Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Bump Stock Ban

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Stumplicker View Post
    We're talking about a product that has no practical use and one very impractical use that only interests mentally broken people. There's no reason to allow it, and 900 reasons not to.

You could if you were so inclined still commit suicide by asyphxiation, but when England stopped making coal gas ovens that people were using to commit suicide in, suicides on the whole dropped 30% and weren't replaced by other methods.

There is plenty of precedent for saying that getting rid of problematic products lowers overall problems, but in this case there's no need because it's a product with zero practical use in the first place. Just get rid of it. There is no downside.
    The reason to allow it us because I'm a free fucking American and you can go fuck yourself.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

You could if you were so inclined still commit suicide by asyphxiation, but when England stopped making coal gas ovens that people were using to commit suicide in, suicides on the whole dropped 30% and weren't replaced by other methods.
    That's only because those people didn't read this:

Maddox - How to kill yourself like a man
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

3. Default

We're talking about a product that has no practical use and one very impractical use that only interests mentally broken people. There's no reason to allow it, and 900 reasons not to.
    What practical use is there for cars that can accelerate 60MPH in under 3 seconds?
    What practical use is there for no skill unemployed people?

Who gets to decide if an item has a practical use or not?
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/
    Click the link above to see how much you owe the government.

"Well I tell you what, if you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black."
    -Superracist, Joe Biden

“If you don’t believe in free speech for people who you disagree with, and even hate for what they stand for, then you don’t believe in free speech.”
    -My favorite liberal

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    The reason to allow it us because I'm a free fucking American and you can go fuck yourself.
    The 900 people wounded or killed by the Las Vegas shooter were free fucking Americans too. You need a better reason to want the product available than "because go fuck yourself" to overcome that. It isn't the first product to be banned in the US, and it won't be the last.

Ivory and ambergris are banned in the US too, for example, and your "because I'm American" reasoning doesn't hold up for those any better. The only reason anyone's hanging on to this one is because it's vaguely gun related and it's a hot button political issue.

I'll make my own bump stock. Got a few good pieces of walnut laying around.

6. Default

The only reason anyone's hanging on to this one is because it's vaguely gun related and it's a hot button political issue.
    I'm happy to see how aware you are of your reasoning for hanging onto this one.

"Well I tell you what, if you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black."
    -Superracist, Joe Biden

“If you don’t believe in free speech for people who you disagree with, and even hate for what they stand for, then you don’t believe in free speech.”
    -My favorite liberal

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Suppa Hobbit Mage View Post
    What practical use is there for cars that can accelerate 60MPH in under 3 seconds?
    You mean aside from massive corporations, the thousands of people they employ and the millions who consume their product?

What practical use is there for no skill unemployed people?
    None. That's why assistance for the unemployed is contingent on them looking for jobs.

Who gets to decide if an item has a practical use or not?
    A governing body of people who present and vote on issues such as this one as representatives of the population.

Any other questions? What's your practical use for bump stocks, by the way? I noticed you never offered one.

Blog Entries

The 900 people wounded or killed by the Las Vegas shooter were free fucking Americans too. You need a better reason to want the product available than "because go fuck yourself" to overcome that. It isn't the first product to be banned in the US, and it won't be the last.

Ivory and ambergris are banned in the US too, for example, and your "because I'm American" reasoning doesn't hold up for those any better. The only reason anyone's hanging on to this one is because it's vaguely gun related and it's a hot button political issue.
    More people have been killed by multiple other things than a bumostock. Let's ban everything. Retard.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

9. Default

What's your practical use for bump stocks, by the way? I noticed you never offered one.
    I think shooting really fast at things and watching them explode is fun.

-Superracist, Joe Biden

-My favorite liberal

10. Default

You mean aside from massive corporations, the thousands of people they employ and the millions who consume their product?
    Uh, that's not practical at all. No one needs a car to go 0 to 60 in 3 seconds. 30 seconds is just fine. Or 10. Arguably 30 seconds is safer though, so lets stick to 30. Or 60.

None. That's why assistance for the unemployed is contingent on them looking for jobs.
    We should ban no skill unemployed people, right?

A governing body of people who present and vote on issues such as this one as representatives of the population.
    No argument there!
    Last edited by Suppa Hobbit Mage; 03-22-2019 at 01:38 PM.

-Superracist, Joe Biden

-My favorite liberal