Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Familiar instrument

1. Default Familiar instrument

I have one.

a delicately carved rosewood mandolin inlaid with shimmering moonstones

>l mand
    The mandolin is carved of deep rosewood and polished to a mirror-like shine. Round moonstone cabochons are inlaid along the body in an undulating pattern that mesmerises the eye.

You sense that the mandolin is of a time long past. The power contained within sings to you of ancient magic and friendship, loyal companionship and steadfast honor. The instrument grows still warmer beneath your hands, and suddenly, you sense a friendly presence in your mind.

A graceful silvery white cat pads into the room and circles your feet a few times before stopping at your side.
    Roundtime: 7 sec.

It would come with an altered ankle-worn case:

>tap other case
    You tap a ruby-clasped ebon mandolin case that you are wearing.

>l other case
    In stark contrast to the highly polished ebon rosewood, a graceful, silvery white cat, in various stages of motion, has been meticulously carved out of white opal and inlaid along the entire edge of this magnificent case. The deep red ruby clasps are in the shape of musical notes, which effortlessly keep the contents secure.

I could be persuaded to sell it - but it would have to be an offer that would blow me away as they simply don't come up for sale. I would only be looking for cash at this point and I am in no rush to sell. Feel free to send any offers over and if it's close - we can go from there.

D.

What's this worth ballpark?

4. Default

I will start the bidding at 50 million.

GBB

Feel free to send any offers over and if it's close - we can go from there.==op
    Last edited by madmartigan; 03-21-2019 at 07:08 AM.

Eh... that awkward feeling when you could probably buy something but the seller won't respond to your PM and you have no idea what an obscure item is worth, so you don't know what to offer. GL I guess.

We're all in the same boat.

They did say they only wanted cash GBB

Quote Originally Posted by ktig View Post
    We're all in the same boat.
    Well, when there are this many interested parties you would normally just run an auction, and then in time-honored PC tradition, sell it to a private buy out offer instead, even though the runner up bidder would've probably paid more had they known about the buyout offer. But you don't tell them, of course.

I haven’t seen one of these come up in around 15 years. They’re supposed to stay the stuff of myth and legend Dallas!

10. Default

Sorry guys - I've been in meetings all week - I probably should have kept quiet until I was back in town. I promise to get back to everyone in the next 48 hours.