Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Not Sure if this is the proper place but tech help needed!

1. Default Not Sure if this is the proper place but tech help needed!

Keep getting booted every 5 minutes or so...annoying to say the least. This is the error I keep getting:

error: server_thread: An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine. @ io_fillbuf - fd:4

Then poof.

Anyone have any suggestions?

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by gemstonefella View Post
    Keep getting booted every 5 minutes or so...annoying to say the least. This is the error I keep getting:

error: server_thread: An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine. @ io_fillbuf - fd:4

Then poof.

Could be a software firewall polling connections every few minutes and shutting the pipe down thinking it's a trojan or something. It's an I/O connection on a strange port. Try turning off any antivirus you have going and see if it still happens.
    Last edited by Stumplicker; 04-04-2019 at 12:35 PM.

3. Default

I'll give it a try, thanks. Weird how it just started happening out of the blue.

it does that to me too. I MA and sometimes, an account crash while the other doesn't.

My hypothese: some packets are lost and ruby doesn't like it at all. Tune down your other bandiwidth hungry connexions and reboot your modem once in a while.

(ex. It happens a lot more when I go to Twitch).
    Ardwen the submitive: [LNet]-GSIV:Ardwen: "not like I was given a choice to opt out of bro mode, bro"

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Murrandii View Post
    it does that to me too. I MA and sometimes, an account crash while the other doesn't.

My hypothese: some packets are lost and ruby doesn't like it at all. Tune down your other bandiwidth hungry connexions and reboot your modem once in a while.

(ex. It happens a lot more when I go to Twitch).
    That sounds like you're on wireless. If that's the case just....stop...playing games...on wireless.

Then poof.

Sounds to me like an established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    Sounds to me like an established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine.
    I concur.

Seriously though, log on the regular way, without lich through the website and chill on there for like 10 minutes, then try again. Sometimes that randomly fixes whatever the problem was.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

8. Default

Nope, argh. 5 minutes exactly.

9. Default

Nope, argh. 5 minutes exactly.
    Try killing any scripts you have on autostart.

Edit to add: And yeah, what Gelston said. Take lich out of the equation altogether. Even if it doesn't fix the issue, you'll have narrowed down where the issue actually lies.
    Last edited by Stumplicker; 04-04-2019 at 01:04 PM.

10. Default

Tried the regular way and got booted from it also. Very odd.