Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Official: Spring Spectacular - i dunno, some new shit with speech for you RP nerds

Quote Originally Posted by Stumplicker View Post
    No, I'd imagine not. If those are a code based thing rather than an OLC, it's probably as simple as adding/changing a C data table entry. Maybe even an XML file. No harder than opening and saving a spreadsheet.
    Just because something is in an abstraction layer doesn't mean it is any less of a pain in the ass to work with or isn't "code". That's like saying C isn't code because it is just a means to compile assembly / machine. If their scripting / configuration / whatever the fuck you want to call it layer is a bunch of gobbledeegook, it can still be a confusing, potentially dangerous to fuck with, piece of shit. I imagine messing with something so core to the game like say, versus making some random ass scripted item like 10 people will buy, makes the barrier of entry a bit higher also.

Naos can be kind of a dick and dumb about some design things (looking at you, attunment) but he's definitely competent on the tech side. If he says something is a bag of dicks, I tend to take his word for it.
    Mithrilschlong, 2015-03-10 to slightly later on 2015-03-10. You will not be forgotten!
    usable Meteor Swarm, late 2020-12-30 to early 2020-12-31. You will also not be forgotten!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Donquix View Post
    Just because something is in an abstraction layer doesn't mean it is any less of a pain in the ass to work with or isn't "code". That's like saying C isn't code because it is just a means to compile assembly / machine. If their scripting / configuration / whatever the fuck you want to call it layer is a bunch of gobbledeegook, it can still be a confusing, potentially dangerous to fuck with, piece of shit. I imagine messing with something so core to the game like say, versus making some random ass scripted item like 10 people will buy, makes the barrier of entry a bit higher also.

Naos can be kind of a dick and dumb about some design things (looking at you, attunment) but he's definitely competent on the tech side. If he says something is a bag of dicks, I tend to take his word for it.
    I think he is just being a drama queen. LIKE I SAID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! they used to add new tones and verbs constantly.

That is why there are this many

https://gswiki.play.net/Tones_by_Tone
    Last edited by Gelston; 05-03-2019 at 01:43 PM.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    I think he is just being a drama queen. LIKE I SAID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! they used to add new tones and verbs constantly.

That is why there are this many

https://gswiki.play.net/Tones_by_Tone
    If, at the time, there was someone on staff who was already familiar with the system and adding to it, clearly they could just tack on some more stuff. If that person is gone, and Ixix had to learn it, that doesn't make those two things mutually exclusive. I'm sure if you tossed Ixix a suggestion today and they liked it, they could add it quick also. But i'm sure the new tones will also somehow be related to mini bosses, and you'll have to SAY things at the bosses in certain tones to make them drop their immunities so you kill it, so i dunno...maybe just don't engage ixix.
    Mithrilschlong, 2015-03-10 to slightly later on 2015-03-10. You will not be forgotten!
    usable Meteor Swarm, late 2020-12-30 to early 2020-12-31. You will also not be forgotten!

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    Don't put it past a GM to be a drama queen though.
    This is correct.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Donquix View Post
    If, at the time, there was someone on staff who was already familiar with the system and adding to it, clearly they could just tack on some more stuff. If that person is gone, and Ixix had to learn it, that doesn't make those two things mutually exclusive. I'm sure if you tossed Ixix a suggestion today and they liked it, they could add it quick also. But i'm sure the new tones will also somehow be related to mini bosses, and you'll have to SAY things at the bosses in certain tones to make them drop their immunities so you kill it, so i dunno...maybe just don't engage ixix.
    That would be the gayest thing ever, but still wouldn't require an additional change when adding new tones or verbs, unless you wanted them to also effect said boss
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    Yes but they're all gay and vegan.
    Methais smiles as he eats his Beyond Meat burger and sharts.

Quote Originally Posted by Fortybox View Post
    Methais smiles as he eats his Beyond Meat burger and sharts.
    I'm confused. Am I eating a burger with sharts on the side instead of fries? Or did I shart after I ate the burger?
    Last edited by Methais; 05-03-2019 at 07:18 PM.
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.

I'm confused. Am I eating a burger with sharts on the side instead of fries? Or did I shart after I ate the burger?
    Ask GM Ixix. I'm sure the answer will be:

Quote Originally Posted by Fortybox View Post
    Ask GM Ixix. I'm sure the answer will be:

Ixixharts

Ixixharts