Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Adventurer's Guild Badge Breakdown

It's possible the level cap for boosts is done in 5 train increments vs 10. This could be learned if someone has a toon of X5-X9 trainings, 55-59 for example, and tried to get +13 max health on their badge.

pretty sure its fully 10 lvl increments. I wasn't able to get +10 on a stat bonus at level 99, had to wait till level 100 before it worked.

Can you do a check if the recharge points and acquisition points are the same regardless of the skill if the track is the same? For example, str always look to be 2x acqusition cost relative to log:

Strength 1 D 320 960 1920 3200 4800 6720 8960 11520 14400 17600
    Logic 7 B 160 480 960 1600 2400 3360 4480 5760 7200 8800

So does this mean:

for example at a specific badge level, for example 4/4/0/0/0, you can put twice the amount of logic that you can put of str?

Quote Originally Posted by zephyrii View Post
    pretty sure its fully 10 lvl increments. I wasn't able to get +10 on a stat bonus at level 99, had to wait till level 100 before it worked.
    This would only be visible on the three +MAX enhancive as it seems they are being treated as a 1/2 skill. Since those three have a unique +20 max for badge and +2 boost per 10 trains it seems within reason that their threshold increases by 1 every 5 trains vs the standard 1 every 10. Now in all honesty this is a VERY specific situation and even IF it crops up it will make very little difference either way. Even so, if it's a number that can be tacked down I figure it may as well be. Also, my question isn't super clear so I will edit that...soon

Quote Originally Posted by zephyrii View Post
    Can you do a check if the recharge points and acquisition points are the same regardless of the skill if the track is the same? For example, str always look to be 2x acqusition cost relative to log:

Strength 1 D 320 960 1920 3200 4800 6720 8960 11520 14400 17600
    Logic 7 B 160 480 960 1600 2400 3360 4480 5760 7200 8800

So does this mean:

for example at a specific badge level, for example 4/4/0/0/0, you can put twice the amount of logic that you can put of str?
    If I am understanding the question, the answer is "No". The factors are; Lifetime BP determines how many badge upgrades you can claim, Total badge upgrades determine the max capacity of the badge as a whole, location of upgrades (first 3) determine 1st, 2nd, and 3rd enhancives, and finally Character Level determines the maximum +boost you can add. In your example you have 8 total upgrades which would give you a maximum of 9600 BP worth of enhancives allowing you a full+10 logic stat at 8800 BP or +7 strength stat at 8960 BP or any combination as long as it didn't exceed 9600 BP total, (theoretically that is, since at 4/4/0/0/0 you would not have a 2nd enhancive unlocked yet.)

Side note, it's always more efficient to go with +BONUS vs the equivalent +STAT, but stats can get you the odd numbers.Still using your example, it would be better to do +5 LOG BONUS instead of +10 STAT (400 BP cheaper) but the +7 STR STAT is a situation where going STAT is better to squeeze that extra +1 stat. For STR BONUS you could only get +3 bonus (equal to +6 stat) but could not get +4 bonus (equal to +8 stat) until your badge capacity surpassed 11,200 BP (10 total upgrades across the bad for a max capacity of 12000 BP worth of enhancives.

*In deciding what flavor of boost to pick (STAT BASE vs STAT BONUS or SKILL BONUS vs SKILL RANK) here is the Rule of Wrist:
    STATS:
    STAT BONUS is most efficient and should ALWAYS be used if your boost goal is an even number
    STAT BASE should ONLY be used specifically to achieve odd numbered enchants that can't be attained with a bonus.

SKILLS:
    SKILL BONUS is without a doubt the superior choice in 100% of the situations that 99.9% of us will ever encounter.
    SKILL RANKS Don't use ranks!*

* Its possible a very specific, VERY rare situation could exist where ranks would be could make sense (not really though) Besides, anybody crunching those kinds of numbers certainly doesn't need any advice from me about RANKS vs Bonus but for transparencies sake, RANKS should only be considered if you have less than 30 trained ranks in that skill at MOST and is questionably worthwhile even at 0. The BP cost of SKILL RANKS is 10x more than SKILL BONUS with at BEST 2.5x more effect. Hey, but 2.5x more bonus sounds pretty cool! Nope. It requires 30 badge upgrades to support the cheapest +5 RANKS (minimum 750K LBP if you go with a crappy badge design of 5/5/5/5/5), it costs 36K to recharge, will take a LOT of work to unlock your badge enough for any other useful enhances (~1.75M BP to unlock the remaining 24k badge capacity) which is a real bummer since this ONLY works if its a skill you have <5 trained ranks in. What skill would a class have only 0-5 ranks in (at CAP for the full +5 ranks) that could possibly be worth not enhancing multiple core skils?

Edited to add:
    The BP cost of the boosts was compiled by "hand" in a day and then it took 2 more days to create a script to confirm each of those values individually in a way I felt confident in. Very straight forward SF script utilizing the Price Tracks. I intentionally kept it as basic as I could so if anything outside of the expected outcome was returned it would break. Should anyone want that script to run for themselves just send me a PM. Also, in the previous badge research thread, Goat discovered the multipliers for each subsequent +, which jibs perfectly with my results. I don't think you were doubting me or anything, but for good science its worth knowing the method used!
    Last edited by Ososis; 03-30-2019 at 07:19 AM.
    "Hi, my name is Ososis and I'm blaming my shitty life for being such a fragile, soy drinking, emotionally unstable loser. My triggers are: Red reputation, ANY mention of MacGuyver and being called a fragile, soy drinking, emotionally unstable loser."

4. Default

Bump, this is a really good guide!
    Your mind is completely fucked. It is imperative that you unfuck immediately!

5. Default

Bumping again for the best AG badge thread ever created

Reading through this again, and... damn! The amount of community research that went into figuring this all out is an example to me of what makes GS special. Thanks to Goat, Oso, gilchristr, geijon and everyone else who contributed.

Quote Originally Posted by Macillus View Post
    Reading through this again, and... damn! The amount of community research that went into figuring this all out is an example to me of what makes GS special. Thanks to Goat, Oso, gilchristr, geijon and everyone else who contributed.
    +1. This thread has been hugely helpful to me in recent months. I really appreciate all of the hard work involved with the research.

8. Default

Ososis trained 300 rank in real life on his PC-table posting skill right before posting this thread, it was epic.

9. Default

I miss Ososis. MIA since 1/20

10. Default

I normally just drop it on the ground, and ask for a new one when I want to switch bonuses. There is no extra charge if you wait about 3months. If there is a better way to switch bonuses I dont know about it