Page 21 of 32 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: GMs want me to scale back Dreavenings

Quote Originally Posted by Alastir View Post
    Well, yeah, 16 is dumb. But so is 100 people all crammed into 1 room.

It's pretty well known that 100+ people in 1 room = bad things.
    So you think invasions and other events that attract huge numbers should stop happening too?
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    So you think invasions and other events that attract huge numbers should stop happening too?
    Yes, that's exactly what I said.

I've suggested many times that during merchant events, 2-3 merchants come out at the same time to split the herd.

And I've never seen invasions cause anywhere near the same amount of people in 1 room.
    Last edited by Alastir; 03-22-2019 at 01:45 PM.

3. Default

man, warcamping with 2 players, whenever you get 2 waves at the same time it lags. Let's be honest here
    Ardwen the submitive: [LNet]-GSIV:Ardwen: "not like I was given a choice to opt out of bro mode, bro"

And I've never seen invasions cause anywhere near the same amount of people in 1 room.
    Game crashes caused by invasions: More than 0

Game crashes caused by Dreavenings: 0
    Last edited by Methais; 03-22-2019 at 02:13 PM.
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.

Game crashes caused by invasions: More than 0

Game crashes caused by Dreavenings: 0
    People who claimed the game crashes because of invasions or Dreavenings: 0
    Last edited by Alastir; 03-22-2019 at 02:30 PM.

Blog Entries

Um, the game has crashed due to invasions. So no, not 0.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

They either should stand up and say "Fuck you dreaven because we can and so we do" and ban your activities (at least that would be an honest reason instead of hiding behind arbitrary policy enforcement) or they should find a way to just make this work for the Elanthia we now live in. Not sure it's possible, but could they create a new table at the Wayside Inn that is reserved for Dreaven and has unique settings to minimize the large amount of activity that takes place? Same of HotA, give them 2 secret access rooms in Reim with similarly tailored settings to address the probelms cropping up. I think both groups have put in enough effort at this point to deserve it. In any case, ban it cause you want to or work on a solution. Spending time working on a way to make it against the rules is dumb.

As you navigate this shit show Dreaven, be wary. It's clear there are those who wish you ill and they are in positions to do that if you get loose. They may not officially monitor LNET but that doesn't mean they can't use it to send you the "tap" command on some random alt and still peg you for botting. Maybe have a rewritable paper your "bots" could collect names on then you actively trigger the script that runs of that list? I don't know. You're obviously an intelligent guy and will figure something out. I've never been shy about my personal dislike of the dreavenings, but I dislike the way this is being handled and misrepresented exponentially more so.
    "Hi, my name is Ososis and I'm blaming my shitty life for being such a fragile, soy drinking, emotionally unstable loser. My triggers are: Red reputation, ANY mention of MacGuyver and being called a fragile, soy drinking, emotionally unstable loser."

I just claimed that the game crashes because of invasions, which makes that number more than 0.

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    I have to get rid of every service that relies on a prompt from another player. So I could cast consecrate + bless at everyone at the table, but I can't dispel a weapon because that would require you giving the weapon to Najash which is a prompt.

I mean I COULD still do that, it's just I have to manually start a script to do all of that every time someone taps Najash, which would be a lot of work.
    I'm wondering why the fuck 'tapping' or 'whispering' to one of them, is worse than 'asking'? I mean, you have them *telling* everyone already what they have to do to get <whatever> service, so how the fuck is that any different from me going to the town square and asking over and over for someone to do a spell or whatever?

And like everyone else, the only times I've ever noticed lag was during the REIM shit, which means that those pompous asses with deep pockets who AFK scripted their character(s) to cap in 30 days are the ones being the rats and whining to the GM's that they're tired of the lag themselves and want all the throughput for *themselves and their REIM hunt* and fuck the peons with one character who needs spells and services who hunt to actually enjoy the game and the cameraderie.
    "Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." -Albert Einstein. Huh...liberals and the antifa mob must have been around in his time too.

10. Default

Cyanide is the cure for cancer too! And guns! Shoot cancer in the face! Except in NZ and UK, they can stab cancer in the face! Well maybe not in UK. They can run over cancer with a truck!
    No, in UK cancer will be cured/killed by the terrorists taking over the nation.
    "Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." -Albert Einstein. Huh...liberals and the antifa mob must have been around in his time too.