Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Astray View Post
    Which is it?!
    Ignoring skill trees in a game like this makes no sense. I'm not a blindfolded, no hit, no upgrade run kinda guy. I want to clear any way I can short of using a cheat engine.

I have 1 gourd upgrade along with the skill that gives you more health on drinking it. Also grabbed both stealth upgrades, and a few other random ones. I'd like the Mirikiri damage boost, but I think that'd take quite a while to unlock. Nothing else left but to fight the Ogre, The Drunkard, or (if I can get past the ogre without fighting him) those other minibosses in the castle.
    Last edited by Fallen; 03-26-2019 at 11:08 PM.
    Vote for Gemstone Once a Day at The Mud Connection & Top Mud Sites

2. Default

I wasn't planning on getting this game but I do love me a challenge.

3. Default

Oh yeah, there's no reason not to grind a little for skills. And money to buy items, for that matter. Items are extremely helpful in this game so far, IMO
    You remove a pair of oval ora-framed spectacles with pale grey lenses from in your ebon linen vest.

You unfold the earpieces of your spectacles.

You put on a pair of oval ora-framed spectacles with pale grey lenses.

You think to yourself, "Deal with it."

Blog Entries

Finished the Ogre and another General. Saw the horse boss and bailed for now. He should be doable, but I should probably push up to Jozou and see if there is anything worth getting before taking him on.

Blog Entries

Managed to kill the Shinobi hunter and the Longswordsman. Noped out of the Jozuo and Horse General fights, but have the save points right before them. Have the key from *** and ran past that terrifying headless fuck to get to the bell. Didn't ring it yet, though. Will save that for grinding for components. I'll probably try the horse boss first, Killing Jozuo only unlocks Butterfly Lady, and honestly fuck her. I'll do her once I have a few more health upgrades and the unblockable shuriken.

I cheesed that purple robed guy so bad. Just ran in circles, grabbed the raven feather prosthetic, dropped aggro and knifed him in the back. He was all over the fucking place.

Blog Entries

You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Fallen View Post
    Managed to kill the Shinobi hunter and the Longswordsman. Noped out of the Jozuo and Horse General fights, but have the save points right before them. Have the key from *** and ran past that terrifying headless fuck to get to the bell. Didn't ring it yet, though. Will save that for grinding for components. I'll probably try the horse boss first, Killing Jozuo only unlocks Butterfly Lady, and honestly fuck her. I'll do her once I have a few more health upgrades and the unblockable shuriken.

I cheesed that purple robed guy so bad. Just ran in circles, grabbed the raven feather prosthetic, dropped aggro and knifed him in the back. He was all over the fucking place.
    He reeeeeally hates it when you makiri counter his kick (the thrusting one). My roommate just ran into the temple, took the feather, fled the scene, and then came back and killed him with the prosthetic he was guarding.
    You remove a pair of oval ora-framed spectacles with pale grey lenses from in your ebon linen vest.

You unfold the earpieces of your spectacles.

You put on a pair of oval ora-framed spectacles with pale grey lenses.

You think to yourself, "Deal with it."

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Teveriel View Post
    He reeeeeally hates it when you makiri counter his kick (the thrusting one). My roommate just ran into the temple, took the feather, fled the scene, and then came back and killed him with the prosthetic he was guarding.
    That fucker respawns. I was farming the area and tried to fight him fair. Whooped my ass so I ran for it.

Beat Horse boss, he wasn't too bad at all. That bull is going to be a fucking problem, though. Fighting the camera just as much as you are him.

Quote Originally Posted by Fallen View Post
    Like 5 enemies in (about 43 minutes total playtime). I instantly saw what was going to be required of me and noped the fuck out. A friend gifted me the game and I didn't want to go over 2 hours so he could get his return. $60 bucks is a lot of cash for a game there is very little chance i'll ever play. It would be bad for my health to attempt to beat this game.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkai.../#5c920d0777f7

I agree with this review 100%. You INSTANTLY see how fucked you are. I am not an above average skill gamer, just decent. There's just no way I have the patience for what Sekiro is going to ask of me.
    "Thus you are left facing enormously challenging enemies, losing XP and currency (almost) every time you die, unable to summon help or grind to improve stats (though you can to earn more skills . . .) carving your way through a demonic version of Sengoku Japan. All you have is your skill and your wits.

It's a sublime distillation of everything that makes the Souls games so amazing, but it truly is more challenging than any of those games by a very long mile. I am not exaggerating here. I think Sekiro may be one of the very best games ever made, but it is not going to be for everyone. I still recommend that everyone gives it a shot. It takes patience but it's just such a well-crafted action game, I've never played anything quite like it."

Yeah, fuck that. I literally blew through three controllers on DS3... brilliant game but it did bad things to my mental state. I think I'll try the new Yoshi game on Switch instead...

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Merzbow View Post

Yeah, fuck that. I literally blew through three controllers on DS3... brilliant game but it did bad things to my mental state. I think I'll try the new Yoshi game on Switch instead...