Thread: Mist weapon fixes needed...

1. Default Mist weapon fixes needed...

We still need lich.rbw(?) fixed so that weird weapons like my alfange I got from a Mist shop, will go into a sheath before looting. I have no programming skills so I have no idea where to put anything to get this thing into my sheath. Here's the message one gets when putting it in a container:

As you prepare to drop your ebon alfange, jet black tendrils begin to snake and coil around the alfange's hilt, slithering upward. Mere seconds before they twine around your wrist, you release your grasp on the alfange and the tendrils retreat.

Alternatively, if someone were to show me how and where to add whatever is needed to lich.rbw(?), I'd be willing to try that. I can *usually* look at a script of some kind and get an understanding of what's going on, but the lich.rbw is way too much for me to even try anything. Might as well expect me to learn Mandarin Chinese over the weekend...while so drunk I don't even know my own name!
    "Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." -Albert Einstein. Huh...liberals and the antifa mob must have been around in his time too.

You'd want to look at your looting script most likely and not lich.rbw itself. You'll need to change the behavior of whatever your loot script is doing so it recognizes that behavior. So the next question is, what loot script are you using?

• sloot
    • loot
    • slootbeta
    • something else

From there it's a matter of looking at that scripts code and the functionality it uses to store your current weapon if your hands are full. Some do their own thing, others use LICH's built in emptyhands routine. So it really is a matter of looking at the loot script itself first, and then work backwards from there.
    Websites
    Lich Wiki Info
    EO Scripts Github Repository - Collaborative script development by the community.
    EO Lich5 Github Repository - Collaborative Lich Development for GS4 & DR for modern Ruby.
    Elanthia Online Forums Archive

Player of Tysong

3. Default

I use sloot.

I did try to look through that (sloot) after I'd posted the original above, but it contained something very similar to if not the same when it came to weaponsack or something like that that I saw many times in many lines in lich.rbw. Either way it was just way too much for me to figure out. I mean, I *think* I *might* could try a thing or two, but knowing me, I'd forget to mark somehow where and what I'd changed and simply screw the whole thing up, and/or just keep 'putting' the wrong stuff, heh, which would get extremely aggravating after a short while.

I might just go with another suggestion from someone who said to just make a macro key to put the weapon away *before* hitting the sloot key. A PITA, but I don't see anything easier at the moment.
    Last edited by Ploobar; 04-20-2019 at 04:08 PM.
    "Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." -Albert Einstein. Huh...liberals and the antifa mob must have been around in his time too.

try the same stuff i outlined in this thread:
    http://forum.gsplayers.com/showthrea...86#post2096686

That should fix sloot and anything else that uses the built in lich commands for emptying your hands.
    Last edited by Donquix; 04-22-2019 at 06:01 PM.
    Mithrilschlong, 2015-03-10 to slightly later on 2015-03-10. You will not be forgotten!
    usable Meteor Swarm, late 2020-12-30 to early 2020-12-31. You will also not be forgotten!

5. Default

I changed my sloot open/close settings to use this same weapon for ;tpick and skinning.. this should be what you're looking for I think. It should just put it back wherever it's pulled from.

Look for a line like this, and edit the bolded parts.. “You reach down” will work for both the open/close.

Opens up a sack and keeps a record of it
    open_sack = proc { |sack|
    unless sack.class == GameObj or sack = GameObj[sack]
    echo "fixme: open_sack failed to find #{sack}"
    exit
    end

res = dothistimeout "open ##{sack.id}", 5, /^You pull the long|You reach down|You open .*\.$/
    unless res
    echo "fixme: unknown open_sack result: #{res}"
    exit
    end

closed_sacks.push(sack.id)
    }

# Closes all opened sacks in closed_sacks
    close_open_sacks = proc {
    next unless settings['enable_close_sacks']

closed_sacks.each { |sack|
    res = dothistimeout "close ##{sack}", 5, /^You flip the cover|You reach down|You close .*\.$/
    Last edited by gsplayer413; 04-23-2019 at 07:38 AM.

6. Default

Thanks guys, but neither of those suggestions worked. I even tried them combined, heh.

