Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Duskruin Auction Prize: an ivory-hafted morning star

Default Duskruin Auction Prize: an ivory-hafted morning star

For anyone who is curious about the morning star that went up for auction this past weekend during Duskruin, here's the info.

Long story short- the weapon script is known as Kai's Blessing. These weapons were released a looooong time ago at an auction (Ardwen may be able to tell us when) in two forms: permanent and temporary. Permanent versions had each of the flares below, and temporary versions each had one of the flares below (and eventually the weapon would become just a regular weapon again). This particular weapon was a re-release from the Foen's Promise auction that was generously donated by Wyrom from his own locker. It's unclear whether there are still any other permanent Kai's Blessing weapons still around.

Kai's Blessing Flare Types:
    -Knockdown/Prone
    -Round Time (10-30 seconds ish)
    -Stun (stuns for a few rounds and also inflicts RT up to 60 seconds)
    -Double strike (ala Coraesine)
    -Frenzy- forces the target into stance offensive for a significant amount of time

The weapon has an active and inactive state. Tapping switches between them, and stowing the weapon automatically puts it into inactive state. The longer the weapon is in active state, the more powerful the flares become. Switching to inactive state resets this timer. While active, the weapon is also sanctified.
    Last edited by time4fun; 02-27-2019 at 01:22 AM.

Blog Entries

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. ~ Marcus Aurelius
    “It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

“The urge to shout filthy words at the top of his voice was as strong as ever.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    For anyone who is curious about the morning star that went up for auction this past weekend during Duskruin, here's the info.

Long story short- the weapon script is known as Kai's Blessing. These weapons were released a looooong time ago at an auction (Ardwen may be able to tell us when) in two forms: permanent and temporary. Permanent versions had each of the flares below, and temporary versions each had one of the flares below (and eventually the weapon would become just a regular weapon again). This particular weapon was a re-release from the Foen's Promise auction that was generously donated by Wyrom from his own locker. It's unclear whether there are still any other permanent Kai's Blessing weapons still around.

Kai's Blessing Flare Types:
    -Knockdown/Prone
    -Round Time (10-30 seconds ish)
    -Stun (stuns for a few rounds and also inflicts RT up to 60 seconds)
    -Double strike (ala Coraesine)
    -Frenzy- forces the target into stance offensive for a significant amount of time

The weapon has an active and inactive state. Tapping switches between them, and stowing the weapon automatically puts it into inactive state. The longer the weapon is in active state, the more powerful the flares become. Switching to inactive state resets this timer. While active, the weapon is also sanctified.
    Between that at the Dwarven warblade i guess we're out of ideas and HESS revamp 2019 is just going to be "old people's lockers"
    Mithrilschlong, 2015-03-10 to slightly later on 2015-03-10. You will not be forgotten!
    usable Meteor Swarm, late 2020-12-30 to early 2020-12-31. You will also not be forgotten!

Blog Entries

I think it would be great if they released more Arkati specific flares like this.
    No, I am not Drauz in game.

Thanks for the info! I was def curious. Congrats on the win.

Quote Originally Posted by Donquix View Post
    Between that at the Dwarven warblade i guess we're out of ideas and HESS revamp 2019 is just going to be "old people's lockers"
    How did you manage to turn a really generous act by a GM into a prophecy of doom and gloom for the next DR?

Quote Originally Posted by Amerek View Post
    Thanks for the info! I was def curious. Congrats on the win.
    Thanks! It's a really neat weapon, and I have Derg to thank for it. I was flying back from my brother's funeral at the time, and I lost wifi when this went up. He very graciously sacrificed his own ability to bid for me.

I'd for sure focus on getting a morning star after putting a family member in the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by Roiken View Post
    I'd for sure focus on getting a morning star after putting a family member in the ground.
    Wow

Quote Originally Posted by Donquix View Post
    I hope they bring back Enegue's eye lasers.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible