Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 31 to 37 of 37

Thread: TheVerge Lootbox Article

  1. #31

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Astray View Post
    It's literally an arcade. Tokens to play the games and tickets that you trade for shit. Every so often you get lucky and you RNG something worthwhile but inevitably what you're doing is gambling.
    I wouldn't consider converting cash to tickets to buy something as gambling. Otherwise every arcade would be 21+ to enter. Most "ticket" games in an arcade, like skee ball or even DR Arena in P2Wstone, are considered skill based as opposed to luck based, and I'm pretty sure being skill based disqualifies it from being labeled as gambling.

    DR dig and shit like that though is totally gambling as they're completely luck/RNG based.
    Last edited by Methais; 03-15-2019 at 10:06 AM.
    www.twitch.tv/3piecesofbread
    Quote Originally Posted by Back
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman.



    Quote Originally Posted by Androidpk View Post
    And feel free to get me banned, not going to stop my lawyer from sending Kranar a subpoena for IP information on a couple of people.

  2. #32

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    I wouldn't consider converting cash to tickets to buy something as gambling. Otherwise every arcade would be 21+ to enter. Most "ticket" games in an arcade, like skee ball or even DR Arena in P2Wstone, are considered skill based as opposed to luck based, and I'm pretty sure being skill based disqualifies it from being labeled as gambling.
    Eh, maybe you could have argued "skill" a year ago but not anymore. It used to take effort to succeed. Now...shit what was the hustle? An army of level 19 F2Ps getting max BS in 14 seconds? I threw my junk mule into the area for shits and giggles. 2.5k entries later and and he has a 96% perfect rating. Now it's not about skills or ability or anything beyond showing up and putting in the time (and not picking obviously stupid, mechanically destructive RP choices like "being a ranger")
    A kobold points at you and yells, "Mine! Chasin!"

  3. #33

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ososis View Post
    Eh, maybe you could have argued "skill" a year ago but not anymore. It used to take effort to succeed. Now...shit what was the hustle? An army of level 19 F2Ps getting max BS in 14 seconds? I threw my junk mule into the area for shits and giggles. 2.5k entries later and and he has a 96% perfect rating. Now it's not about skills or ability or anything beyond showing up and putting in the time (and not picking obviously stupid, mechanically destructive RP choices like "being a ranger")
    I mean "skill" as in you have control over the outcome as opposed to just relying on blind luck like with a slot machine. Which is also why DR Dig is gambling. The fact that Arena is even easier now and takes pretty much no effort like you said just reinforces my point.
    Last edited by Methais; 03-15-2019 at 12:20 PM.
    www.twitch.tv/3piecesofbread
    Quote Originally Posted by Back
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman.



    Quote Originally Posted by Androidpk View Post
    And feel free to get me banned, not going to stop my lawyer from sending Kranar a subpoena for IP information on a couple of people.

  4. #34

    Default

    What is really sad, is all the Simu worshipers who defend this crap, like the game is getting better because of it. (Sure, some improvements have come from it, like certain things being more available. But I'd say we've taken 1 step forward and 2 steps back.).

    Meanwhile, dev outside this pay to win crap has plummeted compared to how it used to be.

    For all the profits they are making, we should have bloody GSV by now!!

    Honestly, though only certain aspects of the pay events are RNG, it's actually WORSE than most lootboxes in other games, because you are getting items and bonuses that give your character an advantage that is unobtainable through other means. And some skills, like ranged/thrown, are literally broken unless you get through the paywall, and are fortunate enough to get one of the limited available items.

    And man, when I hear the kind of money people throw down on these pay events...I just can't even understand it. Have we really come to a point where some virtual item is worth thousands of dollars? So crazy....
    Last edited by Mobius1; 03-15-2019 at 05:39 PM.

  5. #35

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    like skee ball
    Skeeball is bullshit.
    Last edited by Astray; 03-15-2019 at 05:48 PM.

  6. #36

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mobius1 View Post
    What is really sad, is all the Simu worshipers who defend this crap, like the game is getting better because of it. (Sure, some improvements have come from it, like certain things being more available. But I'd say we've taken 1 step forward and 2 steps back.).

    Meanwhile, dev outside this pay to win crap has plummeted compared to how it used to be.

    For all the profits they are making, we should have bloody GSV by now!!

    Honestly, though only certain aspects of the pay events are RNG, it's actually WORSE than most lootboxes in other games, because you are getting items and bonuses that give your character an advantage that is unobtainable through other means. And some skills, like ranged/thrown, are literally broken unless you get through the paywall, and are fortunate enough to get one of the limited available items.

    And man, when I hear the kind of money people throw down on these pay events...I just can't even understand it. Have we really come to a point where some virtual item is worth thousands of dollars? So crazy....
    Mental illness + crazy/disability/social security checks = Simucoins

    Quote Originally Posted by Astray View Post
    Skeeball is bullshit.
    Skeeball rules. Know what else rules? VR skeeball!
    Last edited by Methais; 03-16-2019 at 02:50 PM.
    www.twitch.tv/3piecesofbread
    Quote Originally Posted by Back
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman.



    Quote Originally Posted by Androidpk View Post
    And feel free to get me banned, not going to stop my lawyer from sending Kranar a subpoena for IP information on a couple of people.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •