Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Some love for ZL (capped / near cap)

This is not a new conversation. It's been on and off for years. Zul Logoth, River's Rest, Solhaven - all of them have major level gaps that prevent you from being able to make that your home.

Teras recently had their level gap addressed with an incredibly half-hearted attempt to give the island a level 80-90 hunting ground. Two creatures are introduced, one of them is actually a new creature (Steam Dervish) with some interesting elements. Hamstring, steam flaring equipment that vanishes if you touch it, but it has the stupid fire mage retribution ability - except in steam damage instead of fire damage (probably the only place steam resistance via 620 is useful). The other creature is just a higher level skayl, which is still super annoying and spams earthen fury.

Zul Logoth has levels 46+ missing. It would take a massive amount of development to fill the gaps, so total pipe dream. Putting in a high level area would be enjoyable, and I'd vote it be a capped grimswarm hunting area since you cannot open a warcamp within the zone (there are no warcamps in between the carts in Zul's hunting grounds).

My suggestion would be a new area accessed at the center of the Czeroth Caverns. You'd be cave splunking, need 60+ climbing skill, with lots of falling options. No teleporting into the area, of course, but you can gold ring - return - 130 - 740 - 930 (etc) out. Climbing skill checks similar to the swim into Nelemar. Yes, it's still a PITA to get into the hunting area, but there's some undead so you can symbol seek if you're in Voln. Within the hunting ground you have to avoid rockslides and debris falling from the caverns via survival checks (usually just minor injuries, but zero training can lead to death).

Creatures inside:
    - High level undead Grutik. Warriors, Priests, and Wizards.
    - Bats with warcries (and skins).
    - Roa'ter-like creatures that burrow and can swallow you like a roa'ter.
    - Greater Krynch with all it's boulder-like behavior, and skins for an opal with a blunt weapon.
    - Veaba which is basically a giant centipede?

The creatures aren't all that difficult to develop. They're just reskins of existing creatures with higher levels and skills. It's making the rooms, adding in the entrance mechanics, and making the area challenging that prevents anyone from starting the effort...

At the end of the day, Simu's official response will be that "Every area has access to the Elemental Confluence, thus all cities are capable of capped hunting".
    Last edited by Maerit; 04-02-2019 at 02:06 PM.

"As a result of player demand, we have introduced a new Simucoin only accessible area that has a variety of critters for all level ranges from 0-100. We are confident that this addition should be sufficient to address all hunting needs in the game forever." -Simu, probably
    Last edited by Methais; 04-02-2019 at 02:29 PM.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    "As a result of player demand, we have introduced a new Simucoin only accessible area that has a variety of critters for all level ranges from 0-100. We are confident that this addition should be sufficient to address all hunting needs in the game forever." -Simu, probably
    You're describing Reim. Accessible from all towns. Go whenever you want. Just use an orb from the simucoin store. Creatures scale from 0-100. And they pay out in alternate currency.

Quote Originally Posted by Stumplicker View Post
    You're describing Reim. Accessible from all towns. Go whenever you want. Just use an orb from the simucoin store. Creatures scale from 0-100. And they pay out in alternate currency.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Quote Originally Posted by Stumplicker View Post
    Reim also "fixes" the undead level gap.

6. Default

ZL always felt unfinished to me. I honestly have always felt someone started it, then got fired/quit/fucked the wrong person/fell out of favor with the current clique and it was never finished. Cool area though.
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/
    Click the link above to see how much you owe the government.

"Well I tell you what, if you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black."
    -Superracist, Joe Biden

“If you don’t believe in free speech for people who you disagree with, and even hate for what they stand for, then you don’t believe in free speech.”
    -My favorite liberal

Blog Entries

Yeah ZL is a nice town. I think the idea at the time was to expand it and the surrounding areas, but after the game population plummeted it never got attention again.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

My biggest gripe with ZL was that you could get bounties for creatures on the other side of the carts (i.e. Centaurs) if you're trying to level there. Which is dumb...

Quote Originally Posted by Maerit View Post
    My biggest gripe with ZL was that you could get bounties for creatures on the other side of the carts (i.e. Centaurs) if you're trying to level there. Which is dumb...
    I agree, but when you do get bounties on the inside, it's like teras because it's so close.. you can get that shit done in 5 minutes once you get the stuff spawning as far as area to cover.. with the added bonus of you don't have anyone to fight with.. I love it for 20-35 ish.

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Roiken View Post
    I agree, but when you do get bounties on the inside, it's like teras because it's so close.. you can get that shit done in 5 minutes once you get the stuff spawning as far as area to cover.. with the added bonus of you don't have anyone to fight with.. I love it for 20-35 ish.
    Also, you can avoid getting the centaur bounties (the only ones that go outside), by upping the level of your adventurer's guild quests to 30. You can go up to 5 levels over your head, so by the time you're 25, no more outside the walls quests. You won't get them to the southwest portion anymore, but the bats and undead in the southeast are good from 25-35 with basically no BS quests to slow you down.