Page 19 of 32 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread: GMs want me to scale back Dreavenings

1. Default

I am still curious if you can duck the botting thing by having people request services exclusively over Lnet chats, which staff can't see. How are they to know you aren't just generously giving everyone armor support?

Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    rofl
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Quote Originally Posted by audioserf View Post
    I am still curious if you can duck the botting thing by having people request services exclusively over Lnet chats, which staff can't see. How are they to know you aren't just generously giving everyone armor support?
    They said I can just give everyone armor support in the room as long as they aren't tapping/whispering me first, so I'm going with that route. This could work for armor evasion, armor support, blesses, etc.

This wouldn't work for loresinging because the trigger is someone handing me the item, there is no way to loresing at someone's item without them handing me the item.

But the thing is I'm allowed to automatically accept an item (I would imagine, Wyrom didn't want to specifically say that was allowed but I'm willing to bet it is.) At this point I see I have two options. After the item has been accepted someone can just send me an ;lnet message which would then trigger a random wait time at which point it will start up a script which would loresing to the item and hand it back to the person, since the GMs have stated there is nothing against policy of starting up a script to provide such a service, the problem is having the script running at all times and then waiting for a trigger.

The other option is to have a script running that just checks to see who handed me an item, and there is nothing botting about keeping track of who handed me an item. Then there is a flag on my computer that checks for something in my bard's hand and when it sees he's holding something it can wait a random number of seconds then start up the script that will loresing to the item and hand it back to the person who gave it to my bard.

Therefore it's not a script running that waits for a trigger, it's perfectly within the scope of policy as long as I'm starting up a script one person at a time. The only thing is I'm not technically the one starting up the script, my computer is still doing that, but I would love to see GMs try and prove that. Their other recourse would be to ban scripts or to specifically say I am not allowed to do these services.
    Last edited by Tgo01; 03-22-2019 at 11:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    Don't give them any ideas now :O

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    That was a quick turnaround on the 60 player limit. I would also be interested in seeing what the new changes to the policy are going to be.
    Poor HJFudge must be so distraught over this news.

IT'S NOT FAIR THEY TOOK YOUR SIDE!
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Besides, Republicans also block abstinence and contraceptives anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Parkbandit View Post

Probably, he was resorting to downright slander yesterday on Discord when it turned out it was pretty much just Alastir who was taking his side of things.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Parkbandit View Post

I really hope he stops by again to remind us of how cool and over us he is.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post
    I really hope he stops by again to remind us of how cool and over us he is.
    He's a former Florida laser tag state champion.

Consider this a death threat.
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrom in Discord Yesterday at 9:37 PM
    Well, offering as many spells as he does is also kind of killing self-sufficiency too.
    How does this add up when Simu has always encouraged grouping with other players, is cool with people running 472398032 accounts at once, etc.? I can't recall much of anything they've ever said/done to encourage or indicate that they give any shits at all about self-sufficiency other than stripping spells in the Rift.
    Last edited by Methais; 03-22-2019 at 12:57 PM.