Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Official - Spring Spectacular: ObviousHiding flag

It's a cool idea but it really should be a separate line of text apart from the room description.

Like:
    You are in the middle of TC, blah blah blah.
    Obvious exists: North, South
    There are obvious signs of someone hidden in the area.

Being part of the room description just makes it blend it with the rest of the text. Someone could add it to their highlight strings so it's a different color and stands out, but I don't wanna!

Also the fact that it goes away if room descriptions are off is bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    It's a cool idea but it really should be a separate line of text apart from the room description.

Like:
    You are in the middle of TC, blah blah blah.
    Obvious exists: North, South
    There are obvious signs of someone hidden in the area.

Being part of the room description just makes it blend it with the rest of the text. Someone could add it to their highlight strings so it's a different color and stands out, but I don't wanna!

Also the fact that it goes away if room descriptions are off is bad.
    Exactly my line of thoughts, and it does look like Ixix is looking into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Haxus
    Re: Spring Spectacular: Obvious Hiding flag on 04/28/2019 01:51 PM PDT

>Pretty awesome QoL improvement! The messaging ("There are obvious signs of someone hidden in the area.", for those who are interested in it) is tacked on to the end of the RoomDescription field, which is both good and not-so-good... is there any chance at all that it could be in a different field, since the RoomDesc field can be turned off by a flag?

This same thing is being asked for on the Official Discord, and GM Ixix has responded there saying essentially: There probably isn't a quick fix he's going to implement, but he's looking into it.
    ~ Just another Crazy Cat Lady, living the life. ~
    ~ Player of Cylnthia Kythnis Ardenai, and plenty of others. ~
    ~ Have something to say to me? Tell me anonymously! ~

Blog Entries

Breaking: Floating Disk sales drop by 90%.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    This is a really nice QoL update for hiding without a disk but i agree, it really should be added outside the room description.

A for effort, it's something i've seen suggested a bunch for years, just some way for rogues to make their presence known in the absence of a disk. Didn't stick the landing though.

The weird XML tagging thing only affecting lich not being caught is, you know...whatever. But the room desc thing is like...one of those things where whenever a change goes in and they talk about how it takes forever for QA and stuff i'm like uh....that would have been like, thing #3 or something I would have checked.
    Mithrilschlong, 2015-03-10 to slightly later on 2015-03-10. You will not be forgotten!

just rub a black crystal if you are that guy that likes to hide

better change would have been to make black crystals chargable... i'd hand them out for free
    Last edited by adred; 04-28-2019 at 07:48 PM.
    adred#0111 (discord)

If it's obvious someone is hiding...then they aren't hiding.

Oh, and yet another update where monks get no love.
    Last edited by Fortybox; 04-28-2019 at 08:27 PM.

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by adred View Post
    Last I checked (admittedly this was several months ago) there were still a few scripters running scripts that do not check for a disk in the room. I gave up getting annoyed over the matter and now hunt in an area that seems to have very few scripters.

If it were up to me I would take a more aggressive approach, but GMs tend to frown over limbs being repeatedly removed. Oh well.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Candor View Post
    Last I checked (admittedly this was several months ago) there were still a few scripters running scripts that do not check for a disk in the room. I gave up getting annoyed over the matter and now hunt in an area that seems to have very few scripters.

If it were up to me I would take a more aggressive approach, but GMs tend to frown over limbs being repeatedly removed. Oh well.
    You should just become a scripter instead.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Quote Originally Posted by adred View Post
    www.twitch.tv/3piecesofbread
    Quote Originally Posted by Back
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman.

Quote Originally Posted by Androidpk View Post
    And feel free to get me banned, not going to stop my lawyer from sending Kranar a subpoena for IP information on a couple of people.