Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bump Stock Ban

Blog Entries

Default Bump Stock Ban

The 10th Circuit court today placed a stay on the bump stock ban, set to go into effect on the 26th of this month.

So, you are not going to become a felon on the 26th if you have one currently.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

2. Default

Why did they do that?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Androidpk View Post
    Why did they do that?
    They felt it was rushed through too fast without giving it proper study into the full implications of it.
    Last edited by Gelston; 03-22-2019 at 10:26 AM.

4. Default

If I had to guess I'd say it has something to do with the NRA having a large lobbying budget.

Blog Entries

It was actually a group called the NCLA. I seem to recall the NRA not really making a big fuss about bump stocks.

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    It was actually a group called the NCLA. I seem to recall the NRA not really making a big fuss about bump stocks.
    National Cwolff Loser Association?
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    National Cwolff Loser Association?
    New Civil Liberties Alliance, first I'd heard of them.

Bump stocks are largely seen as a toy by serious operators in the field. But the banning was less a concern about their loss but more the way the process was all jacked up in terms of the ATFs expansion of the definition of the term "machine gun" to encompass the stocks, thereby accomplishing the ban through the ATF's rulemaking authority rather than by legislative action. Such a power comes with serious implications when it comes to the technical nature of firearms.

Also, the whole "the NRA has mad Benjamins" is largely a trope of the uninformed. They had a lobbying expenditure of approximately $5 million in 2017 and 2018 which put them somewhere like 80th on the list. Hardly huge by any measure. What they do have is access to a deeply engaged, active corps of single-issue voters who are vocal, vote without fail, and as a bloc carry a significant amount of political power. Notwithstanding this, true 2A supporters are quite disappointed in how the NRA seemed to roll on the bump stock issue given what's at stake above.

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by BLZrizz View Post
    Bump stocks are largely seen as a toy by serious operators in the field. But the banning was less a concern about their loss but more the way the process was all jacked up in terms of the ATFs expansion of the definition of the term "machine gun" to encompass the stocks, thereby accomplishing the ban through the ATF's rulemaking authority rather than by legislative action. Such a power comes with serious implications when it comes to the technical nature of firearms.

Also, the whole "the NRA has mad Benjamins" is largely a trope of the uninformed. They had a lobbying expenditure of approximately $5 million in 2017 and 2018 which put them somewhere like 80th on the list. Hardly huge by any measure. What they do have is access to a deeply engaged, active corps of single-issue voters who are vocal, vote without fail, and as a bloc carry a significant amount of political power. Notwithstanding this, true 2A supporters are quite disappointed in how the NRA seemed to roll on the bump stock issue given what's at stake above.
    Maybe they "rolled" on them because the ban was a direct response to an incident where someone injured 851 people and killed 58 people in 10 minutes with what you just described as a toy.

They're also highly influenced by Russia, considering a Russian operative was able to get to the highest ranks of the organization.
    Anonymous is an Idea - not a group.