mana-tracking

From the script's description:

Keep track of how much mana you have spent for all of your 925 needs!

This script does all sorts of stuff!

It will keep track of how much mana you have spent on offensive spells since the last time you reset the stats.
    It will keep track of mana pulses and check to see if you have gained another enchantment level since the last check.
    It will keep track of how much mana you have spent on offensive spells since the last enchantment level.
    It will keep track of how many pulses since your the last enchantment level.

The script requires you to not use any custom spell prep messages so the script turns those off automatically. If you want them on afterwards be sure to turn them back on.

There are some limitations due to the way I track mana pulses:

Using Sign of Wracking is fine, however using any other society ability that gives mana will mess with the pulse tracking. So don't do it! This includes: Sigil of Concentration, Sigil of Power, and Symbol of Mana.
    Using mana leech and it gives you back exactly how much mana you gain on or off a node, or if the cast brings you up to 100% mana. This is up to you so watch it.
    If someone sends you mana and the send gives you back exactly how much mana you gain on or off a node, or if the mana received brings you up to 100% mana. Again up to you.

If you don't care about pulse tracking then you don't have to worry about using any mana boosting abilities.

To reset all stats to 0 start script as: ;mana-tracking reset

Script will keep track of all stats until reset, even if you kill the script or log off the game.
    I've decided to take a page out of Simu's handbook and am going to let you all test it for me to find any bugs. I did test the basics to make sure it all works but I might have missed something here and there, but the script should echo back to you the important things so if it doesn't then that's a problem. Let me know.

Also I know the pulse tracking isn't perfect but it's the best I could come up with. I could track experience pulses and wouldn't have to worry about mana, but then I figured what happens if there is a pulse but the ol' noggin is empty? Although maybe your static would be empty if the head was empty? I'm not sure. Let me know if you think the experience thing works better and I might update the script to make use of that instead and we wouldn't have all of these mana gaining problems.

So for example let's say when you started the script SENSE says you're able to do a +3 enchant. On every mana pulse the script does a SENSE to see if this has changed (ideally if it's higher, actually performing an enchant without resetting the stats is gonna mess with this part), so once it gets to +4 the script SHOULD (this is where your testing comes into play) tell you how many pulses it has been sense it first saw +3 via SENSE and how much mana you spent during those pulses. It will keep track of total mana spent until you reset the stats. All of these stats (pulses, current mana, total mana, etc) is all stored until you reset the stats, even if you logoff, so the only problem would be if you killed the script and a few pulses went by then you logged off and started the script again the next day. If you keep the script running until you logoff then the number of pulses and all of that should remain accurate.

The spell also casts 401 when you're at 100% mana so it can know when a mana pulse happened.

Oh yeah the script should work for all spell casting: prep the spell first then cast, using INCANT, etc. Making INCANT work means the "Sleep" spell won't be as accurate but it should still be good enough. When casting "Sleep" the script now calculates the mana cost based on your level rather than the level of the critter you are casting at.
    Last edited by Tgo01; 05-07-2019 at 10:05 PM.

Blog Entries

Very nice, TGo01.
    Vote for Gemstone Once a Day at The Mud Connection & Top Mud Sites

I decided to just go by experience pulses instead of mana pulses because it makes more sense I think.

Here is what I have so far when I tested it, going from +1 to +2:

Code:
    [mana-tracking: Total mana spent: 540]
    [mana-tracking: Current mana spent: 540]
    [mana-tracking: Number of pulses since last enchant update: 2]
    [mana-tracking: Mana spent since last enchant update: 540]
    [mana-tracking: Number of pulses since last enchant update: 2]
    [mana-tracking: Average mana per pulse: 270]
    I ran into a snag though and currently fixing it before I reupload the script.

Well this is interesting, not sure how it happened:

Code:
    [mana-tracking: Total mana spent: 375]
    [mana-tracking: Current mana spent: 375]
    [mana-tracking: Number of pulses since last enchant update: 1]
    [mana-tracking: Enchant has been updated!]
    [mana-tracking: Skills: EMC: 202, Air: 50, Earth: 50, Fire: 100, 0]
    [mana-tracking: Starting enchant since last reset: 3]
    [mana-tracking: Going from +3 to +5]
    [mana-tracking: Mana spent since last enchant update: 375]
    [mana-tracking: Average mana per pulse: 375]
    I get I was probably already close to +4 when I started the script, but I went from +3 to +5 in one pulse of 375 mana. Gonna do more testing then upload this bad boy to the repo.
    Last edited by Tgo01; 05-07-2019 at 11:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    Well this is interesting, not sure how it happened:

Code:
    [mana-tracking: Total mana spent: 375]
    [mana-tracking: Current mana spent: 375]
    [mana-tracking: Enchant has been updated!]
    [mana-tracking: Skills: EMC: 202, Air: 50, Earth: 50, Fire: 100, 0]
    [mana-tracking: Starting enchant since last reset: 3]
    [mana-tracking: Going from +3 to +5]
    [mana-tracking: Mana spent since last enchant update: 375]
    [mana-tracking: Average mana per pulse: 375]
    I get I was probably already close to +4 when I started the script, but I went from +3 to +5 in one pulse of 375 mana. Gonna do more testing then upload this bad boy to the repo.
    If you are 2x hp+ HP, looks like 0 water? I imagine even with just 300ish HP bonus you can absorb a good chunk. Every time I dump ma load I go up 200+
    Mithrilschlong, 2015-03-10 to slightly later on 2015-03-10. You will not be forgotten!
    usable Meteor Swarm, late 2020-12-30 to early 2020-12-31. You will also not be forgotten!

Quote Originally Posted by Donquix View Post
    If you are 2x hp+ HP, looks like 0 water? I imagine even with just 300ish HP bonus you can absorb a good chunk. Every time I dump ma load I go up 200+
    Yeah 256 HP and 0 water lore. I guess I wasn't expecting to get energy as fast as I was. Of course once I get to 25+ enchants it's going to slow down a lot.

Code:
    [companion-mana-tracking: ##############################]
    [companion-mana-tracking: Enchant has been updated!]
    [companion-mana-tracking: Skills: EMC: 202, Air: 50, Earth: 50, Fire: 100, Water: 0]
    [companion-mana-tracking: Starting enchant since last reset: 24]
    [companion-mana-tracking: Going from +24 to +25]
    [companion-mana-tracking: Mana spent since last enchant update: 780]
    [companion-mana-tracking: Number of pulses since last enchant update: 1]
    [companion-mana-tracking: Average mana per pulse: 780]
    Okay so I think the script is looking pretty good.

The script is on the repo as ;mana-tracking

YOU MUST ALSO DOWNLOAD ;companion-mana-tracking FOR ;mana-tracking TO WORK PROPERLY.

THERE IS NO NEED TO START ;companion-mana-tracking BECAUSE ;mana-tracking WILL START IT AUTOMATICALLY.

THERE IS ALSO NO NEED TO STOP ;companion-mana-tracking BECAUSE ;mana-tracking WILL STOP IT AUTOMATICALLY.

THERE IS ALSO NO NEED TO RESET STATS ON ;companion-mana-tracking BECAUSE RESETTING STATS ON ;mana-tracking WILL AUTOMATICALLY RESET STATS ON ;companion mana-tracking

So basically you just need to download ;companion-mana-tracking then ;mana-tracking will handle the rest.

Sorry for the caps, just want to make sure everyone sees it. I really hate doing two scripts like this but it was the easiest way I could think of to get everything working all nicely and pretty. And it's working pretty well from what I've tested of it.

What I might add tomorrow is for the script to not count pulses if you haven't cast an offensive spell since the last pulse. That way you can leave the script running and it will only count pulses when you have actually cast a spell recently.

But other than that I think it's pretty gosh darn good.

Oh yeah I went ahead and made it so the script compares experience differences to determine a pulse instead of mana, so now you don’t have to worry about using mana leach, society abilities, receiving mana from other people, etc.
    Last edited by Tgo01; 05-08-2019 at 02:22 AM.

Nice, I'll give this a shot later today. Thanks for making it.

Hopefully they end up going back to the exp absorb situation with lores tweaking it or something.
    Last edited by AnOrdim; 05-08-2019 at 07:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    info about ;mana-tracking and such
    Neat script, nice work on it.

I find it more depressing to use it than not to use it. Now I'm constantly reminded after each cast of how much mana I've spent and how painfully slow I am earning the next +1 to my enchant prowess.

6 hunts down (over 6000 mana used) and I just hit the message that I can now enchant something to +7.

I appreciate the hard work on it and hopefully it can be something I can get myself to use if they actually fix how slow of a trickle this whole system is.

Quote Originally Posted by Donquix View Post
    Look man, when i'm out there just spreading my mana seed over everything in sight I get bored, ok?
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible