Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: how much do I need to put into the game?

Default how much do I need to put into the game?

I was told this was the active forums for the game so posting here.

a little about me. I come from DDO or dungeons and dragons online. DDO is really in a sweet spot right now in terms of content and steady updates but I miss the written word and it’s ability to convey deeper meaning and roleplay.

I like to play games to win though as im pretty compeititive therefore need to ask how much money I need to put into the game to get top raid gear or equiv and a maxed toon.

I am Durok the hill dwarf warrior ingame btw. thanks for any assistance.

NEVER put any money in this game besides your sub.

Minmax everything, farm if needed, Multi-account (two accounts is seriously MORE than double the power cause of synergy) but DO NOT Buy stuff with your cash.

Of course, for the p2w events, it's another story. Some are good but I'm against it but that's not the point here.

I'd suggest coming to ;lnet channel and talk about it early evening eastern time, you'll have a vast amount of opinions and you'll be able to make your own based on them
    Ardwen the submitive: [LNet]-GSIV:Ardwen: "not like I was given a choice to opt out of bro mode, bro"

3. Default

Welcome to the lands. Top raid gear? Oh my...where to start. No raids really. Top of the line gear...depends on your training and profession. Couple thousand at minimum. Full sigil staff....$7k+ (i think that was the final tally).

Sent from my LG-G710 using Tapatalk

Welcome aboard!

As mentioned above, there is no need to spend more than the subscription fee. The gear you need can be purchased with in-game silvers as you progress, and no uber items are needed to reach the level 100 cap.

Also, there are Discord chat channels for the game, I think this is the general link:

https://discordapp.com/login?redirec...70949499830273

Good luck and have fun!

"You're well beyond training for a reason."...Gelston

Blog Entries

You don't have to pay more than a sub fee.

You can make it to cap with off-the-shelf stuff.

HOWEVER - the game has become extremely monetized and oriented toward micro transactions. If you want anything beyond off-the-shelf items (and playing Barbie dress-up is a huge part of RPGs), be prepared to pay a lot.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

Blog Entries

You don't even have to pay the sub fee. There is free accounts. The suck, but if you only care about RP, you can do that.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Durok View Post
    I was told this was the active forums for the game so posting here.

a little about me. I come from DDO or dungeons and dragons online. DDO is really in a sweet spot right now in terms of content and steady updates but I miss the written word and it’s ability to convey deeper meaning and roleplay.

I like to play games to win though as im pretty compeititive therefore need to ask how much money I need to put into the game to get top raid gear or equiv and a maxed toon.

I am Durok the hill dwarf warrior ingame btw. thanks for any assistance.
    Do not invest anything of value into this game. A large number of the player base have mental issues (seriously), the owners \ management are in cash out mode, the RP is in terrible shape, to "compete" you will need to drops thousands in real dollars, there has been no serious updates in nearly two decades, there is no raiding \ endgame.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. ~ Marcus Aurelius
    “It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

“The urge to shout filthy words at the top of his voice was as strong as ever.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    You don't even have to pay the sub fee. There is free accounts. The suck, but if you only care about RP, you can do that.
    F2P accounts will make you hate the game.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post
    F2P accounts will make you hate the game.
    Not if its all you know!
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    Not if its all you know!
    good point
    standing between the living and the dead