Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Official - Spring Spectacular: ObviousHiding flag

Default Official - Spring Spectacular: ObviousHiding flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ixix
    Spring Spectacular: Obvious Hiding flag on 04/28/2019 09:37 AM PDT

Hi everybody,

I've released a new flag, ObviousHiding. When at least 1 person who is hidden in the room has this flag turned on, it will be readily apparent to everybody else in the room by way of some extra text in the room description. The text is always the same and not dependent on perception or hiding or any other skill checks, and it has no effect on creatures sniffing you out or anything like that.

Ixix

This message was originally posted in General GemStone IV Discussion, Game Systems. To discuss the above, follow the link below.

http://forums.play.net/forums/19/325/3352/view/243
    ~Crazy Cat Lady, Player of Cylnthia~

Okay, I like this one.

i dont, but at least it's a flag, and can be toggled though. i think?

Quote Originally Posted by Roiken View Post
    i dont, but at least it's a flag, and can be toggled though. i think?
    Yup, it's a flag which can be toggled.... by the one hiding.

If someone can provide the string we can work on updating the major hunting scripts.

Quote Originally Posted by Alastir View Post
    If someone can provide the string we can work on updating the major hunting scripts.
    'There are obvious signs of someone hidden in the area.' is what you should be looking for, according to my quick test, which is in the Room Description, so if you happen to have the RoomDescription flag set to 'off', you won't see that message.
    Last edited by mgoddess; 04-28-2019 at 04:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mgoddess View Post
    'There are obvious signs of someone hidden in the area.' is what you should be looking for, according to my quick test, which is in the Room Description, so if you happen to have the RoomDescription flag set to 'off', you won't see that message.
    I will do some testing and post some logs
    adred0111 (discord)

[Upper Dragonsclaw, Slopes - 3772]
    The western rim of the boulder is here. There are obvious signs of someone hidden in the area. You also see a hobgoblin and a newly-cut path.
    Obvious paths: northeast, southeast
    >
    The glowing specks of energy surrounding you intensify!
    A hobgoblin thrusts with a rapier at you!
    AS: +61 vs DS: +426 with AvD: +39 + d100 roll: +1 = -325
    A clean miss.
    >set roombrief off
    You will now see full length room descriptions.
    >
    A hobgoblin searches around nervously.
    >ne
    [Upper Dragonsclaw, Slopes - 3771]
    A towering boulder stands in the middle of the path, blocking it to the south, where it splits into two forks around the southeastern and southwestern sides of the rock. To the north, the slope descends slightly, leading you back towards the forests of the lowlands. You also see a rotting tree stump.
    Obvious paths: north, southeast, southwest
    >sw
    [Upper Dragonsclaw, Slopes - 3772]
    The western rim of the boulder casts a long shadow, causing you to sense a fleeting chill. The cool mountain breeze and the elevation reinforce that feeling, but it soon passes as you linger to admire the breathtaking scenery here. There are obvious signs of someone hidden in the area. You also see a hobgoblin and a newly-cut path.
    Obvious paths: northeast, southeast
    adred0111 (discord)

A hobgoblin searches around nervously.
    >
    xxx just arrived.
    >
    xxx traces a sign that contorts in the air while he forcefully incants a dark invocation...
    >
    xxx channels at a hobgoblin.
    Warding failed!
    Target staggered by strong strike for 28 points of damage!
    ... 15 points of damage!
    The hobgoblin's neck snapped violently by spasming muscles.
    The hobgoblin is stunned!

this guy did not care that there was obvious signs of someone hidden in the area
    adred0111 (discord)

It's not parsed correctly in bigshot, the way the XML tags are formatted it doesn't get fed into the room data as it stands by Lich at all. You could add a check for it but it can't just get bolted onto the existing disk check, for instance. Also if you have the room descriptions suppressed, it doesn't display at all (set roomdesc off). So lich itself needs an update, to make sure it gets populated into XMLData correctly, or bigshot needs an option added where you have to do a LOOK or something to check for it explicitly in the feed.

You can work around it with some shit now but it's wonky. Concerns were brought up to Ixix and they said they'd look at it but no guarantees.
    Last edited by Donquix; 04-28-2019 at 06:35 PM.
    Mithrilschlong, 2015-03-10 to slightly later on 2015-03-10. You will not be forgotten!
    usable Meteor Swarm, late 2020-12-30 to early 2020-12-31. You will also not be forgotten!