Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GEMSTONE 4 and Silver market dying / breaking point

Default GEMSTONE 4 and Silver market dying / breaking point

As all matters in 2019, there's no gray zone, there's 2 sides, those that believe it's about to die, those that just don't care or don't believe.

Anyway, let's analyse this differently.

WHAT do you think the breaking point is in term of silver values, at that value farmers will say: screw this, it's not worth it anymore?

I throw some more details in this analyse:

Considerating (hypothesis):

0) Silvers had reach an historical low (1.XX per?)
    a) Players are part of the problem: They are selling like a firesale (Dergo style: 1 dollars less than "average value)
    b) Simu is part of the problem: isn't throwing reasons to make em raise in value (events or merchants or WPS services)

What will be the currency used by people to merchant between themselves? BS? That's a paid currency, so it opens up other problems:

1) if it's mainly used, since it's a currency you must pay with real dollars and farm to get it, it has a value between
    a) the floor (cost in real dollars to get entries(3.XX $ per 1k BS)
    b) the ceiling (depending if there's an event, items are worth to get, et cetera)

2) An inflation / delflation of BS therefore?
    a) Since we can set a value of it (1a to 1b), it depends on other variables.

3) How people will "farm" them in order to buy stuff?
    a) must pay real dollars and farm event causing:
    aa) more dollars to simu (ain't a problem)
    bb) more BS circulating ( BS going closer to the floor value, 1A)

b) pay with already too low silvers in order to get em?
    aa) will people even accept silvers worth to close to nothing? (if BS is worth 6$ per 1k, would people accept 6m for 1k and be stuck with said silvers?)
    aaa) let's say they accept the trade: By trading silvers for BS, will that raise value of silvers, therefore "solving the problem" in itself?
    bb) people won't accept said silvers, crashing the silver market down.

c) simply not having BS to merchant, therefore create 2 sides: people that can merchant and people that cannot
    aa) impacts: cliving even further the gap between people with the real stuff and the rest
    bb) Simu, to mitigate that, will put ways to get BS or stuff?

4) Classic farmers (people farming to make cash)
    a) Will have only BS to farm in order to make cash
    aa) Since silvers will be hard to use to get BS, will need to invest real dollars to get bs
    aaa) Impacts: a possibility some farmers won't do it since value of BS is fluctuant depending on events
    bb) how do you farm outside of events, then?
    bbb) merchanting? Since people got less ways to buy, it'd be harder, less possible client
    cc) Why continue playing if you are post cap with no incitative to get value from your time?
    ccc) get more exp ...? breaking point where the funfactor is no more is when?
    dd) a fall of values of characters since post cap skills won't matter much as you cannot monetize your time INGAME (outside of events)
    ddd) then what's the use to get more EXP post cap?

I see a clear correlation with silvers and many problems happening and getting worst with said analyse here.
    Last edited by Murrandii; 02-28-2019 at 08:09 AM.
    Ardwen the submitive: [LNet]-GSIV:Ardwen: "not like I was given a choice to opt out of bro mode, bro"

Fuck off McGyver.
    "Hi, my name is Ososis and I'm blaming my shitty life for being such a fragile, soy drinking, emotionally unstable loser. My triggers are: Red reputation, ANY mention of MacGuyver and being called a fragile, soy drinking, emotionally unstable loser."

From dalabrac is macguyver thread:

Quote Originally Posted by Ososis View Post

First off, Murrandii, I'm sorry for continuing (though not starting) the rumor that you were McGyver. It appears I was incorrect and I am willing to admit that.

Secondly. You behaved like an absolute piece of garbage, telling tall tales, evading questions, making up lies. etc. You may not be McGyver, but you are still a pretty big pile of shit, I hope you can understand why I would think that you two could be the same person.
    Ardwen the submitive: [LNet]-GSIV:Ardwen: "not like I was given a choice to opt out of bro mode, bro"

Blog Entries

This is a very macgyver post.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    Because it is macgyver. It was established that murrandii is macgyver long ago. Murrandii stating differently recently is simply more trolling for attention.

Quote Originally Posted by Murrandii View Post
    As all matters in 2019, there's no gray zone, there's 2 sides, those that believe it's about to die, those that just don't care or don't believe.

Anyway, let's analyse this differently.

WHAT do you think the breaking point is in term of silver values, at that value farmers will say: screw this, it's not worth it anymore?

I throw some more details in this analyse:

Considerating (hypothesis):

0) Silvers had reach an historical low (1.XX per?)
    a) Players are part of the problem: They are selling like a firesale (Dergo style: 1 dollars less than "average value)
    b) Simu is part of the problem: isn't throwing reasons to make em raise in value (events or merchants or WPS services)

What will be the currency used by people to merchant between themselves? BS? That's a paid currency, so it opens up other problems:

1) if it's mainly used, since it's a currency you must pay with real dollars and farm to get it, it has a value between
    a) the floor (cost in real dollars to get entries(3.XX $ per 1k BS)
    b) the ceiling (depending if there's an event, items are worth to get, et cetera)

2) An inflation / delflation of BS therefore?
    a) Since we can set a value of it (1a to 1b), it depends on other variables.

3) How people will "farm" them in order to buy stuff?
    a) must pay real dollars and farm event causing:
    aa) more dollars to simu (ain't a problem)
    bb) more BS circulating ( BS going closer to the floor value, 1A)

b) pay with already too low silvers in order to get em?
    aa) will people even accept silvers worth to close to nothing? (if BS is worth 6$ per 1k, would people accept 6m for 1k and be stuck with said silvers?)
    aaa) let's say they accept the trade: By trading silvers for BS, will that raise value of silvers, therefore "solving the problem" in itself?
    bb) people won't accept said silvers, crashing the silver market down.

c) simply not having BS to merchant, therefore create 2 sides: people that can merchant and people that cannot
    aa) impacts: cliving even further the gap between people with the real stuff and the rest
    bb) Simu, to mitigate that, will put ways to get BS or stuff?

4) Classic farmers (people farming to make cash)
    a) Will have only BS to farm in order to make cash
    aa) Since silvers will be hard to use to get BS, will need to invest real dollars to get bs
    aaa) Impacts: a possibility some farmers won't do it since value of BS is fluctuant depending on events
    bb) how do you farm outside of events, then?
    bbb) merchanting? Since people got less ways to buy, it'd be harder, less possible client
    cc) Why continue playing if you are post cap with no incitative to get value from your time?
    ccc) get more exp ...? breaking point where the funfactor is no more is when?
    dd) a fall of values of characters since post cap skills won't matter much as you cannot monetize your time INGAME (outside of events)
    ddd) then what's the use to get more EXP post cap?

I see a clear correlation with silvers and many problems happening and getting worst with said analyse here.
    Shut up Macguyver.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

How about F, you're a gimp?

GS will die within a year or 2 after silvers become completely worthless if no major changes are made.

Either that, or 99% of who's left will be whales and Simu will have to just pray they never leave. But with no one else there to stroke their epeens over their $5000 armor or whatever, they'll get bored too.
    Last edited by Methais; 02-28-2019 at 12:28 PM.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

10. Default

How many people still play Gemstone? Is it still like $12 bucks a month?