Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: PC Guild for Classic WoW?

Blog Entries

Default PC Guild for Classic WoW?

Since it's announcement there has been a number of people express their interest in starting a PC guild for Classic WoW. Over the past couple days there has been talk about a hard release date being announced very soon and some Beta files have been data mined. My guess it will be a July release date, which leaves about 2 months to get something started if people are interested.

For people that either never played WoW or never played Vanilla WoW and may be interested in being a part of something that can be off the charts fun. Don't hesitate to ask questions.

I'm personally not interested in being any kind of guild officer, I'm just trying to get a conversation about the topic going. I'm personally looking for a guild that would be semi-hardcore when it comes to raiding and would prefer a normal realm over a PvP realm, though a PvP realm would not be a deal breaker for me. I normally play Horde but playing Alliance isn't an issue if it makes things easier to put together.

Right now I'm deciding between protection warrior or playing a tank druid until 60 then converting to resto.

Anyhow, would be cool to get at least 10 of us organized by release.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. ~ Marcus Aurelius
    “It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

“The urge to shout filthy words at the top of his voice was as strong as ever.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

Blog Entries

Classic World of Warcraft goes live August 27th, 1 month from today.

On August 13th classic servers will allow for character name reserves if you have a game sub. As of yet server names and types haven't been released (this could possibly happen today).

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. ~ Marcus Aurelius
    “It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

“The urge to shout filthy words at the top of his voice was as strong as ever.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

Ehhhhhhh...

WoW was the best gaming experience.. and I look back on it fondly.

I just don't think 15 years later, it will hold up. Might be fun for a couple days or weeks.. but that's probably it.

The only reason I would is that there just isn't a good game out there holding my interest.
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Besides, Republicans also block abstinence and contraceptives anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Parkbandit View Post
    Ehhhhhhh...

WoW was the best gaming experience.. and I look back on it fondly.

I just don't think 15 years later, it will hold up. Might be fun for a couple days or weeks.. but that's probably it.

The only reason I would is that there just isn't a good game out there holding my interest.
    I've been playing on the private servers and I'll probably give Classic a try when it comes out but man, there are a lot of QoL changes that I'll miss. If we manage to get a decent sized PC guild I may hang around for a while.
    Methais isn't even on my level bitch.

5. Default

WoW classic is for suckers. SWGEmu is where it's at.

Unfortunately I think the Vanilla servers may be big for a day and then dead soon after. During the Beta people couldn't stop reporting things they thought were bugs but were just the way things were before a thousand quality of life updates fixed them. It was a slow burn, the dumbing down of the game and making it so everyone's a winner, but make no mistake, it's something people had been asking for since day one. I do miss the weekly updated honor lists though. That gave my server a personal feel that the game never recaptured after they stopped updating them. I doubt they'll bring them back, but I hope they do.
    Last edited by Stumplicker; 07-30-2019 at 09:47 AM.

Blog Entries

This.

Classic is a different game with a different mentality than current WoW. 15 years ago, I had the time and ability to spend the day grinding mats for potions, then all night wiping in an instance. Now, not so much. I'll play it a little but I don't see myself getting too involved.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

JUST GRIND TO HIGH WARLORD IT'S EASY
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Blog Entries

AFKing in week-long AV matches for fun and profit
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post
    AFKing in week-long AV matches for fun and profit
    When I think of AV stalemates I think of things like

1. Going out with friends
    2. Doing lots of cocaine
    3. Come home later
    4. Join AV and spam nukes for 6 hours

Good times.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    When I think of AV stalemates I think of things like

1. Going out with friends
    2. Doing lots of cocaine
    3. Come home later
    4. Join AV and spam nukes for 6 hours

Good times.
    I'm actually down for this on the first weekend.
    Methais isn't even on my level bitch.