Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice

Blog Entries

I don't think the game is for me. I beat Demon's Souls, Bloodborne, and DS1-3 but this game's emphasis on stealth and parrying is two things I suck at to a major degree. You also cannot grind to any significant extent, so you can't level the playing field in that regard. I think this game will definitely be up some people's alley, but not mine. I wish you all luck, you're going to need it.
    Vote for Gemstone Once a Day at The Mud Connection & Top Mud Sites

Blog Entries

How far did you make it?
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

Blog Entries

Like 5 enemies in (about 43 minutes total playtime). I instantly saw what was going to be required of me and noped the fuck out. A friend gifted me the game and I didn't want to go over 2 hours so he could get his return. $60 bucks is a lot of cash for a game there is very little chance i'll ever play. It would be bad for my health to attempt to beat this game.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkai.../#5c920d0777f7

I agree with this review 100%. You INSTANTLY see how fucked you are. I am not an above average skill gamer, just decent. There's just no way I have the patience for what Sekiro is going to ask of me.
    Last edited by Fallen; 03-22-2019 at 09:25 PM.

Meh. I beat Revengeance on the highest difficulty. This doesn't feel as rough.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Fallen View Post
    Like 5 enemies in (about 43 minutes total playtime). I instantly saw what was going to be required of me and noped the fuck out. A friend gifted me the game and I didn't want to go over 2 hours so he could get his return. $60 bucks is a lot of cash for a game there is very little chance i'll ever play. It would be bad for my health to attempt to beat this game.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkai.../#5c920d0777f7

I agree with this review 100%. You INSTANTLY see how fucked you are. I am not an above average skill gamer, just decent. There's just no way I have the patience for what Sekiro is going to ask of me.
    I'm maybe a little further than you, I guess. Did you escape the castle and make it to the first hub?

The parrying feels a little tighter here. I was always terrible at Dark Souls parrying so I mostly used larger shields and weapons, but here it's mostly do-able, though I'm sure the difficulty hasn't been ratcheted up yet. Getting ganged up on is a death sentence though, maybe moreso than DS. So far the stealth and multilevel traversing are interesting. To each their own though.

eta: after the first two story trophies the completion rate drops from 92% to like 15%, lol.
    Last edited by Taernath; 03-22-2019 at 09:57 PM.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Astray View Post
    Meh. I beat Revengeance on the highest difficulty. This doesn't feel as rough.
    There's a way to activate a higher level of difficulty early on if you're interested, but I don't want to give spoilers in case you want to find it yourself. Think Dark Souls 2 Covenant of Champions.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post
    I'm maybe a little further than you, I guess. Did you escape the castle and make it to the first hub?

The parrying feels a little tighter here. I was always terrible at Dark Souls parrying so I mostly used larger shields and weapons, but here it's mostly do-able, though I'm sure the difficulty hasn't been ratcheted up yet. Getting ganged up on is a death sentence though, maybe moreso than DS. So far the stealth and multilevel traversing are interesting. To each their own though.

eta: after the first two story trophies the completion rate drops from 92% to like 15%, lol.
    You're definitely further than me. I had troubleshooting issues with HDR when I first started. Played until I got to the first NPC, got killed by the guard when I fucked up a stealth attack. Came back and cleared out those guys and made it to the first miniboss. Got him to about 1/3 health and died. Called it there.

I never parry in Soulsborne games. It made Bloodborne easily the hardest out of all the games, but you could still level up and stock up on healing items. You could even summon help, though I did beat it with a no summon run. None of that will be an option in Sekiro. I wouldn't even classify it as a Soulsborne title. Just isn't for me.

8. Default

I feel like people are overstating the difficulty a bit. I wouldn't classify it as a Souls game either, but one thing it does have in common are the checkpoints. And idols, so far, are very frequent. The combat is challenging, I agree, but when you do die, you probably won't have to travel very far to get back to where you were. It's possible that things ramp up there later on, but I think it's overall more forgiving than I was expecting.
    You remove a pair of oval ora-framed spectacles with pale grey lenses from in your ebon linen vest.

You unfold the earpieces of your spectacles.

You put on a pair of oval ora-framed spectacles with pale grey lenses.

You think to yourself, "Deal with it."

Blog Entries

It'd be neat to see who can clear the game. If people are so inclined, post your gamertag/steam handle as you progress. Show off those trophies/achievements.
    Last edited by Fallen; 03-22-2019 at 11:00 PM.

10. Default

Sure, it'd be cool to have some GS peeps on my friends list. https://steamcommunity.com/id/jimmieramone/
    You remove a pair of oval ora-framed spectacles with pale grey lenses from in your ebon linen vest.

You unfold the earpieces of your spectacles.

You put on a pair of oval ora-framed spectacles with pale grey lenses.

You think to yourself, "Deal with it."