Page 27 of 32 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: GMs want me to scale back Dreavenings

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    I was kind of surprised when Wyrom suggested that.

"Having all spells in the game makes script hunting easier and thus people can farm more silvers and thus is contributing to the silver market crashing."

Say what?
    Is this a real quote?
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    Is this a real quote?
    I'm paraphrasing but that's basically what he said.

Here are some direct quotes though:

The thing is, before the higher volume of hunting script usage, the majority of people weren't able to optimize their wealth. Now there are scripts to make sure you do everything you can in a hunting area with ease. More people participate in this because it's easier.
    Weren't you the one that actually brought the "allow spell botting to keep happening" discussion to the forums? You can't have it both ways. You don't think being spelled up for the entirety of your hunting is a contribution to aiding with automating hunting?

Imagine how out of touch you have to be to blame the crashing market on a mechanic and not incompetence of the company.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Astray View Post
    Imagine how out of touch you have to be to blame the crashing market on a mechanic and not incompetence of the company.
    He's not an idiot. He's a morally bankrupt asshole. He's just trying to use it as a scapegoat. That's an important distinction to make. He knows exactly what he does.
    Last edited by Stumplicker; 03-30-2019 at 09:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    I was kind of surprised when Wyrom suggested that.

"Having all spells in the game makes script hunting easier and thus people can farm more silvers and thus is contributing to the silver market crashing."

Say what?
    He partly blamed "third party add ons" for the lag issues as well. Some such about how much faster scripts can load commands/stack future commands, thus making the hamster wheel catch on fire immediately.

But its totally cool to pay extra and be "allowed" to stack game commands via type ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by wetsand View Post
    He partly blamed "third party add ons" for the lag issues as well. Some such about how much faster scripts can load commands/stack future commands, thus making the hamster wheel catch on fire immediately.

But its totally cool to pay extra and be "allowed" to stack game commands via type ahead.

Blog Entries

Makes you wonder how the game ever survived when the active player count was in the thousands. /s
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

The thing is, before the higher volume of hunting script usage, the majority of people weren't able to optimize their wealth. Now there are scripts to make sure you do everything you can in a hunting area with ease. More people participate in this because it's easier.

I feel like when you suddenly have a whole bunch of new critters spawn instantly with glowing/pulsating/etc. bonuses and just keep throwing that in our faces, why wouldn't we want something to help facilitate our hunting prowess? It doesn't just have to be what I just mentioned. You can cast helpful spells on other people -- why is this so wrong; and, at this point, convoluted beyond comprehension? This isn't even aimed at any particular higher-up. I don't know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anticor
    If you and Jar Jar Binks had a child it would rule the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanley Burrell
    Wikka wikka my nikka yo yo yo yo: CHECK IT. Tha thang in the thang and bedump bedump da BEBANG knowwhatIsayin?!

Running around with spells up really saves low level everyone. I get that eventually you're supposed to simply spell yourself up and that's how it's supposed to work.

Being self sufficient, however, does not include having to suck down that shit sandwich that is walking in on something that sets off a nuke. I don't look forward to any type of spell change revolving around buff spells. They'll figure out a way to make shit awful.
    Last edited by Astray; 03-30-2019 at 11:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post
    Makes you wonder how the game ever survived when the active player count was in the thousands. /s
    56k modems
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible