Thread: almost 20 elven warrior

Default almost 20 elven warrior

Just checking to make sure I am not going to have too many issue while leveling
    2x shield,ohe,dodge,cman,percep
    1x MoC,ambush,PF
    30 ranks armor(will probably keep at 1.5 until MoC @ 60, and ambush @ 40)
    .5x climb/swim

I have a 5x tower shield, 5x falchion, 5x handaxe, 6x brig.

stats are set for all 98's with 99 logic at cap, will be switching to polearm/shield once my agi/dex gets high enough.
    W3 4R3 4N0NYM0U5.
    W3 4R3 L3610N.
    W3 D0 N07 F0R61V3.
    W3 D0 N07 F0R637.

2. Default

I had a very similar character (OHE spear and tower shield build) I got up to around level 80 before I hung it up. First, doubling dodge is expensive overkill for what you're doing and planning to do with very little benefit. You'll be fine just 1x dodge for life, and you'll save a bunch of tps. I would dump those tp's into physical fitness and armor until you can wear plate comfortably, then dump those tp's into shield.... that's where you'll derive your DS. Also, my warrior did just fine with only 30 ranks ambush. I would advise stopping there and then dumping those tp's into shield, if you feel you need more you can always pick up more... once you hit level 40 or so, I don't think you'll notice a difference. Personally, I would trade doubling perception and singling PF into doubling PF and singling perception. PF will be much more beneficial for you with stamina.

Quote Originally Posted by n0551n3n0m1n3 View Post
    Just checking to make sure I am not going to have too many issue while leveling
    2x shield,ohe,dodge,cman,percep
    1x MoC,ambush,PF
    30 ranks armor(will probably keep at 1.5 until MoC @ 60, and ambush @ 40)
    .5x climb/swim

I have a 5x tower shield, 5x falchion, 5x handaxe, 6x brig.

stats are set for all 98's with 99 logic at cap, will be switching to polearm/shield once my agi/dex gets high enough.
    Don't worry about 2x'ing Dodge if you've got a tower shield, 1x should be just fine. Dump those TP's into Armor Use, to get up to 80 (for MBP) or 140 (for FP), asap. 2x PF would probably do you more use than perception, at least up to a certain point, I imagine.

Basically, what Sighisoara said!
    ~Crazy Cat Lady, Player of Cylnthia~

4. Default

Heck, this early with a tower shield, you could even opt to skip the dodge altogether, down to 0 or 0.5x. You aren't in real maneuver trouble for another 20 or 30 levels, so you're basically dumping it in for a minute amount of extra DS, where you could be getting into full plate faster or getting up your focused mstrikes to 5/30/55/90, then catch up the dodge later.

Also, with your MoC and armor training, don't hamstring yourself just going 1x, 2x, whateverX. Hit your breakpoints, dump points in where you need them elsewhere, then hit your next breakpoint when you can. Having 28 ranks of MoC is not a big concern for you right now just for force on force. Hitting 30 is, then you stop, and you've got points to put in other stuff that will benefit you right now, like extra armor, to hit the next breakpoint for your next upgrade. Same goes the other way. When you have your armor breakpoints and you're not gonna change for a while, dump those points in someplace else. Early on you're always hurting for points. Use 'em efficiently.

Plot it out on the training spreadsheet, see what level you can hit X breakpoint by rushing such and such, and make a call to rush it there then catch up on the nonessentials after. Repeat until cap.
    Last edited by Stumplicker; 03-08-2019 at 02:18 PM.

If you use a tower shield, you don't need dodge at all and you'll never miss it.

Instead of a new thread I'll necro an oldish one.

Another question regarding shield maneuvers, cmans, and armor spec, which ones should I focus first?

I was thinking prop up + trample for shield, at least rank 3 of the guild skills as cmans to help them progress easier(most cmans will trigger the requirement for gld ranks[i.e. berserk critter tasks can be done using cman berserk rather than gld berserk]). Then the obvious support for armor spec.

When I get extra points where should I focus as I level to 40 and beyond as an ohe/tower shield
    W3 4R3 4N0NYM0U5.
    W3 4R3 L3610N.
    W3 D0 N07 F0R61V3.
    W3 D0 N07 F0R637.