Thread: Practical difference between 82 and 100 in Con stat?

Default Practical difference between 82 and 100 in Con stat?

Been thinking about taking advantage of the FIXSTAT potion sale to correct a mistake in Avaias' stats. At the moment her CON is 82, which is fine really.....except for the fact that I have been staring at it for years thinking "If I hadn't screwed something up in her reallocation it would be 100."

What I am curious is the actual, practical difference between 82 and 100. Encumbrance, mostly. Critical hit resistance the wiki says. Would it make a noticeable difference? 9 HP I could care less about.

Resistance to disease and health are probably pretty much useless at 82 compared to 100. Crit resistance is probably such a small figure you would never even know the difference and I don't think we even know how much CON helps with crit resistance.

We know exactly how encumbrance works though.

https://gswiki.play.net/Encumbrance

So for example if you were a Burghal Gnome with a 100 strength stat you're looking at a carrying capacity boost 3.24 pounds (about a 7% increase) by getting CON up to 100

Thanks, Tgo.

If I did my math correctly it would result in approximately a 6% increase. Not exactly newsworthy. Seems like a lot of Simucoin to spend on not much, even at half price.

Quote Originally Posted by Avaia View Post
    Been thinking about taking advantage of the FIXSTAT potion sale to correct a mistake in Avaias' stats. At the moment her CON is 82, which is fine really.....except for the fact that I have been staring at it for years thinking "If I hadn't screwed something up in her reallocation it would be 100."

What I am curious is the actual, practical difference between 82 and 100. Encumbrance, mostly. Critical hit resistance the wiki says. Would it make a noticeable difference? 9 HP I could care less about.
    Just get it for free by collecting bounty points.

Quote Originally Posted by Fortybox View Post
    Just get it for free by collecting bounty points.
    It would basically be free since I would just use accrued monthly Simucoins that are sitting there because I don't Duskruin or other paid event.

Still .. seems hardly worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Avaia View Post
    It would basically be free since I would just use accrued monthly Simucoins that are sitting there because I don't Duskruin or other paid event.

Still .. seems hardly worth it.
    If your other stats are ok, you'll be fine. Fixstats is just to look at pretty numbers 99% of the time but in reality will usually have minimal impact on actual combat vs. one's old stats unless they really fucked them up.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible