Page 14 of 32 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: GMs want me to scale back Dreavenings

Watch them be unable to fix this and just nerf spelling up others. Yeah, that feels like the type of thing they'd do.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Astray View Post
    Watch them be unable to fix this and just nerf spelling up others. Yeah, that feels like the type of thing they'd do.
    On discord people are suggesting further merging of spell effects, like 401, 406, and 414. You know, something that not only might address this problem, but open up spell slots to other things that could be fun/useful.

It's a pretty safe bet they will go the counter productive group limit route instead.
    Last edited by Taernath; 03-22-2019 at 12:18 AM.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

3. Default

that was primarly a spawn of a joke... not a bad idea.. just making them not show/ cause messages to be sent out to everyone as to tie up the sever.

Blog Entries

It's the game engine that is choking. The honest answer is, the game was never built with the level of automation and efficiency that is going on with third-party software.
    But we're still going to have a modern subscription price.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. ~ Marcus Aurelius
    “It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

“The urge to shout filthy words at the top of his voice was as strong as ever.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

Quote Originally Posted by Neveragain View Post
    But we're still going to have a modern subscription price.
    And micro-transactions and premium currency and multiple subscription levels and paid events.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Suppa Hobbit Mage View Post
    I never really fit in as a GM. I remember I created a bunch of uber mobs for an "invasion" in ta'vaalor and another GM lost her shit about it. Like it was a standing event where she'd invade and I just basically added another invasion for 30ish minutes. I wasn't part of that clique so she cried about it to some psuedo "boss" and he was like "very serious, you shouldn't do that". Whatever. I checked out after that. Too much drama for me to care about it... and my experience wasn't unique. Kia was cool though, and some of the old timers, but the new crew was all about RP and their crowd. If you didn't fit in there I suspect you didn't last long.

And once I saw behind the curtain, it kind of ruined the game.
    When your GM staff is chosen by way of cybering, this is what happens.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. ~ Marcus Aurelius
    “It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

“The urge to shout filthy words at the top of his voice was as strong as ever.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

Quote Originally Posted by Fortybox View Post
    Yep. Then it gets erased.

Oh, and you can't type in the GM question area anymore either. They even restricted that too.
    That's lame and sounds exactly like something Simu would do.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    That's lame and sounds exactly like something Simu would do.
    I can kinda understand though. It would annoy me when I'd ask a question for a GM and Allereli(or someone else) would chime in with her dumbass opinion.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

It isn’t. There is no reason to reply there.

It compiles questions, to GMs, in the #gm-questions channel. The channel was overrun with 1k+ a day musings by everyone, leaving it hard to find and answer questions.

The originating channel also has the question and can be replied there. Staff usually does in that channel as well.

Too many fucking channels and people all day imo

Quote Originally Posted by AnOrdim View Post
    Suspiciously absent "We asked the Hand of Arkati to make changes". At least its honest about the age of the game engine.
    Then get rid of the spell messages, or make it so if there are more than 30 people (or 16 since that's apparently the laughably small number the game can handle) then all spell messages are hidden.