Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Gemstone is becoming Pay2Win?

Quote Originally Posted by audioserf View Post
    double posted due to internet gremlins
    Gremlins in GS should multiply if you cast 903 at them, and feeding them after midnight should turn them into capped invasion critters.

And when they steal stuff, they should target HESS items only.

If you make people lose their HESS items, they'll have to buy more Simucoins and grind out a new one all over again! /revenuestrategy
    Last edited by Methais; 03-19-2019 at 01:29 PM.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Quote Originally Posted by Mobius1 View Post
    The fact that people have invested so much real money into the game, is a huge reason why I don't think the game is dying anytime soon. The people aren't going to quit when they have so much money invested.

But will it eventually end up like plat? If it keeps going this way, I think so. But it won't be dead.

We also have to be careful what we ask for. I think the whales and their god items have to stay. The fixes from now on need to cater to them to some extent, and not just nerf them. Otherwise, we'll lose the whales. And if we lose the whales, it would take some smart dev to reign things in - smart devs we don't have.
    I really wouldn't give a shit about the whales if P2W events weren't sucking up most of the dev resources. I don't give a shit what Simu claims because no company is ever gonna come out and be like, "Yeah we're moving most of our dev to P2W stuff, we'll finish a spell list one day, maybe." that shit is cutting into normal game dev, both in a resource way and in a game balance way like what someone mentioned earlier about high end items indirectly stonewalling fixes that should have been done years ago because people would cry too hard over their expensive items not being worth as much anymore.

Obliterating the in-game economy doesn't help things either, but Simu doesn't seem to give the first single fuck about that.
    Last edited by Methais; 03-19-2019 at 01:34 PM.
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    I really wouldn't give a shit about the whales if P2W events weren't sucking up most of the dev resources..
    Agreed, this is my main issue with it.

But when I have brought this issue up in other places, I have not only been vehemently disagreed with, but have also actually been made fun of.

Going to official forums or Discord, is basically like going to a flat Earther convention.

4. Default

I don't have much of a problem with the Simucoin events, and I enjoy some of them. But it's very clear that almost zero actual dev is happening outside of them. What does happen is a LOL-fest. Collectibles? Boss/pack creatures that are just annoying/avoided? Disarm/item loss update coming one day maybe, but we still don't know for sure it won't be tied to Simucoins in some capacity. Spell lists? Well they did release a bolt spell for monks recently. Oh what's that they also released 1206 SK items? Woah what a coincidence

There IS the shop fix. But as I said to the flat Earthers - SOME dev is happening....just very little.

Quote Originally Posted by Mobius1 View Post
    Agreed, this is my main issue with it.

But when I have brought this issue up in other places, I have not only been vehemently disagreed with, but have also actually been made fun of.

Going to official forums or Discord, is basically like going to a flat Earther convention.
    Stockholm Syndrome for most, and the rest still haven't realized that sucking on Simu's diarrhea filled asshole won't get them any special treatment.

7. Default

Seriously, how many people on average play each night? And by people, I mean actual people, not one person running three accounts.
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/
    Click the link above to see how much you owe the government.

"Well I tell you what, if you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black."
    -Superracist, Joe Biden

“If you don’t believe in free speech for people who you disagree with, and even hate for what they stand for, then you don’t believe in free speech.”
    -My favorite liberal

Quote Originally Posted by Suppa Hobbit Mage View Post
    Seriously, how many people on average play each night? And by people, I mean actual people, not one person running three accounts.

You've mentioned this before in this thread and Discord about dev. While other valid concerns have been brought up in this thread, see below (courtesy of Leafiara's tracking the last 2.5 month dev announcements and sharing yesterday in #general channel) and you tell me if this is "some" dev, or pay event dev.

Since January:

January 13
    -update to include more gifted creatures (minibosses and swarms)

January 19
    -player shop lottery details (announcement only)

January 24
    -experience penalties removed for Lock Pick Enhancement (403) and Disarm Enhancement (404)
    -future update to how enhancives work with future splitters (announcement only)
    -pay event schedule scaled back to four per year

January 27
    -more automated wedding experience in the works (announcement only)

January 28
    -update to Sleep (501) messaging to not incorrectly show winged vipers being knocked to the ground
    -updates to policy of private property design process

February 1
    -bug fixes on cooldown of select multicast wands from Duskruin

February 5
    -playershop lottery and other playershop system testing begins on test server

February 11
    -Abandoned Inn crystal now recognizes sighting
    -warcry vocal chord damage healed after arena or heist

February 14
    -update to Quest Nexus to show who's currently in the quest before entering

February 15
    -access to Gratkor's Cart in the Landing re-opened
    -bug fix to no longer earn max rewards in the heist if you die
    -release of potions to add 500 phantom ranks of Wizard or Sorcerer Base for enchanting/ensorcelling purposes
    -scriplender fee capped at 250

February 18
    -silenced creatures in the heist can no longer summon backup (from Cutthroat, Silence (210))

February 19
    -arena enemies can no longer use traps if placed into RT by disablers
    -Mana Leech (516) and Symbol of Mana cooldown removed when leaving the arena or heist
    February 21
    -feather charm duration now shows in SPELL ACTIVE

February 22
    -bug fixes with using PINCH or PULL on Duskruin quivers with compartments that only have one arroww

February 26
    -Rift double decay timer removed
    -update to Divine Fury (317) lore benefit

March 1
    -black ora from arena and heist packages is no longer cursed

March 3
    -successful playershop lottery tests in live environment, kicking off era of regular playershop releases

March 7
    -new treasure item released: small totem head

How dare you patronize him, Roblar!!!one

Never mind there's even a gigantic rogue fix in that ( 403/404 experience ), the gall of you to actually reply to him.
    LadyXXXXXXX: I guess I just like swallowing.
    LadyXXXXXXX: OMG that thing is HUGE

Tyrillian [General]: "Do you worship V'tull?"
    You [General]: "V'tull worships me."