Page 1 of 32 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: GMs want me to scale back Dreavenings

Default GMs want me to scale back Dreavenings

I was pulled in today to talk about my Dreavenings.

First I was asked to limit group size to just 16, but that would massively suck so I asked if we could try 40 at first to see if that helps but the compromise was 30 and said if that doesn't help it will have to be lowered.

Also no more "bot" behavior, so I can't do services based on an action of another player. This means just about every pre-Dreavening service that was provided is now gone.

This really sucks and I blame Jesus.

The log of the conversation:

SEND[Estild] Greetings, Dreaven. Do you have a moment?
    report yes I have a moment.
    You feel yourself being pulled away...
    A thick storm of large white feathers whirls into the area, creating a blinding radiance before becoming perfectly still in mid-air. The feathers darken and seem to age rapidly, disintegrating away to reveal Estild.
    Estild says, "Greetings."
    You say, "Hi there."
    >l estild
    It is difficult to see Estild, who is completely enshrouded in a thick blanket of silvery grey mist laced with thin indigo threads.
    Estild says, "I need to discuss 2 quick issues with you."
    You say, "Sure."
    Estild says, "The first is a request. We would like to ask you to limit your "Dreavening" group size to 16 players. It's been identified as one of the sources of lag during prime time hours. We're trying to address it through multiple angles, but this is one area where it would help us if you would voluntarily limit your group size. We would prefer that route as opposed to enforcing a limit on all groups, since that has other implications for story events and group hunts."
    You ask, "Is 16 really necessary? Could we try maybe 40 or something to see if that helps first?"
    Estild asks, "What is your current group limit?"
    You say, "60."
    Estild says, "Let's try 30. But do know that if it doesn't help, we may have to further limit it."
    You say, "Okay."
    Estild says, "Thanks."
    Estild says, "The second issue is let you know that going forward, we will be enforcing Policy 18's no "bot" rule. Just to be clear, you can still offer you spell ups and other services, but they must be manually activated by you instead of triggered based upon the actions of another player. For example, you may start your script to initiate your countdown, gather up players, cast spells, etc. You may not run always active scripts that cast spells or perform other actions when players nod, whisper, etc. You're not in trouble or receiving any warning for past behavior and this is simply to let you know of the enforcement going forward."
    You say, "Alright, thanks for the headsup."
    Estild asks, "Any questions or concerns regarding either of those?"
    You say, "Well I wish it didn't have to be this way but I understand."
    You say, "Wait I have a question."
    Estild says, "Sure."
    You ask, "What if I do something automatically without someone whispering/tapping/etc first?"
    You ask, "Like I just give everyone an armor adjustment in the room without being prompted?"
    Estild says, "You may do that."
    You ask, "And someone hands my bard something to sing, can I loresing automatically too?"
    You say, "There is no tapping involved, they just hand him an item."
    Estild says, "That would not be allowed. That is responding to a prompt from another player, then reacting. If someone gives you an item, you may start a script to loresing to it, but you can't run a script that just accepts any item and automatically loresings."
    You say, "Alright."
    Estild asks, "Any other questions?"
    You say, "No, I think I understand it all."
    Estild says, "Okay, I'll return you now. Thanks for your understanding."
    You say, "Thank you."
    Estild waves.
    You wave.
    The world grows blurry and indistinct. After a moment everything becomes clear again. Looking about, you see...
    Last edited by Tgo01; 03-22-2019 at 07:14 AM.

Blog Entries

when are you going to rage quit again?
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    when are you going to rage quit again?
    Right now!!111

4. Default

Fucka what?? What was this issue, other than your dev makes their entire staff look lazy?

Sent from my LG-G710 using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

That sucks. Is it the group size causing some mechanical issue, or just more no fun allowed?

Maybe all those spells are lowering the demand for DR items, lololol
    Last edited by Taernath; 03-21-2019 at 12:42 PM.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

Quote Originally Posted by Vishnell View Post
    Fucka what?? What was this issue, other than your dev makes their entire staff look lazy?

Sent from my LG-G710 using Tapatalk
    The larger group sizes were supposedly causing lag to the servers.

The pre-Dreavening services is "botting" behavior, which is something they didn't seem to care about a year ago when it was directly brought to their attention but now it's an issue apparently.

7. Default

This is bullshit.

I mean people could leave a healer or lock picker to be a bot I can almost understand this but considering the amount of afk scripting that goes on ya pretty lame
    standing between the living and the dead

Blog Entries

I never noticed any lag during a Dreavening (that I wasn't attending). People need to stop playing GS off of their library's wifi.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post
    I never noticed any lag during a Dreavening (that I wasn't attending). People need to stop playing GS off of their library's wifi.
    Yeah I'm not sure I'm buying the lag excuse either. And to go for such a lower number of 16 right off the bat, I mean that would make them a real pain in the ass to do :/