Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: SMRv2 research

Quote Originally Posted by Taluric View Post
    I do wish they would just leave the test server open indefinitely for testing purposes for those who enjoy the numbers side of the game. Oh well.
    Putting target dummies, both offensive and defensive, would be nice too.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Quote Originally Posted by Praetor View Post
    Putting target dummies that can be dressed up in any armor and given customizable DS/AS/spells would be awesome.
    Which is why Simu will make sure it never happens.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

added the limited armor testing data I had. See original post

Seems the test server is accessible again (yeah!).

I spent a chunk of time in there today redoing the Skill research data. I've posted my updated findings in the original post.

Over training in armor does not improve your SMRv2 defense. Not being fully trained can really hinder your SMRv2 defense. Just going off my data from full leather, it appears any training over an armor's RT penalty does not increase your SMRv2 defense. Testing info seen below:
    This is because full leather has no action penalty (it's the highest ASG without one)

You should see a benefit using higher ASG and being +50 ranks over the required action penalty training you would need.

So take doubles for example. Need 8 ranks to train off action penalty, 6 for RT. It says on the wiki +50 ranks over the RT penalty gives an AP reduction. At 56 ranks, you should get a tiny boost in action penalty reduction which should be a small boost to SMRv2.

I doubt it would be significant until you got into the plate armors though.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantx View Post
    This is because full leather has no action penalty (it's the highest ASG without one)

You should see a benefit using higher ASG and being +50 ranks over the required action penalty training you would need.

So take doubles for example. Need 8 ranks to train off action penalty, 6 for RT. It says on the wiki +50 ranks over the RT penalty gives an AP reduction. At 56 ranks, you should get a tiny boost in action penalty reduction which should be a small boost to SMRv2.

I doubt it would be significant until you got into the plate armors though.
    I didn't test double leather, but I did take a character up to 95 Armor Use ranks and saw no bonus over hitting the 10 ranks needed to remove the RT penalty on it. 13 ranks is required for the maneuver penalty on leather breastplate.

I've updated the chart above in the original post to show the info I found for leather breastplate.
    Last edited by drumpel; 03-19-2019 at 11:34 PM.

Is there any way to test how many points the racial bonuses give? Average, good, excellent and best are a bit vague.
    Last edited by Winter; 03-20-2019 at 08:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter View Post
    Is there any way to test how many points the racial bonuses give? Average, good, excellent and best are a bit vague.
    Only way to do that is roll up a character of each race, make sure they have their AGI and DEX set to give a 0 bonus. I can't roll up new characters in the test server.

Only way to do this is to actually setup new characters on a Prime account, set their stats accordingly and wait for a test server reset (not sure how often they do this). Or you can always just roll up characters in the normal game, take them out in the wilds and test on them.

9. Default

Wow on offensive stanc canceling out about 250 ranks worth of skills.

For a bard, I can see the benefit of fighting from guarded stance using 1030 on SMV2 creatures
    Last edited by gilchristr; 03-25-2019 at 01:46 AM.
    Your mind is completely fucked. It is imperative that you unfuck immediately!

I've updated the original post with more info. Read if you want. I find this SMRv2 defense against 917 interesting. If there's interest out there, I'll keep plugging away at it when I get time. If there isn't really any interest, I'll just kind of leisurely poke at it here and there over time and maybe, one day, eventually get some solid info on it.