Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Official: Spring Spectacular: Trap Disarming RT Changes

Default Official: Spring Spectacular: Trap Disarming RT Changes

Hi everybody,

I couldn't think of a catchy title for this change so you get that awkward one.

Trap detection and disarming, and lock measuring through Lock Mastery using calipers have had their roundtime costs significantly decreased - as long as you are in a reasonably civilized place.

In addition, the Water Lore benefit for spell 404 (Disarm Enhancement) has been changed - when you fail to disarm a trap, it will now provide phantom ranks (at a seed 1 rate) when determining if you failed badly enough to set off the trap.

Ixix

Finally a real reason to learn LM.

A sigh of relief for me that it won't affect picking wizard, I thought a nerf was coming!
    Ardwen the submitive: [LNet]-GSIV:Ardwen: "not like I was given a choice to opt out of bro mode, bro"

Nobody enjoy this! They'll fuck it up somehow in the future!

This is actually awesome. 5 seconds for tracking for traps, 5 seconds to measure with calipers, and the one trap I found had a 3 second discovery and 3 second disarm roundtime.

Blog Entries

Eh, I still prefer the instant of the NPC.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

I still prefer rapid fire + 704/416 then 407 if safe, 125 if not - trash can if glyphed.
    Last edited by Maerit; 04-23-2019 at 03:03 PM.

They really fucked us a few months ago on the rando change to prevent tonis from reducing trap loresing roundtime (because realistically moving faster wouldnt make you sing faster), so this was like a gentle hug afterwards.
    Your mind is completely fucked. It is imperative that you unfuck immediately!

Where does this actually work? So far my rogue is far slower than before...
    adred0111 (discord)

Quote Originally Posted by adred View Post
    Where does this actually work? So far my rogue is far slower than before...
    I tried at a table and it worked. I imagine it either works at nodes or in town.

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    I tried at a table and it worked. I imagine it either works at nodes or in town.
    I have tried at tables at 3 different inns, it is far slower... I get 12-18 seconds to detect no trap... and the actual traps are far slower than they used to be (76 ranks of water lore).... also Master of Lock Mastery... I generally use the full unlock gnomish bracer but someone told me it wasn't any good now because the RT to detect no trap is supposed to be like 3-8 seconds now
    adred0111 (discord)