Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Foot-worn +4 AGI Base Boots

Are they dacre boots or just add the AGI with no dacre?
    I don't use Lich. If you want to do business with me, contact me via PM, IG, or on AIM. Or maybe use smoke signals. Don't like it, get off of my lawn.

2. Default

No dacre, just +4 AGI Base. They were initially white feather-stitched slippers that I picked up... somewhere. A long time ago. They have been sitting in my locker for a decade or so because they were pretty and I had forgotten what they were. I just altered them up before I sold them because I figured they would have a broader appeal if they were a little less girly.
    Discord: Kyaloria#0165

3. Default

Last I knew, those dacre enhancives were not persistent. They were changed to give a one time warning, when they got to the last charge, but if they were made permanent, I never heard about it. If that's the case, I may need to do some digging for an old item.

27M

I've got the same ones, +4 AGI base slippers, no level req, less than 1lb

30m
    adred0111 (discord)

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Shrink2000 View Post
    Last I knew, those dacre enhancives were not persistent. They were changed to give a one time warning, when they got to the last charge, but if they were made permanent, I never heard about it. If that's the case, I may need to do some digging for an old item.

27M
    Assuming we're talking about the service provided at the initial CCF in 2009, then according to the wiki it looks like you are correct, the dacres are not permanent.

"When the dachre has only one charge left, it will give a message to its user. The user can then decide to recharge it via the Adventurer's Guild, or let the dachre crumble. The item the dachre is on will not be affected."

https://gswiki.play.net/Convocation_...ms_via_dahcres
    Last edited by MokiePrime; 03-14-2019 at 07:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MokiePrime View Post
    Assuming we're talking about the service provided at the initial CCF in 2009, then according to the wiki it looks like you are correct, the dacres are not permanent.

"When the dachre has only one charge left, it will give a message to its user. The user can then decide to recharge it via the Adventurer's Guild, or let the dachre crumble. The item the dachre is on will not be affected."

https://gswiki.play.net/Convocation_...ms_via_dahcres
    im not familiar with the dahcres... im just assuming this is a permanent enhancive item in a rare slot according to your original post... did these dahcres provide any sort of analyse info? Rolfard says he had the same slippers, actually curious of the origin now...
    adred0111 (discord)

8. Default

For the life of me I can't remember where I got them, only that I was holding on to them because they were white, and feathery, and swan like, and I run an organization called The Swans so I thought they might come in handy. I either never knew what they were or had entirely forgotten. Then the other day I stumbled across this old post of Ondreian's (I can't even remember what I was initially looking for) and saw that he had a couple of the same pair listed in his shop. So I was like, "Hey, I have a pair of those!" Had a bard check them out, and sure enough +4 Agility Base just like he had had them listed. And here we are. I'd love to know where they came from too!

Edited to Add:

To clarify, these don't have a dacre. That was a service provided at CCF. These, unlike the dacres and as stated in the initial post, persist. Their provenance is, to me at least, unknown. Maybe Rolfard remembers where his came from?
    Last edited by MokiePrime; 03-14-2019 at 07:52 PM. Reason: Clarifying Dacre

dachre items have a "look" that shows you a dachre. They are indeed not permanent, though I have a couple of them and haven't lost one yet. To me the real shortcoming of the dachre ones is that it's a script, meaning it can't hold another script without losing the dachre. These are worth more without the dachre to me. Here's what a dachre looks like:

>get black pouch
    You remove a veniom-worked black silk gem pouch from in your wool cloak.

>look at my black pouch
    You see a glyph-like mark on the black silk gem pouch:

_^_
    ( @ )
    | |
    (===)
    | & |
    (_____)

"Cooperation" is written below the mark in small, light writing.
    That is the Combat Maneuver's dachre.
    I don't use Lich. If you want to do business with me, contact me via PM, IG, or on AIM. Or maybe use smoke signals. Don't like it, get off of my lawn.

Sorry that this had been brought up.. I was just curious because of the dachres part I was not familiar with.. but I did find some clarification through a reliable source so... business as usual.
    adred0111 (discord)