Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Eye of V'Tull Hunting

Default Eye of V'Tull Hunting

The Wizard is at the point of getting frequent Lava Golem bounties, and the critters on the flows(except for Pyrothags) are becoming more and more a low-exp nuisance, so I wander over to the Wiki to see what Lava Golems can do and..nothing. The entry is almost completely blank. I know they can hurl lava globs or something at you but that is about it.

Anyone have any advice for hunting the Eye with a Wizard? Golems/Elementals/Tsarks mostly. Fire Mages would wreck me, still, so they will be avoided.

Sorry I cannot offer Teras advice. now if you came to Illistim...

"You're well beyond training for a reason."...Gelston

Quote Originally Posted by Avaia View Post
    The Wizard is at the point of getting frequent Lava Golem bounties, and the critters on the flows(except for Pyrothags) are becoming more and more a low-exp nuisance, so I wander over to the Wiki to see what Lava Golems can do and..nothing. The entry is almost completely blank. I know they can hurl lava globs or something at you but that is about it.

Anyone have any advice for hunting the Eye with a Wizard? Golems/Elementals/Tsarks mostly. Fire Mages would wreck me, still, so they will be avoided.
    Lava golems were pretty annoying in GS3. I'd imagine they're not much different now. The glob will remove 430 and then set your armor on fire, they drop gems that injure your hand when you search like glacei, and don't crit either.

I ended up skipping all of that and going straight to fire mages, and I was way below their level. If you can handle the death stare thing, you should be able to wreck them pretty easily.
    Last edited by Methais; 04-30-2019 at 03:34 PM.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Lava Golems also injure you when searched, and will heat up weapons if you attack them directly. Fortunately for a wizard, they die super fast to 907. Don't think they can be e-waved or tremors, but if you are 1x+ in wizard, you might be able to 912 them. Also, they break out of 512 instantly.
    Last edited by Maerit; 04-30-2019 at 11:02 PM.

Thanks, folks, I will keep all that in mind. Not sure at 53 that skipping to Fire Mages is a good idea, but Golems certainly seem like the juice is not worth the squeeze.

Quote Originally Posted by Avaia View Post
    Thanks, folks, I will keep all that in mind. Not sure at 53 that skipping to Fire Mages is a good idea, but Golems certainly seem like the juice is not worth the squeeze.

I was hunting fire mages way above my head in GS3. Try it and see how it goes. Worst that can happen is you die. If you can handle the death stare, which should be easy with some crit padding, you'll fry in like 30 seconds.
    Last edited by Methais; 05-06-2019 at 08:50 AM.
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.

Fire mages die super easily, but at the same time they often come with 917 ready to cast before you even have time to take action in the room, and that will immediately end your hunt at level 53. I survived hunting fire mages on both my wizards by being in GoS with all the 520/GoS and personal armor padding I had to mitigate the constant 917 / death stare damage. Combine that with sigil of determination to be able to cast while injured, and it's doable. When I went back as a Voln wizard, it was constant trips to town and continuous death from 917.

Fire mages are immune to many disables, including stun, so you need to come equipped with something that can prevent them from casting.

The other option is to keep a stock of herbs at all times (expensive and heavy on Teras as they only sell Ale form) and bring your death stare injury down to a rank 1 scar after each fire mage kill.

If / when you do start hunting fire mages, here are some tactics that will help:

1. Killing while hidden or invisible will prevent death stare from landing.
    2. Allowing a summoned or animated creature / pet / weapon land the killing blow will mitigate death stare.
    3. Using an attack from another room (i.e. 718, 914, poison / DoT or cloud that doesn't dissipate when you move) to kill the fire mage will mitigate death stare.

My pure wizard tactic for fire mages was to 410, 917 (cold), then 916 if the first 917 attack didn't instantly kill the target.
    Last edited by Maerit; 05-06-2019 at 03:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maerit View Post
    Fire mages die super easily, but at the same time they often come with 917 ready to cast before you even have time to take action in the room, and that will immediately end your hunt at level 53. I survived hunting fire mages on both my wizards by being in GoS with all the 520/GoS and personal armor padding I had to mitigate the constant 917 / death stare damage. Combine that with sigil of determination to be able to cast while injured, and it's doable. When I went back as a Voln wizard, it was constant trips to town and continuous death from 917.

Fire mages are immune to many disables, including stun, so you need to come equipped with something that can prevent them from casting.

The other option is to keep a stock of herbs at all times (expensive and heavy on Teras as they only sell Ale form) and bring your death stare injury down to a rank 1 scar after each fire mage kill.

If / when you do start hunting fire mages, here are some tactics that will help:

1. Killing while hidden or invisible will prevent death stare from landing.
    2. Allowing a summoned or animated creature / pet / weapon land the killing blow will mitigate death stare.
    3. Using an attack from another room (i.e. 718, 914, poison / DoT or cloud that doesn't dissipate when you move) to kill the fire mage will mitigate death stare.

My pure wizard tactic for fire mages was to 410, 917 (cold), then 916 if the first 917 attack didn't instantly kill the target.
    Best thing to do is just run in with 515 up and 903/907 right away. Their DS is shitty and they're squishy af. It's typically a kill or be killed area if you're uphunting it.

Unless the spawns are slow, you'll probably fry before 515 drops. Use PEER if you wanna be extra careful.

>incant 515
    >peer southwest
    >sw
    >incant 907
    >loot
    >repeat

I would just try it and see how it goes. The worst thing that can possibly happen is you die and have to be dead for like 5-10 minutes.
    Last edited by Methais; 05-06-2019 at 03:42 PM.

Pro tip on Teras, use the npc healer and lie down to heal your injuries. It will save you a boatload in silver and you won't need to carry around heavy ales.

Sprites are pretty squishy and easy as well, and thraks are pretty easy also. So you can cover the entire area. I skipped golems also on my bard, because of the dispel, heating up the weapon, search wound, and poor.

The NPC empath fees are cheaper than herbs?