Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Official: Spring Spectacular - SAFEDROP and NOMARKEDDROP flags

Default Official: Spring Spectacular - SAFEDROP and NOMARKEDDROP flags

Stop putting your dumb stuff in someone else's dumb backpack in TSC.

http://forums.play.net/forums/GemSto...ents/view/3365
    Mithrilschlong, 2015-03-10 to slightly later on 2015-03-10. You will not be forgotten!
    usable Meteor Swarm, late 2020-12-30 to early 2020-12-31. You will also not be forgotten!

Quote Originally Posted by Naos
    Two new player FLAGS have been added to help you keep items from unintentionally leaving your hands or inventory. Both flags are implemented as a part of the PUT/DROP/PLACE verbs and do NOT constitute any guarantee that your inventory items are perfectly safe.

The SaferDrop flag, if enabled, will prompt you to confirm that you really want to move an item out of your hands or inventory and to the room or any containers that are ultimately a part of the room via the PUR/DROP/PLACE verbs.

The NoMarkedDrop flag, if enabled, will prevent items marked as unsellable (see MARK verb) from being moved out of your hands or inventory and to the room or any containers that are ultimately a part of the room via the PUT/DROP/PLACE verbs.

These features should also function for drag and drop functionality in StormFront.

Again, these flags are tools to help you avoid unintentionally moving items out of your inventory or hands, but mechanics can and will do this and there is no guarantee that having these flags set will keep you one hundred percent safe.

Please GET and DROP responsibly.

--

Here are some samples to illustrate these new flags in action!

>set saferdrop on
    You will be prompted to confirm any PUT, DROP, or PLACE command that would move an item out of your inventory.
    >
    You remove a faded scroll from in your clearly stolen bag.
    You are about to move a faded scroll out of your inventory and into the room. If you are sure this is what you want, repeat the command in the next 10 seconds.
    [You can disable this feature by using the SET SAFERDROP OFF command at any time.]
    >
    Roundtime: 12 sec.
    >drop scroll
    You are about to move a faded scroll out of your inventory and into the room. If you are sure this is what you want, repeat the command in the next 10 seconds.
    [You can disable this feature by using the SET SAFERDROP OFF command at any time.]
    >drop scroll
    You drop a faded scroll.

>mark scroll
    You carefully mark your faded scroll as unsellable.
    >set nomarkeddrop on
    You will be prevented from using PUT, DROP, or PLACE to move an item with your MARK out of your inventory.
    >drop scroll
    You notice that the faded scroll is marked as unsellable and stop yourself.
    [You can disable this feature by using the SET NOMARKEDDROP OFF command at any time.]

--
    Naos

This message was originally posted in General GemStone IV Discussion, Game Systems. To discuss the above, follow the link below.

http://forums.play.net/forums/19/325/3352/view/259
    Don't get why there's RT in that clip. Just tried it and there was no RT.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    Don't get why there's RT in that clip. Just tried it and there was no RT.
    Shit. Wizards have no RT again. NERF HASTE AGAIN

Yeah noticed that too, assumed just a bad copy pasta or weird gm stuff or something going on. no roundtime for either saferdrop or nomarked drop.
    Mithrilschlong, 2015-03-10 to slightly later on 2015-03-10. You will not be forgotten!
    usable Meteor Swarm, late 2020-12-30 to early 2020-12-31. You will also not be forgotten!

5. Default

They probably wrote it up with RT in it and at some point towards the end of development decided it wasn't necessary. Probably copy pasted how it worked in "beta". Or, y'know, it's supposed to have RT and they just implemented it wrong between test and live. I'm not sure which I feel is more likely.
    Last edited by Stumplicker; 05-03-2019 at 11:33 AM.

They are just testing the new haste which adds rt to all actions

Blog Entries

The SaferDrop flag, if enabled, will prompt you to confirm that you really want to move an item out of your hands or inventory and to the room or any containers that are ultimately a part of the room via the PUR/DROP/PLACE verbs.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

meow

They finally implemented the ruby script I created a couple of years ago that basically does this.

The RT is to show that more than 10 seconds passed, so the confirmation request pops up again. The second example shows that no time passed so the item is dropped when you resend the command.