Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Interesting Things Found On Pawnshop Tables

Default Interesting Things Found On Pawnshop Tables

Code:
    You carefully inspect a bronze-tipped eonake war mattock for sale.
    It imparts a bonus of +20 more than usual.
    It is a holy item.
    It helps defend its wielder with a bonus of 6.
    It has been temporarily enhanced.
    Its enhancement will degrade when it scores a successful strike.
    It should have quite a few uses left before the enhancement degrades away completely.
    When its enhancement has degraded away, the item will lose its ability to inflict greater damage.
    It appears to weigh about 4 pounds.
    It looks like this item has been mainly crafted out of eonake.
    It is exceptionally weighted to inflict more critical wounds.

After a careful inspection you determine that a bronze-tipped eonake war mattock requires skill in twohanded weapons to use effectively.
    >get matt
    A sales clerk rushes over to assist you.

The sales clerk smiles and says, "Here, let me help you with that.  Here we have a bronze-tipped eonake war mattock.  I simply couldn't let this go for any less than 21469050 silvers."

The sales clerk says, "You can BUY the eonake war mattock if you like."
    ~Crazy Cat Lady, Player of Cylnthia~

Blog Entries

Buy it.

(Don't)
    Last edited by Gelston; 03-05-2019 at 01:52 PM.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    Buy it.

(Don't)
    Even if I had 21mil worth of silvers, I still wouldn't buy it. heh

Code:
    You carefully inspect some polished double leather for sale.
    It imparts a bonus of +10 more than usual.
    It provides a boost of 10 to Spell Aiming Bonus.
        This enhancement may not be used by adventurers who have not trained 33 times.
    It provides a boost of 6 to Max Mana.
        This enhancement may not be used by adventurers who have not trained 13 times.
    It provides a boost of 4 to Mana Recovery.
        This enhancement may not be used by adventurers who have not trained 20 times.
    It provides a boost of 2 to Elemental Lore - Fire Bonus.
        This enhancement may not be used by adventurers who have not trained 3 times.
    The leather looks to have several charges remaining.
    It will persist after its last charge is depleted.
    It appears to weigh about 16 pounds.
    It looks like this item has been mainly crafted out of leather.

The sales clerk smiles and says, "Here, let me help you with that.  Here we have some polished double leather.  I simply couldn't let this go for any less than 240,900 silvers."
    Yoinked
    Discord: Kyaloria#0165

Quote Originally Posted by MokiePrime View Post
    Code:
    You carefully inspect some polished double leather for sale.
    It imparts a bonus of +10 more than usual.
    It provides a boost of 10 to Spell Aiming Bonus.
        This enhancement may not be used by adventurers who have not trained 33 times.
    It provides a boost of 6 to Max Mana.
        This enhancement may not be used by adventurers who have not trained 13 times.
    It provides a boost of 4 to Mana Recovery.
        This enhancement may not be used by adventurers who have not trained 20 times.
    It provides a boost of 2 to Elemental Lore - Fire Bonus.
        This enhancement may not be used by adventurers who have not trained 3 times.
    The leather looks to have several charges remaining.
    It appears to weigh about 16 pounds.
    It looks like this item has been mainly crafted out of leather.

The sales clerk smiles and says, "Here, let me help you with that.  Here we have some polished double leather.  I simply couldn't let this go for any less than 240,900 silvers."
    Yoinked
    Nice find!

Quote Originally Posted by mgoddess View Post
    Nice find!
    Thanks! I'm pretty damned happy with it. I play a bolting empath wearing 6x vanilla doubles, so they will be quite the upgrade for me when I have them finished being worked on.

