2 14.29%
  • Wyrom needing more money

5 35.71%
  • people being dum

7 50.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: dumb people or not enough money earned or just being nice

Default dumb people or not enough money earned or just being nice

So wyrom is extending books sales till eeverything is closed. Says it's because of confusion.

Personally I read it and saw books would stop selling on the 28th and the grounds would close on the 3rd. I am not sure what is confusing so with that being the case, is it.

dum misspelled on purpose
    Last edited by beldannon5; 02-28-2019 at 01:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by beldannon5 View Post
    So wyrom is extending books sales till eeverything is closed. Says it's because of confusion.

Personally I read it and saw books would stop selling on the 28th and the grounds would close on the 3rd. I am not sure what is confusing so with that being the case, is it.

dum misspelled on purpose
    Why are you so emotional about this? Cutting book sales before the close of the event was dumb. Glad he changed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Fortybox View Post
    Why are you so emotional about this? Cutting book sales before the close of the event was dumb. Glad he changed it.
    Yeah. Either it's open or it's not. I think it's best this way. I also 100% believe that people were confused by the messaging around it and that it's easier to just have everything open to solve that.

I mean, the confusion was between two possibilities.

A: Book sales stop on Thursday and the DR grounds and activities will stay open till Sunday.
    or
    B: The grounds and activities will be closed on Thursday, but Book sales to those closed events will remain open until Sunday.

I'm not saying people weren't confused, I'm just saying I don't have much sympathy for it.
    But it also doesn't make any difference to my plans or budget so I don't really have any complaints or cares about the change.
    "Hi, my name is Ososis and I'm blaming my shitty life for being such a fragile, soy drinking, emotionally unstable loser. My triggers are: Red reputation, ANY mention of MacGuyver and being called a fragile, soy drinking, emotionally unstable loser."

5. Default

I told you how this works last DR, and the DR before it. You didn't believe me then. Maybe you'll believe me now. There was always an intent to keep selling books to the end. The marketing strategy employed here is to create the illusion of scarcity while the event is still going. This is tougher to do with a digital product with infinity available quantity than it is with an iPhone (a real world example of this marketing strategy).

So you say that you're going to stop sales a few days before the end of the event. People stock up because supply is about to go away. Then you wait til the last moment and say "nevermind. We'll extend it, by popular demand!". That way you get to have your cake and eat it too. You've created the illusion of scarcity on a product with infinity quantity, and you still get to keep selling after that. It's one of the less objectionable marketing strategies employed by the company; one I don't really take issue with.
    Last edited by Stumplicker; 02-28-2019 at 01:59 PM.

I agree on the analyse done by Flimbo.

I can even add the following: the average of the first wave is less than the average of the second wave, in all proportion
    Ardwen the submitive: [LNet]-GSIV:Ardwen: "not like I was given a choice to opt out of bro mode, bro"

I wanted it closed after 10 days. I just thought the whole waffling that he does is kind of ridiculous. I like some of the things he does but it gets a little ridiculous changing thing because one or two people are vocal about something or just stupid

I don't give a fuck about this whole thing, but has there ever been a DR where Simu didn't change their minds about something in the middle of the event? Seems like there's always some shit happening like that, good or bad. Usually bad.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Blog Entries

$$$
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

It's going to reach the point where bloodscrip will no longer be viable to farm for $$$ and at that point DR is done. Then they will come up with some new phishing scheme and start over on the people gullible enough to keep propping this sinking microcurrency ship they have aflota.

Why? Because racecar.