Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: TheVerge Lootbox Article

The weird thing is the way WoW has handles their holiday events has changed to a better model than Simu has over the years. While the WoW events never cost money (other than the monthly subscription cost) almost all of the items you wanted were just complete random chance. While there are still some rare items with only a random chance to get them, most of the prizes have been setup so you can buy them with currency you can grind out by doing dailies or other quests during the holidays. Simu seems to be going the other way with all of these random chance games that cost real money to begin with.

Also I'm bored with WoW again :/

I got back into it for like a month leveling up alts but even that's boring now.

Now I've been getting back into Overwatch, which has lootboxes you can buy but shit I've got almost everything unlocked just by finding shit at random in the free lootboxes or buying them with the credits you get from free lootboxes.

It's literally an arcade. Tokens to play the games and tickets that you trade for shit. Every so often you get lucky and you RNG something worthwhile but inevitably what you're doing is gambling.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    The weird thing is the way WoW has handles their holiday events has changed to a better model than Simu has over the years. While the WoW events never cost money (other than the monthly subscription cost) almost all of the items you wanted were just complete random chance. While there are still some rare items with only a random chance to get them, most of the prizes have been setup so you can buy them with currency you can grind out by doing dailies or other quests during the holidays. Simu seems to be going the other way with all of these random chance games that cost real money to begin with.

I got back into it for like a month leveling up alts but even that's boring now.

Now I've been getting back into Overwatch, which has lootboxes you can buy but shit I've got almost everything unlocked just by finding shit at random in the free lootboxes or buying them with the credits you get from free lootboxes.
    I bought the last expansion of WoW around August I think last year, and canceled my account (which I was paying 6 months at a time for) before it ever was launched. Like GS did for me years and years ago, the sense of community died. I stopped really caring about WoW when they started doing the raids you could join for insta loot and killed casual guilds.

I do miss it from time to time, but every time I've gone back in, it's just a bunch of trolls in general chat, and guilds are virtually non-existent any more.

Quote Originally Posted by LaVerdad View Post
    I bought the last expansion of WoW around August I think last year, and canceled my account (which I was paying 6 months at a time for) before it ever was launched. Like GS did for me years and years ago, the sense of community died. I stopped really caring about WoW when they started doing the raids you could join for insta loot and killed casual guilds.

I do miss it from time to time, but every time I've gone back in, it's just a bunch of trolls in general chat, and guilds are virtually non-existent any more.
    Yeah the sense of community being dead is probably what disappointed me the most about returning to WoW. Being in a guild back in the day used to be a big deal, making friends, chatting, looking for people to group with. I like the fact they made dungeons and raids more accessible but a guild seems almost useless these days, I'm in 4 different guilds between characters and there are only a couple of hours a day when there are even more than 5 people on any of them, the only time there is more is for a raid night. Other than that the guild is mostly offline and even when people are on no one is talking.

When I think of some people that have dozens of accounts just closing them all in a day would result in some form of action. If not an outright statement on the 'state of the game'.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lindarose11 View Post
    Great post,Thanks for providing us this great knowledge,Keep it up.
    Potty Racers 3
    @wrathbringer
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post
    @wrathbringer

Quote Originally Posted by Pereus View Post
    Interesting read, basically follows up on the ongoing FTC investigation of lootbox mechanics (like Duskuin).

https://www.theverge.com/2019/2/19/1...g-free-to-play

Remind anyone of some players?
    That was probably Beldannon.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post

You should check out Paladins. It's pretty similar to Overwatch, but with more variety in its 40 classes. And it's F2P with all the characters being unlockable via in game currency that you earn just from playing. Or you can pay $30 to unlock them all and any future characters that come out.

Graphics aren't quite as polished as OW but it still looks pretty good and I've been having assloads of fun with it lately. Jumped on Overwatch for a couple matches after and was like meh.
    Last edited by Methais; 03-15-2019 at 09:58 AM.
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.

Quote Originally Posted by Astray View Post
    It's literally an arcade. Tokens to play the games and tickets that you trade for shit. Every so often you get lucky and you RNG something worthwhile but inevitably what you're doing is gambling.
    I wouldn't consider converting cash to tickets to buy something as gambling. Otherwise every arcade would be 21+ to enter. Most "ticket" games in an arcade, like skee ball or even DR Arena in P2Wstone, are considered skill based as opposed to luck based, and I'm pretty sure being skill based disqualifies it from being labeled as gambling.

DR dig and shit like that though is totally gambling as they're completely luck/RNG based.
    Last edited by Methais; 03-15-2019 at 10:06 AM.