Getting the weapon is fine, it's when I go to loot that it hangs up trying to put the weapon away somewhere.

Actually, I just discovered that when I see
    "As you prepare to drop your ebon alfange, jet black tendrils begin to snake and coil around the alfange's hilt, slithering upward. Mere seconds before they twine around your wrist, you release your grasp on the alfange and the tendrils retreat."
    it *HAS* been put in a container, but for some reason, *something* in the game or sloot or who-knows-what doesn't realize it's been placed there.

Here's a complete show of what happens when I'm using the alfange as my weapon and I do sloot to skin and get any loot:

[sloot]>put #307976441 in #307976474
    As you prepare to drop your ebon alfange, jet black tendrils begin to snake and coil around the alfange's hilt, slithering upward. Mere seconds before they twine around your wrist, you release your grasp on the alfange and the tendrils retreat.
    >
    [sloot]>inventory containers
    You are wearing a leather sheath, a mottled purple cloth satchel with a moon-shaped mistwood buckle, a mithril-plated leather lootbag, a long black leather duster with a bone-fringed mantle, an ebony snake skin belt, a neat buckskin sack, a supple black suede dart case, and some dark brown doeskin boots.
    >
    [sloot]>put #307976441 in #307976440
    I could not find what you were referring to.
    >
    [sloot]>put #307976441 in #307976444
    >
    [sloot]>put #307976441 in #307976493
    >
    [sloot]>put #307976441 in #307976510
    >
    [sloot]>put #307976441 in #307976512
    >
    [sloot]>put #307976441 in #307976556
    >
    [sloot]>put #307976441 in #307976568
    >
    [sloot]>get #307982681
    You pick up a clear topaz.
    >
    [sloot]>put my topaz in #307976474
    >
    You put a clear topaz in your leather lootbag.
    >
    [sloot]>get #307982679
    You pick up an orc hide.
    >
    [sloot]>put my hide in #307976474
    You put an orc hide in your leather lootbag.
    >
    [sloot]>get #307976441
    >
    You reach for the ebon alfange and it nearly springs into your hand, like the return of a long-lost friend. The alfange's hilt melds perfectly into your palm.
    Item #307976474 appears to be my lootbag and it's put the alfange in it but the game or whatever just hasn't realized it so it keeps looking for a container to put the alfange in, which takes a few seconds of just standing there while possibly still being attacked, before it just goes on to get the loot, put it away and then get the weapon again. Why it puts it in the lootsack and not the sheath and why the game/sloot/whatever doesn't see that it's been done yet keeps looking for a container to now put a weapon that's already in a container, away, is crazy. It's frustrating and plain just cruddy, heh.
    Last edited by Ploobar; 04-24-2019 at 09:51 AM.

The problem is the mist weapon script isn't accounted for in the lich regex for stowing shit. (if you set the vars for weapon and weaponsack correctly btw, it should be trying to put it in the sheath, still the same failing, but trying that first, so the weaponsack or weapon var isn't set correctly if #307976474 was your lootsack, not your sheath)

It thinks it failed to put the item away, it's not sure why, so it's trying to put it in all your other containers until it detects it successfully stowed it SOMEPLACE on your person. It's kind of annoying to fix completely because reasons, but you could fix it. honestly though, it seems like it would just be a lot easier to alias sloot for you:

;alias add misloot = ;e fput("sheathe");Script.run('sloot');fput("unsheath e")

it would still fail for some other random scripts that stow stuff, but that would make sloot work without all the spam. the associated functions in lich should really be cleaned up, there's a lot of duplicated code there (there are 3 separate functions that could get called all doing the same exact thing pretty much)
    Last edited by Donquix; 04-24-2019 at 12:54 PM.
    Mithrilschlong, 2015-03-10 to slightly later on 2015-03-10. You will not be forgotten!
    usable Meteor Swarm, late 2020-12-30 to early 2020-12-31. You will also not be forgotten!

8. Default

I've set the vars to the correct things, no idea why they still go to some other container (that includes my backslasher that has no funky message like this alfange has).

Thanks for clearing it up though. I'll just use the macro key and learn to remember to use it while hunting...or just wait til sloot/lich is fixed for this.

Thanks everyone for the ideas.