Thread: Best practices for scroll infusion

Default Best practices for scroll infusion

Well, in this thread I’m hoping to get your tips on how to maximize the advantage of, minimize the headache of scroll infusion.

I feel a bit overwhelmed and I’m not sure how to start getting organized, I think a lot of my problem is I don’t know how exactly the mechanics of Infusing work, how to maximize the ultily of a scroll etc.

About two years ago I bought about 2m silvers worth of 25k scrolls from merchants. They are sitting across two mules. Plus various, say 50 scrolls I picked up from hunting and the pawnshop. Some are used but most aren’t.

At one point I had a macro set to rummage for a spell in a dedicated container, pull it out cast and put it a back, but as spells overlapped it was hard to keep track of which scrolls needed recharging etc.

But also how do you handle charging? How do you handle the excesses weight? At one point my scroll tube started being 15 lbs. Plus charging tools, weight starts to be a factor.

How do you guys keep track of what spells you have, what needs to be charged, when is it a good idea to start recharging and so forth? I really need a system.

It would be nice if I could charge scrolls for myself and others while resting. How do you guys efficiently do this and stay organized?
    Last edited by Xred; 04-10-2019 at 11:46 PM.
    Join the Gemstone Player’s Union. Promoting a sustainable gemstone and player’s rights.

Scripts! I wrote a bunch, but only published one so far. You can test out the infuse_scroll script on the repo when you get a chance. Follow the instructions, and it will help you with unlocking and infusing scrolls.

I have another personal script that I want to eventually incorporate into the infuse_scroll script, which will loop through a list of spells, rummage in the designated container, invoke and cast to a specified duration, and re-infuse the scroll before putting it away and moving onto the next spell. This makes it super quick to get fully spelled without having to micro-manage every single step of the process.

Now, re-infusing a scroll immediately after using a few charges is not the absolute most efficient way to use them due to re-infusing more frequently. However, it is the least tedious way to use the scroll. I find that the extra infusions don't degrade my scroll too quickly since I am getting 2-3 months of use from my scrolls when sharing them between two characters.

As for skills, it's basically Arcane Symbols as the most important skill. This does two things - 1) increase the duration of spells you invoke, so you invoke the scroll fewer times and 2) increases your skill with the infusion part of the scroll infusion. The second skill to work on is MIU. This improves your ability with unlocking higher level spells, and reduces your chance to permanently lock a scroll when waving the 'fyn runestones at them.

Being in a workshop helps too, but it somewhat unnecessary for most spells unless you're trying to work on high-end spells like 1720, 219, 215, 1619, or 1200s. Those higher-tier spells can be difficult to infuse and unlock without the conditions being improved. Especially spells from the mental circle.

With regards to staying organized, I keep all my scrolls that I infused, all my runes, and all my infusion materials in a single container. Anything that has not been unlocked, I keep separate. That way I can rummage for spell <spell#> in my container, rummage for runestone <runename> in my container and not mix the unlocked / infused scrolls with the ones that haven't been worked on. This container I keep with me. The scrolls that are not unlocked / infused are off-loaded onto mules who I have trained with arcane symbols, so they can rummage for me when I need to refresh my inventory of spells.
    Last edited by Maerit; 04-11-2019 at 11:41 AM.