Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Official: Spring Spectacular: New Condemn (309) Spell

Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post
    I cast PUSH.
    When you worship Voln:

at cap i think I would only use it to keep a charge around for a grizzled or something

but for leveling, i think this is pretty nice. with 320 it costs what...like 7 mana or less, helps your sustain for other spells, and basically makes up for the CS loss you'd get for training spell aim to begin with. And it was doing fine damage for me with no spell aim, as is, around level 45. I can imagine the usefulness going down substantially as the overtraining CS growth really sets in. But I think this is a really nice option in the mid levels, and some situational extra oomph at cap.
    Mithrilschlong, 2015-03-10 to slightly later on 2015-03-10. You will not be forgotten!
    usable Meteor Swarm, late 2020-12-30 to early 2020-12-31. You will also not be forgotten!

Yeah. 320 kind of changed how the GMs view cleric hunting. They seem to want you cycling various spells, and with 320, I see how 309 slots in nicely for some plinking while you cast other stuff (at a reduced mana cost from 320).

Quote Originally Posted by audioserf View Post
    Yeah. 320 kind of changed how the GMs view cleric hunting. They seem to want you cycling various spells, and with 320, I see how 309 slots in nicely for some plinking while you cast other stuff (at a reduced mana cost from 320).
    I don't even know how clerics hunt anymore or what 320 does. What do they typically do now? The rare times I take mine out hunting I just cast 317 and stuff dies.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Ivas clerics just got a good opener as it should hit the target with a grapple crit.

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    I don't even know how clerics hunt anymore or what 320 does. What do they typically do now? The rare times I take mine out hunting I just cast 317 and stuff dies.
    320 is basically a MEH spell aim reliant maneuver ability, but it reduces the cost of all your other spells for X amount of time in addition to the attack (you can also just self-cast it, if you don't want to bother attacking things)

it redcues mana cost of your subsequent spells while the ability is active, and regens it's own mana cost over the duration. so it's basically free, and reduces cost of other spells. the reduction increases by X% if you cast different spells. so you can just spam 317 or 302 and get the "base" reduction, but if you did say 302 -> 306 -> 309 -> 317 it would get a lot more rdux for say 317
    Mithrilschlong, 2015-03-10 to slightly later on 2015-03-10. You will not be forgotten!
    usable Meteor Swarm, late 2020-12-30 to early 2020-12-31. You will also not be forgotten!

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    He should have posted the charged version that front loads all the damage too.

Based on just that clip, it looks like something people will have fun with for like 5 minutes and then realize that they're killing 10x slower and then never use it again.

Estild seems to think plinking everything to death is the fun way to hunt.
    Still no monk updates.

What a dumb spell. The last thing anyone wants is a spell that takes forever to kill something. Meanwhile on my sorcerer and bard...

You weave another verse into your harmony, directing the sound of your voice at a siren.
    CS: +452 - TD: +350 + CvA: +20 + d100: +3 == +125
    Warding failed!
    A siren reels under the force of the sonic vibrations!
    Sound waves disrupt for 51 damage!
    ... 70 points of damage!
    Heart explodes rupturing the siren's chest.
    The siren gives a plaintive wail before she slumps to her side and dies.
    The brilliant luminescence fades from around a siren.

You gesture at a triton executioner.
    You stare at a triton executioner.
    CS: +527 - TD: +384 + CvA: +20 + d100: +55 == +218
    Warding failed!
    The triton executioner looks at you in utter terror!
    The triton executioner drops its sharply tapered longsword.
    The triton executioner drops its black steel buckler.
    The triton executioner lets out a blood curdling scream!
    The triton executioner collapses, gurgling once with a wrathful look on his face before expiring.
    Cast Roundtime 3 Seconds.

Sounds like the changes are a big *shrug* for mid-higher level Clerics?

I can say that for the first time in a long time, with 320/309/306/302, hunting with my late-20s level Cleric is actually somewhat interesting, and I can reliably fry before I run out of mana(which had become a problem/annoying trying to do).

Same with mine, i think these are great changes, especially combined with 320, to help the 302 spam slog in the mid levels. They still seem like great tools to have situationaly at cap if you have tougher to ward targets. Though I understand how the has-maxed-cs-and-maxed-240 crowd aren't exactly thrilled. Hopefully anything else they have planned, which includes some kind of change to 350, does something for that WOW factor at cap.

Quote Originally Posted by Donquix View Post
    Hopefully anything else they have planned, which includes some kind of change to 350, does something for that WOW factor at cap.
    Try not to get your hopes up. Everything Estild puts out is meh at best if not complete trash, then it's back to work on P2W stuff.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible