Quote Originally Posted by Stumplicker View Post
No, I'd imagine not. If those are a code based thing rather than an OLC, it's probably as simple as adding/changing a C data table entry. Maybe even an XML file. No harder than opening and saving a spreadsheet.
Just because something is in an abstraction layer doesn't mean it is any less of a pain in the ass to work with or isn't "code". That's like saying C isn't code because it is just a means to compile assembly / machine. If their scripting / configuration / whatever the fuck you want to call it layer is a bunch of gobbledeegook, it can still be a confusing, potentially dangerous to fuck with, piece of shit. I imagine messing with something so core to the game like say, versus making some random ass scripted item like 10 people will buy, makes the barrier of entry a bit higher also.

Naos can be kind of a dick and dumb about some design things (looking at you, attunment) but he's definitely competent on the tech side. If he says something is a bag of dicks, I tend to take his word for it.