Also found this beauty the other day...

an artistically dyed glowbark shield ~ Polished to a mirror finish, the dyed glowbark shield is artistically dyed with varying pigments to create the scene of a sprawling elven city perched within the cliffs of an island. Undyed segments lend the walls, roofs, and patios of the metropolis a luminous quality that is only enhanced by the careful lines of verdant and ebon pigments that create wide open windows, curtained doorways, and verdant tropical foliage. Deep blues and chocolate browns decorate the bottom where a harbor encircled by calm seas rests. On the reverse of the shield, a complex webbing of oiled leather straps and polished buckles forms an intricate arm harness. The straps are arranged in a pattern that appears able to secure a weapon within.

You carefully inspect an artistically dyed glowbark shield for sale.
    It imparts a bonus of +22 more than usual.
    It provides a boost of 5 to Multi Opponent Combat Ranks.
    It provides a boost of 5 to Dexterity Base.
    The shield looks to have a lot of charges remaining.
    It appears to weigh about 9 pounds.
    It looks like this item has been mainly crafted out of glowbark.

Your careful inspection of an artistically dyed glowbark shield allows you to conclude that it is a medium shield that protects the bearer if carried in the left hand.

You analyze your dyed glowbark shield and sense that the item is largely free from merchant alteration restrictions.

The creator has also provided the following information:
    You get a strong sense that the shield can be altered by any merchant as long as the harness" remains in place.

Currently you are able to use DROP, RUB (Get Weapon), TURN, COWER, and PUNCH/KILL/SLAP/BATTER on the dyed glowbark shield. The size of the weapon that can be stored in the shield's harness is dependent on the size of the shield.

You might be able to have a talented merchant lighten the dyed glowbark shield for you.[/B][/B]

Out of curiosity, can those leathers be reliably player enchanted? I have never tried to enchant an enhancive item as I never wanted to mess with the pre-temper potions. If they can, that can be a really good item after some work. Even if not, it's an awesome item for a mid-level alt.

DR is great for finding stuff at the pawnshop. I found a couple of enhancives and rechargeable/empowerable items at the pawnshop this run that are very useful.

Quote Originally Posted by malmuddy View Post
    Out of curiosity, can those leathers be reliably player enchanted? I have never tried to enchant an enhancive item as I never wanted to mess with the pre-temper potions. If they can, that can be a really good item after some work. Even if not, it's an awesome item for a mid-level alt.

DR is great for finding stuff at the pawnshop. I found a couple of enhancives and rechargeable/empowerable items at the pawnshop this run that are very useful.
    I think you can probably get it to 4x with a well trained mage but after that, no clue.

At 2x the read from the mage working on them is "Unless you are horribly unlucky, you should have no trouble enchanting some polished double leather." I know that doesn't give a real clear picture on what it will look like over 4x, but the armor is too nice not to try.

10. Default

More fun things at the pawn! The leathers are 5x now, by the way, with 2 points of crit padding, and with the new changes taking them higher shouldn't pose a problem at all.

You carefully inspect an old rusted mace for sale.
    It imparts a bonus of +25 more than usual.
    It is a holy item.
    It appears to weigh about 8 pounds.
    It looks like this item has been mainly crafted out of vultite.
    It is decently weighted to inflict more damage.
    The mace requires skill in blunt weapons to use effectively.

>look my mace
    This old weapon seems to have been left out in the rain one too many times. Forged ideally for combat, this mace seems to have now been changed more into a landscaping decoration than anything else. You also notice a small enchanter's glyph.

You carefully inspect a small rusted shield for sale.
    It imparts a bonus of +25 more than usual.
    It appears to weigh about 4 pounds.
    It looks like this item has been mainly crafted out of vultite.
    The shield is a medium shield that protects the bearer if carried in the left hand.
    The shield can be worn, slinging it across the shoulders and back. The shield appears to serve some purpose.

>look rust shi
    This shield looks horribly battered and ravaged by the elements. Barely visible amongst the rust, the letters "HDS" have been scratched into the surface.

Boxfound that didn't spark someone's interest I'm guessing? It makes me think someone's dead and forgotten grandpa paladin is out there somewhere. It's a little sad