Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: GMs want me to scale back Dreavenings

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by AnOrdim View Post
    When it comes to GS and what Dreaven does/has done since he started this, I find it amazingly unfair that he is the scape goat while the shit fuck HOTA gets to take a shit all over the servers without being forced to change their ways.
    I have similar experience. I usually bump into a couple of Dreavenings on days when I play and never encounter lag from them. Reim nights, however, often cause very nasty lag for me. I'd encounter weird lag on an evening, look at the game's schedule and see that, "ahh, figures, it's Reim night again", and just proceed to log off or something. I've basically been trained to play around Reim nights, something that Dreavenings don't come close to.

I really do think they are trying to make me to want stop doing the Dreavenings altogether but don't want to come right out and say it.

Doing 16 people at a time would really make the whole thing take longer, and he implied I might have to go even lower than that.

I have never once heard someone complain about Dreavenings causing lag ever since I moved the operation to the Wayside tables and split spellups into groups of 60. And now even trying 40 was asking too much and we had to go right to 30.

Is this being discussed anywhere on the officials?

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    I really do think they are trying to make me to want stop doing the Dreavenings altogether but don't want to come right out and say it.

Doing 16 people at a time would really make the whole thing take longer, and he implied I might have to go even lower than that.

I have never once heard someone complain about Dreavenings causing lag ever since I moved the operation to the Wayside tables and split spellups into groups of 60. And now even trying 40 was asking too much and we had to go right to 30.
    I've never had lag from Dreavenings. Reim nights from Hands of the Arsharti, however, always cause massive lag.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrathbringer View Post
    Is this being discussed anywhere on the officials?
    I haven't checked the officials but some people are discussing it on Discord.

Quote Originally Posted by AnOrdim View Post
    I find it amazingly unfair that he is the scape goat while the shit fuck HOTA gets to take a shit all over the servers without being forced to change their ways.
    Pretty much this. Those Hand of the Arkati hunts cause massive lag to the game for multiple hours a week. Everyone knows it. Estild comes in and says Dreavenings cause a problem? Horseshit. Certain GMs must have characters who participate in those Reim binges, for all the coddling HotA has gotten.

And Nehor is full of shit. Let's see how "GLAD TO!" he is after he gets begged and nagged for spells 12765312481764 times.

7. Default

The post you made yesterday with the list of all different services you offer probably put you on someone's radar in a bad way :S

Quote Originally Posted by bunnymustdie View Post
    I have similar experience. I usually bump into a couple of Dreavenings on days when I play and never encounter lag from them. Reim nights, however, often cause very nasty lag for me. I'd encounter weird lag on an evening, look at the game's schedule and see that, "ahh, figures, it's Reim night again", and just proceed to log off or something. I've basically been trained to play around Reim nights, something that Dreavenings don't come close to.
    I'm gonna guess that there's a 100% chance that everyone who gets lag from Dreavenings is using Stormfront.

Because Stormfront is a laggy piece of shit garbage program and Wizard > SF 25/8/366
    Last edited by Methais; 03-21-2019 at 01:50 PM.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Funny thing about that is back in GS3 it was extremely common for mass spells to have more than 16 people in the group.

Shockingly enough, nobody told them it was causing lag or tried to make them stop. Weird.

Estild is one of the least trustworthy GMs imo, simply because most of his excuses for everything he nerfs are massively retarded and make no sense at all.
    Last edited by Methais; 03-21-2019 at 01:53 PM.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Quote Originally Posted by bunnymustdie View Post
    The post you made yesterday with the list of all different services you offer probably put you on someone's radar in a bad way :S
    Probably. "How dare he offer all of that! There are probably 3 or 4 people in the whole game who can offer each of those services that we would rather have people track down!"

It's funny because just last night I was doing an interview for Milax's new GS podcast idea and I went out of my way to not shit on the GMs. This is the thanks I get?!