Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Official: Spring Spectacular: New Condemn (309) Spell

Default Official: Spring Spectacular: New Condemn (309) Spell

Condemn (309) has been released as a new attack spell for clerics with deity specific messaging. When cast, it will subject the target to a maneuver roll (SMRv2) that uses the caster's Cleric spell and Spell Aiming ranks. If successful, the target will take concussion and deity specific critical damage. The damage will repeat every 2 seconds for a total of 5 rounds. Each time a target takes damage, they also receive a debuff that lowers its DS by 5 and TD 3, stacking up to a maximum of -25/-15, which persists for 15 seconds after the last round.

If a target is killed while under the effects of Condemn, the cleric will build up holy magic to be able to cast an empowered version of 309. Evoking the spell will cast the empowered version and causes all Damage over Time (DoT) rounds of the spell to immediately trigger. It takes 10 kills (of targets under the effect of the spell) to earn 1 charge. Training in Spiritual Lore: Religion reduces the number of kills needed by -1 per 50 skill. A cleric may only store 1 charge of holy magic for an empowered Condemn by default, but training in Spiritual Lore: Blessings increases that by +1 per seed 10 summation. You may view the number of stored charges with the SPELL verb.

Neutralize Curse has moved to the Arcane circle in spell slot 1716, and is available on scrolls and arcane trinkets that can be found in the treasure system. Clerics may also evoke Remove Curse (315) to cast the old Neutralize Curse. For the next 30 days, any magic item or scroll with 309 will automatically convert to 1716 when used.

Bless (304) may now be used to open the Graveyard gate near Wehnimer's Landing.

GameMaster Estild

This message was originally posted in Professions, Cleric. To discuss the above, follow the link below.

http://forums.play.net/forums/19/330/3382/view/496

Blog Entries

Ha! Spell aim! Train in it, nurds!

You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

This.... sounds cool? I don't have a cleric so IDK but the description makes it sound solid, depending how hard it hits. You can't expect 917 type brutality out of a 9 mana spell but hopefully it's good.

If the spell just does low damage hits it should also stack them, unlike 917 which just refreshes and can be cast in defensive. We shall see.

Last edited by Askip; 04-29-2019 at 11:41 AM.
    "You're well beyond training for a reason."...Gelston

>incant 309
    You chant a reverent litany, clasping your hands while focusing upon the Condemn spell...
    Your spell is ready.
    You gesture at a giant brown rat.

[SMR result: 158 (Open d100: 84)]
    Dusky half-light envelops a giant brown rat in a rippling, nebulous haze.
    A sudden flare of coruscating energy within the haze sears the brown rat for 22 points of damage!
    ... 25 points of damage!
    Searing strike to back causes the brown rat to grunt in pain.
    Cast Roundtime 3 Seconds.
    [-5 DS/-3 TD]
    >
    [2 seconds later...]
    A sudden flare of coruscating energy within the haze sears the brown rat for 26 points of damage!
    ... 20 points of damage!
    Insignificant burns to the brown rat's neck.
    [-10 DS/-6 TD]
    >
    [4 seconds later...]
    A sudden flare of coruscating energy within the haze sears the brown rat for 18 points of damage!
    ... 25 points of damage!
    Pinpoint strike sears the brown rat's chest.
    [-15 DS/-9 TD]
    >
    [6 seconds later...]
    A sudden flare of coruscating energy within the haze sears the brown rat for 25 points of damage!
    ... 25 points of damage!
    Pinpoint strike sears the brown rat's chest.
    [-20 DS/-12 TD]
    >
    [8 seconds later...]
    A sudden flare of coruscating energy within the haze sears the brown rat for 23 points of damage!
    ... 25 points of damage!
    Stinging burn to the brown rat's hand.
    [-25 DS/-15 TD]
    >
    [15 seconds later...]
    The nebulous haze fades away from a giant brown rat.

GameMaster Estild
    He should have posted the charged version that front loads all the damage too.

Based on just that clip, it looks like something people will have fun with for like 5 minutes and then realize that they're killing 10x slower and then never use it again.

Estild seems to think plinking everything to death is the fun way to hunt.
    Last edited by Methais; 04-29-2019 at 12:25 PM.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Does this mean voln bless can open the GY gate now, that would be helpful.
    W3 4R3 4N0NYM0U5.
    W3 4R3 L3610N.
    W3 D0 N07 F0R61V3.
    W3 D0 N07 F0R637.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by n0551n3n0m1n3 View Post
    It'd be hilarious if the forgot to transfer gate opening functionality to a new spell.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Quote Originally Posted by n0551n3n0m1n3 View Post
    A wave of power flows outward from you towards a massive bronze gate.
    A soft white glow surrounds the bronze gate.

Nope

Put this in the 'things that won't get used much because there's better alternatives' folder.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    It'd be hilarious if the forgot to transfer gate opening functionality to a new spell.
    I cast PUSH.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.