Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: combat Maneuver advice

Ah, scale. Okay, well that's a 5% evade per rank. Again I am totally biased towards evading over CMOV/CMAN, and while I think it would hold up in a court of math, I have never pressed those charges. I would think you would get higher effective defense per CMAN point in evade vs CMOV. At least I would drop CMOV 5 to get the second rank of evade (2ds vs 5% evade).

UAC mstirkes are pretty sweet. free jab, upping from jab to punch/kick/grapple at your control, performs the weakness attacks automatically mid-mstirke, and quick RT. I don't understand the math of UAC (probably as I have not looked) but on paper the punch/kick/grapple mastery's look pretty sexy for adding merderosity.
    s
    "Hi, my name is Ososis and I'm blaming my shitty life for being such a fragile, soy drinking, emotionally unstable loser. My triggers are: Red reputation, ANY mention of MacGuyver and being called a fragile, soy drinking, emotionally unstable loser."

this is mine at 41

Skill name Mnemonic Ranks
    Shadow Mastery smastery 4
    Specialization I wspec1 5
    Specialization II wspec2 3
    Combat Mobility mobility 1
    Evade Mastery emastery 2

twc edged rogue
    Last edited by Derex; 03-16-2019 at 10:38 PM.
    standing between the living and the dead

Quote Originally Posted by BHawk View Post
    Level 35 Rogue, trained in brawling and ranged, and a Voln master. I have 12 training points for Combat Maneuvers and I am wondering what I should train in. Currently using UAC in the open to hunt.
    Why ranged? Or why open UAC, and not ambush UAC?

Honestly, without stealth, I see no reason to learn anything but punch or kick mastery first, if you are using UAC. ESPECIALLY open UAC, since the masteries will increase your tier up chance.

Quote Originally Posted by mgoddess View Post
    Abso-effing-lutely... Combat Mobility, at least rank 1, is an absolute MUST for anyone who can train it, as early as freaking possible. It isn't on OP's list, but if they don't have it already, they really, really should.
    It's a great cman. That being said, it's not on my list for a number of reasons, top of the list being I like to have control of my stamina expenditure.

Quote Originally Posted by rolfard View Post
    It's a great cman. That being said, it's not on my list for a number of reasons, top of the list being I like to have control of my stamina expenditure.
    Not sure about stuns, but I know you can toggle it in RT.
    "Hi, my name is Ososis and I'm blaming my shitty life for being such a fragile, soy drinking, emotionally unstable loser. My triggers are: Red reputation, ANY mention of MacGuyver and being called a fragile, soy drinking, emotionally unstable loser."

It doesn’t activate when stunned

Quote Originally Posted by Roblar View Post
    It doesn’t activate when stunned
    In that case, with shadow mastery up I would vanish, how's that cost comparison?

I never used Shadow Mastery, and was responding to Ososis' comment but it also wouldn't activate if bound, webbed or other immobilizations.

From the wiki though, it would compare in stamina cost as mobility being cheaper usually, unless hitting the 25 stamina cap with alot of rt remaining when it fires.

MOBILITY cost:

Cost Base 5, plus 1 per remaining RT, 25 Max

SMASTERY cost:

Cost 20 (60 if used during cooldown period)